Thread: Puljujarvi value in cap league

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Puljujarvi value in cap league

Hey guys, 24 team dynasty NHL cap leave G, A, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLKS, FOW, SHTOI. 4C 8F 6D 1G

How are you guys valuing Puljujarvi in cap leagues? On my team he was a nice 8th forward for his 1.175M cap hit and multi cat upside, but I’m getting concerned about budgeting him in at his new impending contract (I’m guessing 2.75-3M he’s gonna get in arb).

I have a lot of cap to move this off-season and I have a couple of offers to turn him into picks/ prospects and give me the chance to look for someone cheaper to fill the depth role he was occupying. (~ two high entry draft second round picks and a third for value)

On the other hand I still see some legit untapped PF upside, making me think I should role the dice on him for just one more season. But the potential of 3M on a guy who might mostly play third line minutes feels iffy.

What do we think?

Ps sorry for lack of team in sig, I just prefer to keep things private!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Puljujarvi value in cap league

He’s definitely at a low value right now with the oilers. Lots of question marks. But looking at the numbers he seems to me (huge oilers fan,) to be a 50 point multicat player going forward. Maybe 40 as a floor if he’s on the third line. In a 24 team league, he’s a fine 8th forward. Not sure what you count peripherals as though. As a bigger player, a PF takes longer to break out too.

So, let’s say with peripherals he becomes a 60 point forward, at 3 mil assuming the new contract, that’s still value.
    But an ELC 8th forward who will get 40 points frees up a few million for you to upgrade another position.

Plus I wouldn’t bet much money on him being an oilers next year. So will the good pick offers for him still be there if he’s traded? Will that make him more or less valuable?

Without knowing more about your team and who’s available, my gut says you can find comparable or better. He might end up being a better real world player, than a fantasy player.
    11 GM limited keeper. keep 13 drop 10. 12f,6d,2g,3bench

Use current cap.

G8, A7, SHG5, SHA3, PIM1, .02 for hits,shots, blocks.
    Goalies stats. W.10, SO.5, OTL.3, SOL.2, SV.010

F-, Connor , svechnikov , Aho , E.Lindholm,hoglander,trochek
    , mcmichael, Konecny, batherson, Farabee, tomasino,

Bench, shesterkin , pinto, Lundkvist, Tomasino

D- theodore, girard, weeger, shattenkirk, clague, perunovich

G- hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Since we don't know enough about your team, I can't give great advice. If we knew the cap, a spending breakdown by position, and how your positions work, plus where you are strong weak, we might be able to help you. Right now, it's all about what do we think about the player with so much up in the air, and your situation is barely relevant.

If you have a lot of cap to move, you likely need to dump more than him, for example.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Since we don't know enough about your team, I can't give great advice. If we knew the cap, a spending breakdown by position, and how your positions work, plus where you are strong weak, we might be able to help you. Right now, it's all about what do we think about the player with so much up in the air, and your situation is barely relevant.

If you have a lot of cap to move, you likely need to dump more than him, for example.
    The cone of silence is nice in theory, however as stevegamer has pointed out, asking very specific questions to the forum without providing the necessary information to allow us to give solid advice is not going to be particularly beneficial I'm afraid.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Veteran

I drafted him pretty high last year hoping for the beginnings of a breakout but now I'm pretty convinced that the upside is lower than was originally hoped. Wish he would keep his tongue in his mouth too.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Icon

He had 23 points in the first 29 games last season before getting hurt and getting covid. He never fully recovered. This may be the last summer where he can be acquired for less than what he's going to produce over the next decade. Puljujarvi should start to see an uptick in special teams ice time this season as the Oilers are lacking penalty killers so either Puljujarvi is going to play in the top 6 full time or he's going to play on the PK.

My expectations for him this season are that he has more than 50 points in a full 82 game schedule which would make him very valuable at his $3,000,000 salary.