Thread: Forward Prospect Speculation

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Forward Prospect Speculation

If you had to drop two of these guys, looking at a 2 year window, who would be your cuts?

G, A, Hits, +/-

Jack Drury
    Aliaksei Protas
    Ville Koivunen
    Tyler Angle
    Taylor Raddysh
    Dmitri Rashevsky

I'm thinking Angle and Koivunen (arrival time a factor), but Rashevsky is apparently a long shot to even come to NA (?).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Forward Prospect Speculation

In a 2-year window, I'm dropping V.Koivunen and D.Rashevsky.

They are the two with the highest upside (imo) but can't see either making that happen in the next two years.

T.Angle is "droppable" too... but if I had to guess who might sniff some showtime in the next 2 years only, I like his chances more than the other two.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by YzermansLegacy View Post
    In a 2-year window, I'm dropping V.Koivunen and D.Rashevsky.

They are the two with the highest upside (imo) but can't see either making that happen in the next two years.

T.Angle is "droppable" too... but if I had to guess who might sniff some showtime in the next 2 years only, I like his chances more than the other two.
    I agree with this. Last year's KHL performance notwithstanding, there hasn't been much in Rashevsky's past to suggest him being a contributor. And as between Koivunen and Angle, they're both the same level of non-prospect. But because Angle is two years older and you speak to a 2-year window, it is more likely that the 21 year old Angle will produce something of value than the just-turned-19 years old Koivunen.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Easy, Raddysh and Angle. I’d take a chance on Rashevsky despite the uncertainty of translating it to the NHL and the uncertainty of coming over with what is going on in the world right now

Dobber Sports Superstar

In a two year window only Drury and Raddysh are likely to see NHL playing time IMO. Drury is by far your best prospect, 24 pts in 18 AHL playoff games for the Wolves this year. He's forcing the Canes hand. He's certainly not elite, but if he continues to develop middle six deployment is not out of the question in a few years. What he is done in the AHL this year (2 pts in 2 games played for the Canes as well) may well indicate that Drury was a steal at 42nd overall. Raddysh may get a fresh start in Chicago but bottom 6 may well be as good as it gets but the fact remains that he is already in the show. What happens with the others, well who knows, but if any of them are actually able to establish an NHL career in the next two years I would be extremely surprised. Protas and Rashevsky, well, the fact that both are currently back in Russia is somewhat less than an ideal situation if you are hoping they play in the NHL anytime soon. Just ask Ivan Fedotov. From todays ramblings: " What does this mean for Russian prospects currently in the KHL moving forward? Winnipeg's Daniel Rashevsky, New Jersey's Arseni Gritsyuk, San Jose's Alexei Kolosov? Does Danila Yurov fall down the draft on Friday? Strange times. If circumstances were different, Protas could be in the NHL in a few years but I'm not betting on that, things are very uncertain with Russian prospects for sure. I like Ville Koivunen but again, he has a ways to go on the development curve before he establishes himself as an NHL player and I don't see anything more than middle six at best if and when he arrives. I'm not overly optimistic that Angle is NHL caliber, a career AHLer seems more likely IMO, but he's very young so time will tell but I'm certainly not holding him to find out. To specifically answer the question, I think your two best options for drops are Angle and Protas.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Titan

Rashevsky and Angle for me. Koivunen has the higher upside than Angle, and regardless on your window, you keep the higher upside guys and they can be used as trade bait. You keep the lower upside guy and you end up with a fourth line guy. You keep the higher upside guy and in two years you can flip him for a middle-six guy.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)