Thread: Wright still first for fantasy???

The Great One

Default Wright still first for fantasy???

What are we thinking here?? Kid still had more points than mcjesus as a 16 year old and its not like he didn't have good reasons for a slow age 17 season. Thoughts???

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Wright still first for fantasy???

At this point, I'm not sold on the big kid Slafkovsky in Montreal and I'm not sold on Cooley in Arizona either so ya, it's still Wright for me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Absolutely NOT!* He's clearly a tier below the others now.

*For all of my leaguemates, I'm very interested in acquiring S.Wright from you.

SEA is actually a really solid landing spot for him IMO... especially with Beniers already being an excellent 2-way C. No pressure of being the #1 pick, new/building franchise, I do think he'll be the top guy when we all look back down the road.

I've been banging the Wright drum here for the past few weeks though so take my admiration of him with a grain of salt.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would've preferred him somewhere where he had wingers to play with but I'm still leaning towards him in pts only.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Pro

It’s very close for me! Slafkovsky have a higher ceiling but lower floor. Wright is the safe pick.
    I think Slaf have the potential to be a superstar and Dobber seems to be pretty high on him... he would be my choice
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'm thinking it really may not matter much. I don't see many of this draft class rising to Super Star status. I'd be trying to trade #1 overall this year for a shot at #1 next year... (or even top 5 next year). If you like Wright.. I'd stick with that pick.

I do agree with Axe though... Not crazy about situation for Slaf/Mtl nor Cooley in Zona (but this could be sneaky good in a few years with the rest of the kids the Yotes are adding).

- - - Updated - - -

I'm thinking it really may not matter much. I don't see many of this draft class rising to Super Star status. I'd be trying to trade #1 overall this year for a shot at #1 next year... (or even top 5 next year). If you like Wright.. I'd stick with that pick.

I do agree with Axe though... Not crazy about situation for Slaf/Mtl nor Cooley in Zona (but this could be sneaky good in a few years with the rest of the kids the Yotes are adding).