Thread: Vrana?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Vrana?

Saw Vrana is projected for somewhere in the 50’s. Is this what he is now? Was hoping he had another gear to get to this year.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Vrana?

coming off another injury , never really proven he can be much more then 50 point guy or stay healthy. I think there is still upside but most dont add upside to projections for next year. I think projecting him at 50 is pretty good number. If he does play 82 i personally I believe he will be closer to 60 but chances of him playing full 82 are very slim.

Most projections have number of games beside point projection. Does the projection you saw tell you how many games he is expected to play?
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Genius

I think 40G 30A would be his best year. He's more valuable in a goal heavy league and won't put a fantasy team over the top with his mediocre assist totals. He scores in bunches. Of his 13 goals (in 26 games), 10 came at home.

30G 20A would be a good year for him. He will have to stay healthy, add to his totals outside of the home rink, get increased ice time and find himself on a solid line in order to better those totals.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Wow, not much Vrana love happening here (:

As a Vrana owner perhaps I'm a bit biased but based on the following numbers, well, maybe not. Vrana is 26, just hitting his prime going into his 7th NHL campaign. Over the last 3 years Vrana's Pts per game are .75, .72 and .73 which translates over 82 games to 62, 59, and 60 respectively. He has never skated over 15 minutes a game. Vrana's goals to assists ratio over the same period is basically 1:1 with the exception of last year. Those are the numbers. Yzerman gave up a core piece in Mantha to acquire Vrana and I believe he did that to lock in another more offensive core piece to his rebuild. I'm finding it hard to understand how Vrana's young career will significantly regress and he is now a 50 pt forward given these statistical realities. Maybe his absolute floor is 50 but I am quite certain StevieY is expecting a whole lot more. So am I. While I don't expect PPG I do anticipate a consistent 70 -75 pt NHL forward here. When Vrana is skating 18 minutes a night instead of 15, which I believe he will, 70 - 75 pts is absolutely achievable.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Wow, not much Vrana love happening here (:

As a Vrana owner perhaps I'm a bit biased but based on the following numbers, well, maybe not. Vrana is 26, just hitting his prime going into his 7th NHL campaign. Over the last 3 years Vrana's Pts per game are .75, .72 and .73 which translates over 82 games to 62, 59, and 60 respectively. He has never skated over 15 minutes a game. Vrana's goals to assists ratio over the same period is basically 1:1 with the exception of last year. Those are the numbers. Yzerman gave up a core piece in Mantha to acquire Vrana and I believe he did that to lock in another more offensive core piece to his rebuild. I'm finding it hard to understand how Vrana's young career will significantly regress and he is now a 50 pt forward given these statistical realities. Maybe his absolute floor is 50 but I am quite certain StevieY is expecting a whole lot more. So am I. While I don't expect PPG I do anticipate a consistent 70 -75 pt NHL forward here. When Vrana is skating 18 minutes a night instead of 15, which I believe he will, 70 - 75 pts is absolutely achievable.
    yeah those number are about right...but he played 82 once, few seasons ago. So when they make predictions they take into consideration how many games you are projected to play. so based on your points per game calculation, and probable games he will play, if he plays 65-70 games which is pretty accurate assumption imo, he will score around 50 points.

i dont think this has nothing to do with love for Vrana or not but the facts...50 points is pretty good projection. Dobber guide comes out on Friday, if you look at most players, they are not expected to play 82 and their projected point totals are adjusted based on that.

If he manages 82 games, i think 60-65 is attainable.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

For a 26 y/o winger with well over 300 NHL games, its pretty hard for me to envision any MAJOR progress on what he's already shown. The addition of Kubalik and Perron may not go well for Vrana imo. He'll be in a dog fight for a 2d line minutes. Not to mention if Zadina stays with Wings (still RFA), it's the other potential obstacle. All that combined with the injuries concerns, I think 60 points is where he tops...and that is in a best case scenario.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I believe he does have another gear... but the problem is he is just like a Ford truck - keeps breaking down.

But serious - if he could stay healthy and play a full season I could see him hit the 70 points mark for multiple seasons.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I believe he does have another gear... but the problem is he is just like a Ford truck - keeps breaking down.

But serious - if he could stay healthy and play a full season I could see him hit the 70 points mark for multiple seasons.
    Last year scoring was elevated across the league and there were 50 guys to score 70 points. I really dont see Vrana as top 50 player. That does not mean he cant hit 70 but i dont think he can be consistent 70 points guy...

Dobber Sports Superstar

Jeez, I got Vrana in two pools, I better unload his sad ass and get what I can for him before it's too late (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf