Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Matthew Tkachuk Trade?

The Great One

Default Re: Matthew Tkachuk Trade?

Given Batherson's contract, I don't think it would be a great idea to trade for Matthew. Especially if you are adding assets on top of that. I'd be surprised if Ottawa was pursuing this, but it will be interesting to see if they even try throwing their hat in the ring...

Also wonder how long this takes. Tkachuk will still get a massive 1 year deal, so it's not like the Flames need to trade him before the season. They could do it at the deadline (and retain cap) to try to increase the return, perhaps?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Given Batherson's contract, I don't think it would be a great idea to trade for Matthew. Especially if you are adding assets on top of that. I'd be surprised if Ottawa was pursuing this, but it will be interesting to see if they even try throwing their hat in the ring...

Also wonder how long this takes. Tkachuk will still get a massive 1 year deal, so it's not like the Flames need to trade him before the season. They could do it at the deadline (and retain cap) to try to increase the return, perhaps?
    True, but think of the season he is fresh off of. His value will not be higher at any point than right now. I would have to assume Matthew's production would decrease a tad without Gaudreau and just overall due to its just a different season. Last year was a magical season for Calgary that overachieved a bit in my book. I think yes, the time to trade him at his peak value is right now this off season.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend of Hockeytown View Post
    I dont see Debincat moving just after dealing for him.
    If Ottawa was a player I would think Batherson + would have to be starting point.

But my understanding is that Tkachuk provided a list of teams he's sign with - St. Louis, Nashville, Dallas, Florida are the top places he might land from reports I saw.
    Ottawa could still afford him.
    If Flames were really willing to go into rebuild mode, Tkachuk and Tanev for Batherson, Hamonic, one of their D prospects, 2023 1st?
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Titan

Eric Francis has come out and said the Athletic take on where he'd sign a long term deal was inaccurate.

I also don't see ANYONE trading for Batherson anytime soon. I don't know what GM would pick that guy up.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Batherson has no trade value right now.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Batherson has no trade value right now.
    Exactly, the only player that are clear from the Hockey Canada scandal are those that weren't at the event this night.
    The others that were present and said that they weren't "involved" sounds like bullshit.
    10 Keepers Salary Cap League (96,025,000M Cap - Players CAP-HIT)
    8 Teams / 12 FW, 6 D, 1G, 4 Scratches
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: 1xG + 1xA
    D: 2xG + 1xA
    G: 2xW + 1xOTL + 1xSO

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,
    D: Heiskanen, Andersson, Sergachev, Mintyukov, Addison, Guhle

G: Shesterkin

Scratch : Dach, Wheeler, Eklund,
    Lundkvist
    FARM : Edvinsson, Stankoven, Kulich, Musty, Leonard, Hutson

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well that escalated fast. Feel bad for Flames fans - this exodus puts a cloud over the entire organization and will further deter other stars from signing there.

Markets like Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg have always been at a huge disadvantage. The only way they can win is building through the draft and praying for loyalty when the time comes for their young stars to re-up.

Petry, Gaudreau and now Tkachuk... does Canada COVID restrictions in the past 2 years could be one of the main reason of those departures of american born players?
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,

Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Eric Francis has come out and said the Athletic take on where he'd sign a long term deal was inaccurate.
    I would agree that it seemed/felt inaccurate for me, that list.

Here is what we know about Matthew Tkachuk:
    1. Seems like he doesn't want to be in Calgary. (One might extend this to suggest he doesn't like being so far from his immediate family... or that coast... or Canada... IDK)
    2. He doesn't have wife or girlfriend (to my search knowledge)
    3. He has dad (Keith) with house in St.Louis and also past London Knight teammate there.

Matt is one-year from being UFA.
    Most guys... are kind of hesitant about signing somewhere new unless:
    1. It is clearly - the biggest boatload of money and they feel the need to secure themselves for rest of life with that. Another NHL team is not going to know exactly what offers will come to Matt in 2023.
    2. They love the lockerroom/team/area. (And this is more common for older guys that know a lot of other guys around the league)

Other than St.Louis - I don't know what teams Matt would feel an "attraction" to.
    So I thought the other six places being listed seemed a bit... weird. Clickbait article, IMO.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ACC90 View Post
    Petry, Gaudreau and now Tkachuk... does Canada COVID restrictions in the past 2 years could be one of the main reason of those departures of american born players?
    I doubt COVID had any role in any of those situations...I may be mistaken, but I don't believe it was Petry's decision to leave the team. Gaudreau, I believe, simply wanted to be closer to family and friends (though not too close).

We don't know why Tkachuk wants to leave, but I suspect it has more to do with wanting to play in a different market/closer to his dad/in a State with a lower tax rate/for a team that has a better chance to win, etc. I doubt it has anything to do with COVID.

I'd hate to say it, but it will always be hard to convince players to stay in Edmonton, Winnipeg, and Calgary (and to a somewhat lesser-extent Ottawa and Montreal).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Veteran

There's been lots of speculation about that amongst reporters, but I'm not sure of any players who have actually come out and said so.

Dobber Sports Deity

We're coming out of most, if not all restrictions in Canada so I don't think that's a reason at all going forward.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I doubt COVID had any role in any of those situations...I may be mistaken, but I don't believe it was Petry's decision to leave the team. Gaudreau, I believe, simply wanted to be closer to family and friends (though not too close).

We don't know why Tkachuk wants to leave, but I suspect it has more to do with wanting to play in a different market/closer to his dad/in a State with a lower tax rate/for a team that has a better chance to win, etc. I doubt it has anything to do with COVID.
    Petry asked to be traded to an American market.

If I had to guess, I bet Tkachuk wants to play in a "sunbelt" market, or of course, St. Louis. Maybe he signs somewhere in the NE United States but to me that feels unlikely. Arizona, Florida, Tampa, Dallas, Vegas, Nashville, etc.

Petry probably only has one or two more seasons left in him, so it kind of makes sense that he'd want to finish his career playing the States.
    12-Team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (Salary cap for keepers only)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1 UTIL, 2G (6 BN, 6 IR+, 1 NA)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - S. Aho, M. Beniers, S. Crosby, B. Jenner, L. Stankoven
    LW - C. Caufield, J. Hughes, T. Moore, J. Slafkovsky, O. Tippett
    RW - D. Batherson, C. Keller, A. Lafreniere, S. Reinhart
    D - E. Bouchard, B. Dillon, M. Roy, M. Seider, C. York
    G - J. Binnington, J. Saros, J. Swayman

IR+: T. Demko, T. Hertl, K. Johnson, G. Landeskog, J. Trouba
    NA: B. Othmann

I'd hate to say it, but it will always be hard to convince players to stay in Edmonton, Winnipeg, and Calgary (and to a somewhat lesser-extent Ottawa and Montreal).
    I can assure you that COVID is the main reason of the departure of Petry from Montreal/Canada (

-A member of his family is not vaccinated and can't come freely in Canada (to help his wife with the children) because of border restrictions.
    -His wife has "tweeted" in the past about the crazy covid measure and lockdown that we had in Quebec and affected children and schools

I don't know about Gaudreau and Tkachuk, but I think it's fair to say that those restrictions won't "help" to attract American players in Canada (the goal is not to start a debate about Covid here)
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

Lundkvist