Thread: Dynasty League - Panarin for young gun

Dobber Sports Rookie

Smile Dynasty League - Panarin for young gun

Hello my fellow fantasy player!
    Just found this wonderful forum and came here to stay.

Need a little help from you all, because it's the first time a play in a format like my actual league. We play a dynasty league. This means no drops, no keeper, no redraft. New players can be added from the player pool + waiver.

I made some mistakes while drafting, so I already need to do a rebuild. Got lucky and got Connor Bedard. Now I'm trying to build my future team around him (age wise). For most of my elder players I got a good return and all thats left is Panarin. Thought about keeping him until the trading deadline to earn a higher return but now I got offered the following and can't deside where to go from here.

A player offered me to choose one of the following:

Cooley, Wright, Fantilli or Lambert in exchange for Panarin

I lean heavily to one of the first two, the only problem is my prospect pool is already really full with C. I have Bedard, Savoie, Newhook, Perfetti, McMichael, Eklund, Frost and we only have 4 active C slots.

Would you still go for a trade? Which player would you trade for?

League stats are: GP G A +/- PIM SOG GWG PPP SHP GHHT Hit Blk Tk FOW

Thank you guys!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Dynasty League - Panarin for young gun

i dont understand how this works that you have 2023 guys on your roster already....

Anyhow, one of these guys for Panarin is not close to enough imo and only 2 that have a small outside chance to ever be as productive as Panarin area Cooley and Fantilli imo.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Rookie

We drafted last year on Fantrax with all the players available at that time. So there were some players from 2023 or even 2024 already in the players pool. This is why I habe Bedard for example.

Problem is that young players are worth a lot in our league. Already tried to get more value out of Panarin. I tried to trade for players like Holtz, Raymond, Quinn. But no Chance anybody would go for that.

Guess best thing is to wait until trading deadline?

Dobber Sports Wizard

maybe, players in minors or junior dont contribute to yoru roster...if entire league likes prospects only then try to trade your prospects for veterans and win this and next year..after that you can rebuild:P
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Given the format, I'd avoid trying to go for youth when much of the entire league is hung up on youth. I suspect there are some teams that are primed to contend right now that are sending out all their future youth for good proven players.

Hold Panarin, and don't deal him for one of those 4 lottery tickets.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Panarin is worth much more than any of those players right now. Hold out for a better offer

Dobber Sports Ace

If it only takes one of those players to get Panarin than you should theoretically be able to build a quite competitive roster if you have alot of good prospects. That sounds crazy to say that in my head.... I'm having a hard time figuring out how a league could be so hung up on prospects that they forego even better NHL players just to keep them... Are you sure they're not just trying to hustle you because you're the new guy? If Cooley = Panarin than Bedard = McDavid and that's just crazy.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    If it only takes one of those players to get Panarin than you should theoretically be able to build a quite competitive roster if you have alot of good prospects. That sounds crazy to say that in my head.... I'm having a hard time figuring out how a league could be so hung up on prospects that they forego even better NHL players just to keep them... Are you sure they're not just trying to hustle you because you're the new guy? If Cooley = Panarin than Bedard = McDavid and that's just crazy.
    The reality is that we see countless posts on the forum which amount to the same thing. A bona fide NHL star that a GM is considering moving for what we call "the shiny new toy". I don't understand it but this mind set is prevalent with a lot of fantasy GM's so a league hung up on prospects doesn't surprise me in the least. Thankfully a lot of other folks like those that have posted in this thread are not gaga over guys who have never played an NHL game. The answer here is no, you do not move Panarin for any of these guys. If a package of two or three was coming back for Panarin, well then maybe.

BTW, welcome to the forum Auror. I would encourage you to create a signature that provides all the information about your team and your league, that way we can provide you with better and ore informed answers to your questions.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Rookie

We are a completely new league and nobody has played this format before. Thats propabably why everyone is afraid to trade away young players. Most of them don‘t want Panarin because he is too old with 30. ^^

Dobber Sports Superstar

Unfortunately another reality is the fact that many new fantasy hockey leagues fold within three years. All the more reason to draft and play to win now, not later.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    This.

I think you're looking at your team the wrong way if that's truly how your league sees prospects. If it takes trading away a top end talent like Panarin to get the shiny new toy, do exactly that. Target top end talents for your shiny new toys and go and win your league for the next 3 years lol.