Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2022 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 12

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: 2022 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 12

Just to confirm, we draft this sunday night?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Yup Sunday 8pm ET

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Dobber Sports Titan

^I read that as "Let's get ready to FUMBLE" and thought it was entirely accurate.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Yup Sunday 8pm ET
    Perfect. Thank you. I cant wait to draft Jerry Rice 5th overall!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

What are the chances we finish the draft by the time House of the Dragon starts?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    What are the chances we finish the draft by the time House of the Dragon starts?

The Wolverine

I'm afraid I won't be there tonight - too late for me. I'll let my computer friend draft and hopefully my team won't suck!

Enjoy!

Dobber Sports Monster

That was fun.

And nobody passed out from too many brewskis!

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Immortal

1. (1) Jonathan Taylor (Ind - RB)

Debated long and hard about CMC. But because it's a 14 team league I had to with the safer pick.

2. (28) Tee Higgins (Cin - WR)
    3. (29) James Conner (Ari - RB)

Love Tee here. Chase was amazing last year but so many of his plays were deep bombs that might be hard to repeat. same reason I didn't go Deebo here.

As for Conner. Best RB left on my list and they were flying off the board. Didn't like it at the time but love it now.

4. (56) Dalton Schultz (Dal - TE)
    5. (57) Allen Robinson II (LAR - WR)

Was set on waiting on TE or QB so I wanted to get one here. Couldn't believe how early Andrews and Pitts went so I went for the next best here.

And hoping Robinson does well in front of his best QB of his career. Looking back I regret not going Kyler here.

6. (84) Brandon Aiyuk (SF - WR)
    7. (85) Kareem Hunt (Cle - RB)

Lance went right before my pick. I was very pissed. So I went back to the best RB and WR that I had ranked.

8. (112) Julio Jones (TB - WR)
    9. (113) Kirk Cousins (Min - QB)

Could not believe Mattison went so early. Ugh. Cousins. But Julio as the new Antonio Brown? Yes please....

10. (140) Jameis Winston (NO - QB)
    11. (141) D'Onta Foreman (Car - RB)

Had to go bold and grab another QB and a solid handcuff.

12. (168) Mike Davis (Bal - RB)
    13. (169) Michael Gallup (Dal - WR)

Another handcuff hoping to get early touches. And then who knows what happens. Gallup may not go on the PUP list so that's great news.

14. (196) Benny Snell Jr. (Pit - RB)
    15. (197) Philadelphia (Phi - DEF)

Sure why not.
    Just grabbing handcuffs at this point.

Dobber Sports Deity

Yahoo didnt like my draft, giving it a grade of D+ (one of three with that draft grade LOL) but I actually like my starters. My draft didn't go exactly as I planned but it went pretty close to my plan. We'll see if it works out for me.

1.5 - Najee Harris - I had him ranked 4th on my list so I was happy he was there for me. I wasn't surprised to see 4 other RBs go before my pick but I was hoping someone would take Jefferson or Cupp before me so I at least had to make a choice. Everyone ahead of me made my choice easier here.

2.24 - Michael Pittman Jr - While I was looking for my 2nd RB here, I didnt see one that jumped out at me at this draft spot, and I love Pittman this year. He was an easy choice for me.

3.33 - AJ Dillon - Probably the biggest reach for me and again it came down to not wanting to go another round without my 2nd RB considering I wasn't getting another pick for 18 spots. I just didnt like the other RBs in this area (Mitchell, Akers, Zeke, Montgomery) and I think Dillon was the safer pick here.

4.52 - Gabriel Davis - I considered going with Waller here but I got burned by him and his injuries last year so I wasn't willing to gamble. Davis has excellent upside and has looked really good, starting in the playoffs last year to the pre-season this year. I own him in my fantasy keeper league so I know him well and had his name penciled in the 4th or 5th. I didnt want to gamble on him going before I could get the chance. I really wanted him.

5.61 - Tom Brady - God help me. LOL! I was looking at Kyler Murray here but he went two picks before me. I wasn't sure how long to wait on a QB. At this point in the draft, most of the studs had already gone so I didnt want to get stuck. Fingers crossed for health.

6.80 - Rhamondre Stevenson - This pick was more about depth than anything else. The RB situation at this point was getting pretty thin so I grabbed who I thought was the best possible option. No one likes taking Patriot running backs but my buddy, who knows and follows fantasy football WAY more than me told me this should be a safe pick at this point in the draft.

7.89 - Alan Lazard - When I came into this draft, I had my eyes on two WRs in particular. Gabe Davis and Alan Lazard. I was happy I got both. Lazard should be the main target for Rodgers this year so I am expecting good numbers from him.

8.108 - Cole Kmet - A TE was becoming an obvious omission from my roster and I was seeing mid-tier guys available so I grabbed the one I feel had the best upside going into this season in Kmet. We'll see.

9.117 - Kadrius Toney - Honestly at this point, I am filling backup roles. Toney is the main guy in NY and although he in coming in injured, he's not a starter for me so the injury should clear and he will offer very good bye week filling and injury replacement.

10.136 - Jamaal Williams - Still fishing for gold in the RB situation, Williams seemed to be the best of the $shit pile left.

11.145 - Chargers D - Filling starting roles, I went with the Chargers D here. I don't normally take D until one of the last two picks but at this point, the remaining players didn't do much for me.

12.164 - Tyler Higbee - Again, injury insurance and bye week filling. Higbee plays for a high scoring team. I dont expect him in starting for me if things go according to plan.

13.173 - Ameer Abdullah - Again, panning for gold and waiver fodder. Who knows.

14.192 - Jameson Williams - Honestly, I like this pick at this point. Yes he's injured and wont start the season but this kid is going to be electric once he's back and playing. I am hoping he's the steal of the draft.

15.201 - Robbie Gould - I had to grab at least one Niner. Might as well be the kicker. LOL!

All in all, I dont hate my team even if Yahoo does. I take their draft grade with a grain of salt. I've had A+ draft grades and finished mid pack and up, and I have had D draft grades and finished mid-pack and up. That's why the game is played on the field.

Good luck to all this year!

Dobber Sports Icon

Will you guys post your full draft results at some point so that us lowly Tier 2 scrubs can learn from your greatness?
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Immortal

Im surprised I had a B without taking a Kicker. But ya I don't pay mind to any of that either.

I was definitely hoping Pittman would make it back to me in Round 3.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Will you guys post your full draft results at some point so that us lowly Tier 2 scrubs can learn from your greatness?
    I don't see why not. Let me see if I can edit the top post or something.