Thread: Dobber Site Issues

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Dobber Site Issues

The main site is so laggy for me now I basically don't read articles anymore. I'm guessing it is the billion ads. My computer is new and I have no issues with any other site. Just wanted to give you a heads up as if other users are experiencing this it is probably losing you traffic. Cheers!

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Dobber Site Issues

Under your browser extensions, I'd recommend adding an Ad Blocker. Takes seconds and it's free. Problem should be solved. I'm on an 11 year old HP, and it's smooth sailing. Ads are rough I know. Good luck.

Dobber Sports Monster

Not sure if I have the same problem but I notice that scrolling is quite slow on the site for me. The site loads quickly, but the scrolling has a delayed reaction.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

on my relatively new MacBook Pro, performance in Safari is brutal. Load times are slow and scrolling is super janky even after everything loads. It's actually difficult to scroll past the first row of article links. Only on the main page though, the articles and forum pages are fine. Chrome is a bit better, but the main page load still seems slow and with weird visual gaps between the 2nd and 3rd row of content links. Firefox is by far the best and most usable although still not an example of awesome web design.

I get that ad blockers have their place if I don't want to see ads, but that shouldn't be a requirement to simply browse the page. Tons of sites have ads that don't interfere with performance.

Love the content, but the site design and implementation is kind of embarrassing.

Dobber Sports Initiate

the ads are a bit much these days for sure. Adblocker for the win

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Love the content, but yeah the site is pretty bad: https://gtmetrix.com/reports/dobberhockey.com/vK80wjhw/
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

The Great One

It works well for me. I did have to resort to an adblocker, though. I wish I hadn't, given I'd like to support this site ...

Software Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    The main site is so laggy for me now I basically don't read articles anymore. I'm guessing it is the billion ads. My computer is new and I have no issues with any other site. Just wanted to give you a heads up as if other users are experiencing this it is probably losing you traffic. Cheers!
    Hi.

We plan to improve these soon.

Can you please list the links of the pages that you feel are laggy? So far everyone is saying just the DH homepage?

Dobber Sports Ace

Yeah, main page. I pretty much just use the forum, main page and frozen tools and everything seems fine except the main page.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    on my relatively new MacBook Pro, performance in Safari is brutal. Load times are slow and scrolling is super janky even after everything loads. It's actually difficult to scroll past the first row of article links. Only on the main page though, the articles and forum pages are fine. Chrome is a bit better, but the main page load still seems slow and with weird visual gaps between the 2nd and 3rd row of content links. Firefox is by far the best and most usable although still not an example of awesome web design.

I get that ad blockers have their place if I don't want to see ads, but that shouldn't be a requirement to simply browse the page. Tons of sites have ads that don't interfere with performance.

Love the content, but the site design and implementation is kind of embarrassing.
    The ads aren't really the issue, testing shows they are 20% of the issue. Image loading is the issue. We are working on a fix. This is only an issue for older devices too. New devices don't see it (which is why we didn't see it)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    the ads are a bit much these days for sure. Adblocker for the win
    subscription access for the win?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    subscription access for the win?
    I didn't know this was an option, if it isn't it should be. I'd buy a lifetime sub if there was one.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    The ads aren't really the issue, testing shows they are 20% of the issue. Image loading is the issue. We are working on a fix. This is only an issue for older devices too. New devices don't see it (which is why we didn't see it)
    Hmm guess that explains why I wasn't seeing much issue.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24