Thread: MLB Bench Help

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default MLB Bench Help

R, 2B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, Avg

I've been hanging onto Taylor Ward since his incredible start but I think it might be time to cut bait.

I also just lost Wander so now only have Cruz at SS. It's not the worst thing because if he does get a hit, it's likely going to be extra bases (16 hits, 5 doubles and 4 homers). But he's been an average killer so far.

I'm deciding between Christian Walker, Nate Lowe and Josh Rojas.

Walker brings the power and tons of walks (which is a category that I keep losing even with Soto).
    Lowe has been on fire and brings a higher average than Walker
    Rojas gives me another viable SS

C: Varsho
    1B: Olson
    2B: Berti
    3b: Riley
    SS: Cruz
    OF: Soto, Ozuna, JD Mart
    Util: Eloy, Kirilloff
    BN: Ward

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: MLB Bench Help

If you're one of the owners who believes that players can be unlucky and have their actual performance not be fully reflective of what should happen, then you'll want Christian Walker. Using Statcast and other lucky/unlucky information, Walker is one of the unluckiest players in baseball this year. The difference between his actual batting average and slugging percentage and what Statcast data would suggest is one of the biggest differences in baseball this year.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leade...10&sortDir=asc

He's actually come closer to his "true" level in the past couple weeks, but he's still a ways away. He should be batting closer to 272 and slugging almost 600. Conversely, Lowe is doing what he should, and Rojas has been one of the luckiest batters this year.

This does not guarantee future success, but given the strong indicators that Walker should have a positive regression coming, he'd be my pick.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: MLB Bench Help

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    If you're one of the owners who believes that players can be unlucky and have their actual performance not be fully reflective of what should happen, then you'll want Christian Walker. Using Statcast and other lucky/unlucky information, Walker is one of the unluckiest players in baseball this year. The difference between his actual batting average and slugging percentage and what Statcast data would suggest is one of the biggest differences in baseball this year.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leade...10&sortDir=asc

He's actually come closer to his "true" level in the past couple weeks, but he's still a ways away. He should be batting closer to 272 and slugging almost 600. Conversely, Lowe is doing what he should, and Rojas has been one of the luckiest batters this year.

This does not guarantee future success, but given the strong indicators that Walker should have a positive regression coming, he'd be my pick.
    What a response! Thanks.