Thread: Help me compare these two players

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Help me compare these two players

Hey guys,

NHL cap dynasty league, H2H cats G, A, PPP, SOG, PIM, HITS, BLKS, FOW, SHTOI

Simple comparison:
    A. Patrick Kane @ 10.5 vs B. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins @ 5.125

Just purely in a vacuum, am I wrong for valuing RNH at least close in value to Kane at their respective ages and cap hits? We know neither are ‘multi cat beasts’ but RNH adds lots of SHTOI in this setup and good FOW for a winger. A good notch below offensively but holds his own in Assists and PPP. Or is there no comparison with Kane offensive ceiling?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Help me compare these two players

These are really tough for me. What would you spend the remaining cap space on? How deep is your league and how valuable is the cap space? Can you calculate Kane + replacement level player at league minimum vs RNH + 6+ mil player? That is how I would go about answering this question.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ace

Without diving into the numbers, I think that it's safe to say that Kane won't provide twice the numbers to compete with RNH's cap hit (if RNH scores 65 points, Kane will need 130 to justify his contract). There are some nuisances, as DN points out. If you happen to have contributing ELC players in quantity who would otherwise be sitting on your farm, and can therefore afford Kane, I think that you considering going with him.

As hard as it is, if I were in this situation, I would take RNH.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Mikerosen View Post
    Hey guys,

NHL cap dynasty league, H2H cats G, A, PPP, SOG, PIM, HITS, BLKS, FOW, SHTOI

Simple comparison:
    A. Patrick Kane @ 10.5 vs B. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins @ 5.125

Just purely in a vacuum, am I wrong for valuing RNH at least close in value to Kane at their respective ages and cap hits? We know neither are ‘multi cat beasts’ but RNH adds lots of SHTOI in this setup and good FOW for a winger. A good notch below offensively but holds his own in Assists and PPP. Or is there no comparison with Kane offensive ceiling?
    Take Nuge and use your cap you save elsewhere. Too many question marks around Chicago next year. But if you don’t have to decide soon, no harm in sitting on it to see if kane gets dealt. In the right situation he could be worth it, but a lot of things would have to fall into place for me to want kane at that cap hit.
    11 GM limited keeper. keep 13 drop 10. 12f,6d,2g,3bench

Use current cap.

G8, A7, SHG5, SHA3, PIM1, .02 for hits,shots, blocks.
    Goalies stats. W.10, SO.5, OTL.3, SOL.2, SV.010

F-, Connor , svechnikov , Aho , E.Lindholm,hoglander,trochek
    , mcmichael, Konecny, batherson, Farabee, tomasino,

Bench, shesterkin , pinto, Lundkvist, Tomasino

D- theodore, girard, weeger, shattenkirk, clague, perunovich

G- hellebuyck

The Great One

Tough question, also not knowing if this is a one-year or dynasty set up. RNH is a lot more appealing to me this upcoming year just because Kane may be in Chicago for awhile and I expect his offense to drop with the supporting cast he has right now. I don't think you're wrong, in a vacuum, to take RNH at half the cost - but it would help to know how you can use the rest of that cap space...

Dobber Sports Superstar

Until Kane is traded, I believe Kane's current contract ino longer has the value that it did before the Hawks went non linear. I like RNH's contract more. In a vacuum (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf