Thread: Wyatt Johnston

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Wyatt Johnston

Im just wondering everyone's thoughts on where you think Wyatt Johnston would be selected if he was in this years draft I have the 4th pick and im thinking he would be the next best player after the consensus top 3 guys are gone thanks for your input.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Wyatt Johnston

Top ten for sure.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Initiate

Top 15. I think I like him more than Nazar and he's 15th on bob's ranking
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

So you think there are 12 or more better players in this years draft than Johnston....

Dobber Sports Ace

I would take Wright, Slaf, Cooley, Nemec, and Jiricek over him.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Thanks guys for your input i appreciate it

Dobber Sports Pro

Between 5th and 10th for me. Depends of your league too... I know that guys in my league love the brand new toy over the older players. I have the 12th pick and i hope that Johnston will still be available !
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dover View Post
    Between 5th and 10th for me. Depends of your league too... I know that guys in my league love the brand new toy over the older players. I have the 12th pick and i hope that Johnston will still be available !
    he is year removed from the draft and with 0 NHL games...guess technically he is older but not really..if anything he is closer to the show than those guys chosen
    in 5-10
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Pro

Totally agree! I was able to grab J.Robertson in the same kind of situation. I don’t regret it!
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Superstar

I think Johnson was a steal for the Stars at 23rd overall last year. That said, I'm not convinced he slides into the top 5 from this years draft. He had himself an awesome season, both regular and playoffs but we need to remember that this is somewhat expected for a 19 year old 1st round pick in the OHL. Like others, I think he would slot in 5 - 10 in this years draft. He could fall out of the top 10 but I think it's more likely than not that he doesn't given the scoring talent he put on display this year. I'm also doubtful that he can crack the Dallas lineup next year, despite improving his two way game this year, a stint in the AHL is more likely and after that we'll see. Still, Wyatt Johnston is a very nice prospect to own, again, a steal IMO at 23rd overall.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bbfl1987 View Post
    I would take Wright, Slaf, Cooley, Nemec, and Jiricek over him.
    This.

If you're not into drafting D in some fantasy formats, he is 4th after those 3 forwards.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    I think Johnson was a steal for the Stars at 23rd overall last year. That said, I'm not convinced he slides into the top 5 from this years draft. He had himself an awesome season, both regular and playoffs but we need to remember that this is somewhat expected for a 19 year old 1st round pick in the OHL. Like others, I think he would slot in 5 - 10 in this years draft. He could fall out of the top 10 but I think it's more likely than not that he doesn't given the scoring talent he put on display this year. I'm also doubtful that he can crack the Dallas lineup next year, despite improving his two way game this year, a stint in the AHL is more likely and after that we'll see. Still, Wyatt Johnston is a very nice prospect to own, again, a steal IMO at 23rd overall.
    I would add that for majority of the season, Johnston was an 18yr old, he didn't turn 19 til sometime in May I believe, he also missed all of last year due to CHL being shut down and not playing overseas, plus he did what he did while not having much of a cast around him, wasn't like he was playing next to a Taveras or McDavid, he was the playdriver on his team and he had nearly 40 more points then the next highest player on his team.
    I still wouldn't take him above those mentioned above, but with everything being taken into consideration, I feel he is easily a top 10 pick this year. I don't think he has the highest ceiling, but with his two way play he seems like he has a very safe floor of 3rd line center with a good shot of being a really good 2nd line center and outside chance of a top line center, think in the vein of Monahan (circa 2+ years ago lol).

Edit: Also just wanted to say what an embarrassment of riches Dallas has coming up, Johnston, Stankoven, Bourque to play with the young players that have just arrived there, Robertson, Heiskanen, Hintz. Dallas needs to move out from some of those ugly contracts and they could be a scary team in a few years.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov