Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2022 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 12

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: 2022 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 12

Lots of differences from our draft. The order of QBs taken was quite a variation.

PPR vs 0.5 PPR (our league) will certainly make a difference.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Lots of differences from our draft. The order of QBs taken was quite a variation.

PPR vs 0.5 PPR (our league) will certainly make a difference.
    Oh ya of course. Just thought it was interesting.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Always love the draft recaps in this league. Their a fun read. Hopefully we get a couple more posted up here!

I did my share of research this season, like most seasons. Mostly follow articles form the Athletic and adjust my draft board based on that. Pair that with a number of mock drafts through Yahoo! so I get a feel for where guys are and how the draft may go. I always find that the guys in this league are much savvier then the mocks, so my teams never come out quite as good, but I'm typically aware and prepared for that.

That being said, I won the league from the 13 slot last year, so it's doable. Albeit much of that came from hitting on Ja'maar Chase in the mid rounds as he became a league winner. Just need to find this years Ja'maar Chase.

After going through a number of mocks, it was not looking pretty drafting from the 14 spot. I wasn't loving how my teams were coming together and a lot of the guys I liked were not lining up with the 14 turn spot at all, which either meant I'm reaching or taking guys I have concerns about. One thing I noticed, is that coming up with RBs you can feel confident with was difficult during the mocks, while WR seemed more comfortable.

1.14 (14) - Alvin Kamara - RB: At the time I wasn't happy with this pick, but he was the last RB available here that I had any sort of confidence in. There were concerns surrounding a suspension, but that seems to have surprisingly alleviated a bit for this year, we will see. And concerns about new coaching and quarterbacks and whether there will be chemistry and/or opportunity. I'd seen Mixon and Harris drop here in mocks, but knew that was wishful thinking. Ideally I was targeting A. Jones or D. Swift, but they went right before me. Out of Chubb, Barkley and Fournette, I liked Kamara's upside the best (the Barkley injury troubles scare me off). Conner was high on the list, but I was as confident as the rankings.

2.1 (15) - CeeDee Lamb - WR: Maybe taking a 2nd RB here may have been better, but I like having a high pick at each position. I considered Kelce or Andrews, but just felt it was a tad early, although I knew they wouldn't come back around. I like Lamb as a solid bounce back as the No. 1 this year, so hopefully that plays out.

3.14 (42) - Jalen Hurts - QB: I don't love taking a QB so high, and may have been better with Wilson or Burrow at the 5/6 turn, but I read a lot of hype on Hurts for this year as the 2nd QB behind Allen. I also feel having a plug and play QB is one less thing to worry about and being able to bank on a solid 15 - 20 points form the position week in and week out is important, so I took the plunge.

4.1 (43) - Courtland Sutton - WR: Again, maybe should have looked for an RB here, but didn't love the options left compared to the WR, so I went with Sutton to get a piece of the Denver offense with Wilson at the helm. I think they should be a solid team and hoping that Wilson develops a repour with Sutton.

5.14 (70) - Damien Harris - RB: I really thought there would be enough RBs falling at this point, but CEH, Penny, Gibson, Singletary and Edmonds all went within the 7 picks ahead of me. I hate NE RBs as Belichek always seems so all over the place with them, and they seem to easily enter the doghouse, but I didn't like any of the remaining options as an RB2 so I felt forced to make this pick.

6.1 (71) - Elijah Moore - WR: I still felt there were a lot of solid WR options out there, but I didn't love anything left at any of the other positions, so took Moore who I think has a fair bit of upside based on targets and air yards. Hoping he can produce above his draft slot here.

7.14 (98) - Irv Smith Jr. - TE: TE is a bit of a wasteland beyond the top 3 of Kelce, Andrews and Pitts (and there's question with Pitts getting all the defensive attention combined with a bad QB that scared me away from him). I heard a number of people touting Smith's upside so figured I'd take a shot. Can't imagine he'll be all the much worse than the other options available at this point anyways.

8.1 (99) - Alexander Mattison - RB: RBs continued to fly off the board, and there were barely any solid backup or handcuff options left at this point either. Took a shot at Mattison as Cook seems to be an injury concern, so he at least has a shot at RB1 touches should there be any kind of an injury there.

9.14 (126) - Trevor Lawrence - QB: I think Lawrence has some solid upside this year and I mainly didn't want anyone else to get him this cheap at this point. That and I was so frustrated with the depth of RB and WR remaining that I just kind of said F it.

10.1 (127) - Buffalo - DEF: Taking a defense this early? Come on. Not like me at all. See above.

11.1 (154) - Zamir White - RB: I knew nothing about this guy heading into the draft as I never had to go this deep down the RB rabbit hole to find a guy. That being said, I like what I've read and am encouraged he might have an outside shot at some solid touches should anything happen with Jacobs. Pleasantly surprised with this one.

12.1 (155) - Justin Tucker - K: Right back to F it territory taking the first K off the board. Solid drafting by the rest of the league had depleted my RB and WR targets and I didn't know who else to take.

13.14 (182) - Darrel Williams - RB: Didn't know who else to go after here. Just looking for depth with a chance to play. Williams seems to have been a bad pick.

14.1 (183) - KJ Hamler - WR: Mainly liked the DEN option and just getting another share. Likely won't be all that productive.

15.14 (210) - Austin Hooper - TE: This was an autopick as I was frustrated with the lack of depth. Likely just a drop.

Overall I'm not confident it's a championship team. I'm ok with the starting lineup and as long as I'm healthy I am hoping it's enough to stay middle of the pack and not have to fight out of relegation, but we'll see. I am not confident with my depth, which is usually important, especially in the football game. The relegation battle is more nerve wracking than fighting for a championship, as I finished just out of it two years ago due to McCaffrey's injury plagued season. Albeit, looking forward to launching the defense attempt and battling out the season! Game on Boys!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Taking Allen Robinson over some of the options available might give me nightmares....

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Taking Allen Robinson over some of the options available might give me nightmares....
    Right now Akers isn't looking great either (he wasn't my draft pick here) but I do own him in my keeper league. Lots of time for both Akers and Robinson to turn it around.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I owned Allen Robinson last year.
    I've never had a more disappointing (healthy) player in fantasy football than him.
    (Though - who's to say how much was CHI O-Coord and/or Fields towards his targets and play choices)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Lets see if I can win with a QB putting up 2 points. Still projected to be close lol. 7 TDs for AJB?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Lets see if I can win with a QB putting up 2 points. Still projected to be close lol. 7 TDs for AJB?
    Ya, you very much have a chance. My team is shaping up to be hot garbage this season. I'm going to need every win/point I can get. At least my two best players so far this season are going tonight; Hurts and the Buffalo D.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Lol. It’s better this way than being close.

Dobber Sports Immortal

My team is not looking great.

Dobber Sports Deity

My team is not looking great.
    Ditto. I'm scrambling early. Not good.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Ditto. I'm scrambling early. Not good.
    Although.... Jimmy G should help Aiyuk. That's a bonus.

Dobber Sports Deity

Although.... Jimmy G should help Aiyuk. That's a bonus.
    He should help, but as a Niners fan, Jimmy is a good game manager but not a game breaker.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Tee Higgins is having a day! Let's go!

PS I hate these jerseys. Where is the orange?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Alright... I'm finally out of the gates fast for a change this year!
    (though... I've been "projected to win" at many various points in every match... it all goes south Sundays at about 6pm EST... every week so far...)