Thread: Byram/Perunovich

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Byram/Perunovich

I just got Byram as part of a deal. I immediately got an offer of Perunovich for him. Honestly, Byram’s concussions scare me a lot. I know Perunovich also has some injuries in his past, but I don’t think he has a concussion history. I also feel like he’s got a good shot at getting some good PP deployment soon. Is this a good deal?
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Byram/Perunovich

IMO Byram has significantly more value than Perunovich and is simply the better player to own. However, that doesn't take into account issues such as Byram's concussion history. If that really scares you, then Perunovich is perhaps an option. That said, Perunovich is PP2, not PP1. I'd manage my expectations here accordingly, a 40 pt season would be decent, expecting more is likely overly optimistic. The other issue with Byram is his deployment. There has been lots of discussion on the forum about that. My opinion is, and remains, Bryram is going to have to bide his time before he see's prime opportunity. Toews and Makar aren't going anywhere anytime soon. I can see the motivation for doing this trade but I'm personally not moving Byram for Perunovich straight up. If there was another piece added, maybe.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Byram/Perunovich

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    IMO Byram has significantly more value than Perunovich and is simply the better player to own. However, that doesn't take into account issues such as Byram's concussion history. If that really scares you, then Perunovich is perhaps an option. That said, Perunovich is PP2, not PP1. I'd manage my expectations here accordingly, a 40 pt season would be decent, expecting more is likely overly optimistic. The other issue with Byram is his deployment. There has been lots of discussion on the forum about that. My opinion is, and remains, Bryram is going to have to bide his time before he see's prime opportunity. Toews and Makar aren't going anywhere anytime soon. I can see the motivation for doing this trade but I'm personally not moving Byram for Perunovich straight up. If there was another piece added, maybe.
    yeah i like Perunovich a lot but i think some of the takes on him are tad optimistic. i seen projection of 60 points next year and PP1 minutes but im with Bubba, chances of that happening are not very high.

i do think Perunovich will outproduce Byram offensively in near future and it could stay that way for longer. Byram will never get prime offensive minutes unless he moeves, Perunovich could.

So to answer your question, i actually dont mind the move in points only, i do think Perunovich has better chance at producing higher numbers but Byram is a sexier name with more value atm mostly because of the name. I would do the trade but try to get something on top of straight up swap .
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones