Thread: Yamamoto

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Yamamoto

Never really paid much attention to this guy, it always sounded like he had go potential, but seems to be having a tough time. Is there still some decent potential to be had here or is he looking like he won’t be an impact fantasy player.
    16 team H2H
    Start 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 4 D, 2 G
    G A +/- PIM PPP SHP GWG SOG FW
    W GAA SV SV% SO
    Keep - 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 2D, 1G

C - Crosby, Pettersson, Pageau
    LW - Teravainen, Kaprizov, Keller, gusev, Lafreniere
    RW- Stone, Kucherov(IR), Wheeler, foligno
    D - Letang, Makar, Hronek, Dumba
    G - Hellebuyck, Samsonov, Grubauer, Bernier, Rinne

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Yamamoto

I think he's a second line player who still has some room to grow but the lack of PP1 time caps his upside and he won't ever have very much multi-cat value. I would guess he settles in to being a 45-55 point player with a couple higher seasons mixed in.

Dobber Sports Monster

Yeah, I think he could spike at some point but 45-50 is probably where he settles in. If he can start shooting more he could be a nice secondary piece in leagues. Not expecting a ton though, but watching him early on he does have a creative spark that should keep him in the middle six most of his career.

The Great One

Sorry to tease, but I will be covering him via a deep dive in a Goldipucks column when Bubble Keeper week occurs in August, so stay tuned!
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Administrator

Great complementary piece, but not an individual driver so it'll be hard for him to consistently hit another level. The Oilers' big guns love playing with him because he's a puck hound so it guarantees high end exposure, but there are better options on the PP so that caps the upside as well. He actually does pretty good for hits/PIM averaging about 1.25 hits/g and 0.5 PIM/g, but the lack of shot volume hurts here, and caps what he can do from a goal-scoring standpoint as well.

Scoring for him has been all over the map with some sophomore struggles after exploding on that Nuge-Draisaitl line as a rookie. Seems to have settled into that second line scoring rate of around 1.5-1.8 P/60 so he'll be streaky. Probably looking at a Jake Debrusk type trajectory with exposure to elites, high upside, but inconsistent production and lack of PP1 minutes.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Great complementary piece, but not an individual driver so it'll be hard for him to consistently hit another level. The Oilers' big guns love playing with him because he's a puck hound so it guarantees high end exposure, but there are better options on the PP so that caps the upside as well. He actually does pretty good for hits/PIM averaging about 1.25 hits/g and 0.5 PIM/g, but the lack of shot volume hurts here, and caps what he can do from a goal-scoring standpoint as well.

Scoring for him has been all over the map with some sophomore struggles after exploding on that Nuge-Draisaitl line as a rookie. Seems to have settled into that second line scoring rate of around 1.5-1.8 P/60 so he'll be streaky. Probably looking at a Jake Debrusk type trajectory with exposure to elites, high upside, but inconsistent production and lack of PP1 minutes.
    This is a nice analysis and I like the Debrusk comparison. He'll likely have more value in a multi cat scoring format than a Pts only. I don't think HoH is in the cards but he should have a good career as a secondary complimentary type player. Still only 23, he is just hitting his prime. I think he can provide what the Oilers expected when they drafted him 22nd overall. Not a star, but a player nonetheless.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Novice

You never know what can happen with McDavid and Drai on the team. Could be just a 45pt guy like some are suggesting, but there is the potential for some great seasons next to those two, if things break right.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by chorndawg View Post
    You never know what can happen with McDavid and Drai on the team. Could be just a 45pt guy like some are suggesting, but there is the potential for some great seasons next to those two, if things break right.
    All the wingers in Edmonton get a significant boost for that "if things click" season, even if they don't get significant PP time.
    I think Yam will have one or two.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Novice

If I remember correctly he was something like ppg for around half the season a few years back. He was playing with RNH and Drai at the time.