Thread: Bunting + (Will REP where I can)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Bunting + (Will REP where I can)

Gents,

Typically don't post my trades since 95% of you are in leagues with me, but might need someone to talk me off a ledge on this one

16 team salary cap dynasty, I am defending champion (G, A, PTS, PIM, STP, SOG, HIT, BLK). Need to shed a little cap, nothing serious (say $2M, I could use my minors to stay onside, so cap issue not the main factor here). Won't post my full team (I know, that always bugs me too when I'm responding, but a lot of guys here in the league with me). My main weakness is RW.

I'm a total homer for Meier, was trying for a while to get him from a manager, then that manager left the league and he traded him to another manager. I've been bugging that other manager since he traded for him with very little luck however, he sent me this today:

I get: Meier ($6M) + 2nd round pick 2023

I give: Bunting (950k) + Bennett (4.425M) + Toffoli (4.25M)

My head is telling me that this is a bad idea, as it decimates my depth and all of these guys are on great salary cap league deals (Bunting for one more year). Meier has a great deal for this year, but new contract next year. Heart wants Meier.

Thoughts?

As always, will rep wherever I can.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Bunting + (Will REP where I can)

See if he would do Meier for Toffoli and Bennett. Maybe not but to have Bunting on that deal for another year is a huge plus in salary cap leagues. I'm a big Meier fan too but see if you can hold onto Bunting first. Maybe sweeten the deal with an early pick to gauge where he's at without the addition of Bunting. Good luck
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    My head is telling me that this is a bad idea, as it decimates my depth and all of these guys are on great salary cap league deals (Bunting for one more year). Meier has a great deal for this year, but new contract next year. Heart wants Meier.
    The first part is true, it's a tough pill to swallow. Bunting alone > Meier this year for value. This is a deal that's bad now, and could be even worse next year if Meier get's a healthy increase.

The last part is where you have to decide what you're doing with your squad. If you're in it to own your favourite players and winning comes second, then make the deal and get the guy you want. If defending your championship is more important, pass on the deal.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks gents, figured that would be the commentary.

Do we like it any more if I can get that pick moved to a 2023 1st rounder? The team proposing was a lotto team this year, however, I think they have improved enough to be more in that 7-10 O/A range. Would give me three first rounders next year.

Dobber Sports Pro

Nah, still too much. Let him start sweating about the big raise next year and then circle back later to get him for less.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Mateychuk
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

The Magnificent One

this is a super interesting offer to be honest. i am one who traded away both meier and bunting (for a bigger deal) last season in different leagues due to cap issues and I regret it espcially moving meier.

that being said i think if you can get that moved to a 1st rounder in 2023 I might consider this. Meier will get a raise, think $9M but bunting will probably go to $5+ which might price him out of his value.

the fact that you are moving 3 players and only getting one while also clearing about $3M i am gussing you can possibly add a depth guy for about $1M that can fill in hits and blks or someother stat to make this a win.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Sage

Meier has a 10 M QO for next year which I suspect the owner knows. I was just listening to a podcast today suggesting that Bennett's points will likely decrease without playing with Hubby while Toffoli might see an increase if he's on the first line. I pass on this deal without much hesitation.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Superstar

There are enough "red flags" here to sour me a bit on this deal. The relevant points have been raised. Is Meier really a good contract at 10 Mil or more? That's certainly debatable. I agree that Toffolli is in for a very nice year and so is Bunting on the last year of his ELC. Bennett may regress, but he will contribute across many of your scoring cats and is also on a very decent contract. I like the upgrade in picks to a mid 1st rounder but honestly, that's not enough to make me change my mind. Personally, I'm passing on this.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Wizard

stupid salary cap lol....in non cap league this is a steal even tho im huge fun of Bunting. But in salary cap league i agree with others, your side has more value atm by quite a margin.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd also pass in a cap league. However if you can do this for 2 of the 3 assets, it becomes palatable, since you really want Meier.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.