Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2022 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: 2022 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YzermansLegacy View Post
    I'm really big on Lambert too... so I'm glad we're not drafting in any leagues together lol. Coincidentally I also love pickles.

All the scouting reports I read on him said the same thing - huge red flags. I'm still drafting him where I can, but I'm resigned to him maybe not putting all those tools together too.

He's my 2nd fave F prospect in this class (after Wright)... so I feel the love for him too!
    I draft 6th in a 31 teams league... Might take a shot with him for the homerun or trade back to pick him.
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Sage

Which one of Kemmel, Savoi, and Letterkenny falls? Seems like a Dman or two always go higher than expected and I can see one of the smallish wingers fall. And then teams reach for size (Geekie, Bichsel, McGroarty, Pickering) and draft them higher than we expect. I'm really hoping one of those 3 wingers, Korchinski or Mintyukov is there for Vancouver at 15.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Demi-God

For me, Savoie falls.
    Talented player, but just too small to be NHL-C... and I think a team will draft him as an NHL-winger.

I expect the big 3F/2D still to go top 5.
    Cutter Gauthier (NHL-C body), Marco Kasper (NHL-C potential, polished), Lekkermaki (NHL-shot), and Kemell (NHL-all around game) are all guys I like top 12.
    I think NHL teams also are interested in Korchinski and Mintyukov.
    I don't expect those two D to slide past CBJ at #12. I think ANA could also take one at #10.

Earliest I see Savoie is #9 to Buffalo or #11 to San Jose.
    But I think BUF goes with one of Lekkermaki/Kemell... and I expect one to be there.

SJ at #11 - possible for Savoie, but they did take William Eklund last year.
    With Hertl & Couture (C1,C2) signed long-term, they are looking D or W, by organizational need.
    I'd love to see Savoie on wing in San Jose. I could also see SJ (GM???) going off-the-board with Yurov, Ohgren, or even Mateychuk.
    Absolute latest Savoie will go is #13 to NYI. He won't go later than that.

Savoie is my pick for "faller".
    I know some people like him as high as #5.

As for VAN... the only guy that I've listed that I could see making it to #15 is Korchinski.
    I keep reading a LOT of love for Korchinski... but I have this nag at me that his game is too predictable and won't translate well at NHL level.
    He's the only guy of the names above that I think might be on the board for VAN at #15.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I wouldnt be suprised if Savoie goes 6th to CBJ and Lambert goes 11th to SJ
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I would agree with this development plan even though he was exceptional status. He missed a year due to covid. I'd send him back then bring him back overripe.
    Yup, I agree... let him go back... be a superstar in the league... and hopefully go on a long playoff run, important experience.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Prodigy

So much click bait every year on this GM or that GM isn't sure and then they step to the mic and pick the player everyone says should go number 1. Bob McKenzie is the worst for this. Every year he says well 4 scouts say this guy and 6 say that guy. I remember in the McDavid draft he said 6 scouts say McDavid and 4 say Eichel. I remember thinking at the time that there were four scouts who shouldn't be employed by an NHL team. I respect Joe Sakic a lot and really appreciated when before the 2013 draft he came out and said he was taking MacKinnon. Even then the click baiters wondered if it was a smoke screen. Does anyone know the last time there was truly a surprise at #1? I did find one posting from 2007 saying Kyle Turris was ranked ahead of Patrick Kane but I am not sure if that was true or not back then.

Dobber Sports Titan

- Talks between MTL and Ottawa about the 7th overall pick have heated up. Ottawa going for Anderson and Dvorak.

- Vancouver and NYR have talked about JT Miller deal.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    3. Marco Kasper. This is the player most out-of-place, IMO. Everything I read suggests he's going to be drafted 7th-10th, because he's as close to NHL-ready as there is in this draft.
    But this consensus has him at 15. So I'm quite curious who has him so low.
    This said, not sure how he'll translate to fantasy hockey - as what I read suggests he may have one of the best all-around two-way games offered for forwards.
    I also thought he was a "C" and everything I read pegs him as a "C", but listened to a podcast yesterday that said he played primarily Wing in his league last year.
    I think Stevie Y jumps on Kasper. He's a perfect fit for the young, up-and-coming Wings... playing 2nd fiddle to Larkin.
    The way Yzerman is constructing the Wings is PERFECT...

Franchise center and leader = Larkin, check.
    Cornerstone, multi-purpose defenseman anchor = Seider, check.
    Hulking, versatile 1st pairing defenseman = Edvinsson, check.
    Dynamic, top line scorer = Raymond, check.
    Future franchise goaltender = Cossa, check.
    Top-6 grimy forward with character = Bertuzzi, check.

2nd line, 200-foot centerman with size = Kasper, check.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Stud

Heard a few rumblings (apologies don't have links) about NJ looking to move back from the 2-hole... despite all of us Fantasy GMs drooling at Slaf lining up beside Hughes/Holtz for the next decade.

Completely fabricated idea - seeing NYI (good old Lou tapping his old stomping grounds) making a deal to grab Slaf.

To NJ:
    S.Varlamov
    N.Dobson
    13th OV pick 2022

To NYI:
    J.Bernier
    T.Smith
    2nd OV pick 2022

Gives NJ a legit starter and a RHS Dman to complement their bevy of LHS (although some can play the right-side).

Gives NYI a beautiful complement to Barzal's style and unloads the RHS logjam (Pulock, Mayfield, Dobson) to top-4 minutes. Pelech-Pulock + T.Smith-S.Mayfield feels like a really solid top-4 as Smith matures. Slight salary relief too allowing I.Sorokin to take the reins and JB to backup.

Few things rarely more INaccurate than draft day trade ideas... so feel free to roast as needed
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I think Stevie Y jumps on Kasper. He's a perfect fit for the young, up-and-coming Wings... playing 2nd fiddle to Larkin.
    The way Yzerman is constructing the Wings is PERFECT...

Franchise center and leader = Larkin, check.
    Cornerstone, multi-purpose defenseman anchor = Seider, check.
    Hulking, versatile 1st pairing defenseman = Edvinsson, check.
    Dynamic, top line scorer = Raymond, check.
    Future franchise goaltender = Cossa, check.
    Top-6 grimy forward with character = Bertuzzi, check.

2nd line, 200-foot centerman with size = Kasper, check.
    I understand what you're saying and the Wings are limited to drafting who is available at their spot but is Larkin and Kasper dynamic enough as the #1 and #2 centers to be Cup contenders? Think if I were Detroit I'd lean Savoi or Nazar.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Bold Predictions

1) Arizona drafts three defensemen in the first round - #3 Nemec, #27 Lian Bischel and #32 Lane Hutson

2) Winnipeg Ice Centers get drafted opposite to their rankings - Connor Geekie gets drafted before Matthew Savoie

3) The only Russian drafted in the first round ins Mintyukov - and thats only because he is already playing in North America.

4) Brad Lambert falls as far as Autu Raty last year - and gets drafted by Detroit at pick #52

5) Half of the first 14 picks are defensemen - Nemec, Jiricek, Mateychuk, Mintyukov, Korchinski, Pickering, Chesley. - NHL GMS showing recency bias after watching Makar's dominant performance in the playoffs.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Bold Predictions

1) Arizona drafts three defensemen in the first round - #3 Nemec, #27 Lian Bischel and #32 Lane Hutson

2) Winnipeg Ice Centers get drafted opposite to their rankings - Connor Geekie gets drafted before Matthew Savoie

3) The only Russian drafted in the first round ins Mintyukov - and thats only because he is already playing in North America.

4) Brad Lambert falls as far as Autu Raty last year - and gets drafted by Detroit at pick #52

5) Half of the first 14 picks are defensemen - Nemec, Jiricek, Mateychuk, Mintyukov, Korchinski, Pickering, Chesley. - NHL GMS showing recency bias after watching Makar's dominant performance in the playoffs.
    Spicy and I like it! That's what I'm thinking with #5 which is why I wonder if one of the 3 small wingers fall to Vancouver at 15.

Dobber Sports Sage

One of my favourite tools for drafts is to see "consensus" lists.
    EOTP (Eyes on the Prize: SB Nation) has a good recently released list - well, yesterday!
    https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2...rospects-elite
    [Viewing note - I'd recommend viewing this link on a cell/mobile, turned landscape. On PC, it's shit - and you have to scroll down to get the scroll bar to go left/right - which loses player name and rank: bad format.]
    Page loads fine for me. Check again?
    Maybe they updated formatting.

EDIT:
    Nevermind - 2022 doesn't. I had meandered onto a previous year page and that one was fine.

I guess putting it into an Excel sheet would be best for viewing. That way to you can search and sort with ease.
    I love my Excel sheets
    For anyone that wants it in Excel form:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I understand what you're saying and the Wings are limited to drafting who is available at their spot but is Larkin and Kasper dynamic enough as the #1 and #2 centers to be Cup contenders?
    All depends on who Stevie puts around them, but I'd say yes. Larkin is a very dynamic, fast, gutsy leader who does it all. Similar-ish to Toews. Kasper is a big, 200-foot center with skill who has drawn comparisons to players like Couturier and Kopitar. Even if he ends up more like Couturier than Kopitar, he'll make enough of an impact on a winning team that is well-constructed.

Personally, I think the Wings are 3 years away from "making their move" and dipping into the UFA pool for "missing pieces." That's this year and 2 more of quality drafting before the Wings become a desired destination for free agents.

As for Nazar and Savoie... like them both... but they are tiny and also have some question marks. I know this... Stevie knows his stuff... so if he drafts one of the small fellows... he believes they are can't miss.

But I look at what he did with Seider, Edvinsson and Cossa... in all three cases he went against the grain. I could see him thinking they can develop a Kasper into a Barkov-ish type with the right tutelage. Of course I could be wrong.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Grand Master

^Oh... awesome bump on that 2017 draft comments. (SOME REP to you for finding and linking that.)

I love re-visiting those... always crossing my fingers that I didn't say something utterly idiotic! (which happens!)
    (I only have comments towards Liljegren and that he seems like he'll *pop* only with the right use and the right D-partner... which seems fairly fine so far. Leafs have to find that fit, he does show some potential).

There were some users who hit on their comments towards Pettersson.
    Ironically, not a single comment towards what Makar might become in that thread.
    And not a single comment suggesting that Nolan Patrick could *bust* - which he has, thus far.

Also - I think everybody and their mother expected the fast/shifty Yamamoto to pop on a team with McDavid.
    And he's showed flashes, but he's not a full fit there yet.

Man... that 2017 draft was a doozy for MOST teams and many fantasy GMs (myself included: Nolan Patrick with #2, ugh.)
    I enjoyed those posts.

To be fair, Bobby Clarke would've posted that he knew Patrick would bust if he had a time machine to go back to that thread, and could figure out how to post here. Patrick's injuries derailed him, but he was definitely not the #2 guy in that draft even without them, but he was rated as such.

I took Petterson in my entry draft in my main league, but cut him on cutdown day. He's my worst decision ever in that league, and it's not close.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.