Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who will be the goalie tandem in Colorado next year?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Who will be the goalie tandem in Colorado next year?

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Korpi extended in Columbus. It was a very quiet signing. Didn't see a ton of reporting on it.
    Well lookie there, you're correct. One year, $1.3M. You're also correct that it was quiet.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

haha yes, i knew he was signed. went to capfriendly to double check.

If Colorado offered Kuemper like 5-6 years x 4.25m-4.75m you have to at least think about it. Its one thing to get your payday, its another to not play for teams like Arizona your whole career.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    haha yes, i knew he was signed. went to capfriendly to double check.

If Colorado offered Kuemper like 5-6 years x 4.25m-4.75m you have to at least think about it. Its one thing to get your payday, its another to not play for teams like Arizona your whole career.
    It's teams like Chicago, Washington, Toronto and Edmonton looking for starters. The duds looking for a goalie are Buffalo and New Jersey.

League average pay for a starting goalie is 5.5 to 6.5 million and offering less than league average would be an insult. If he wanted to stay he would take league average. If Sakic will pay it is another matter considering Francouz played better and Sakic historically lowballs goalies.

He isn't taking a low deal equal to what he just made after a career year and a cup. He made league minimum for most of his career outside of 2 years in Arizona.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Monster

I'm starting to think that Colorado finds a way to keep Kuemper. Sounds like there's mutual interest and Colorado may not want to risk another situation like last free agency. We'll see. They should be able to land a top free agent goalie if not Kuemper, even though the crop isn't that deep.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think everyone can agree that Francouz & Annunen are two of the top 3 goalies on the depth chart.

Personally I think Annunen is #3 again this year, but I'd somewhat expect a cheaper short term option paired with Francouz to be part of the tandem.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Veteran

If I’m Kuemper I’d be taking a hard look at the Grubauer situation. Do you want to go back to playing irrelevant hockey like Arizona all over again just to make an extra ~1M/year, or do you want to compete for the cup perennially?

unless you can get your 6-6.5 on a contender, but I just don’t see it.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    I think either Kuemper takes less to stay or Sakic trades for a (hopefully) younger 1A/1B goalie. The UFA route is highly unlikely as none of the guys thatll cost under 4m strike me as reliable for 41 starts per season.

Trade candidates
    SJ: Reimer / Hill as mentioned above
    Ott: Forsberg / Gustavsson
    Mtl: Jake Allen
    Wsh: Samsonov / Vanecek (both are RFAs, cant pay both big money right?)
    CBJ: Korpisalo
    Sea: Driedger
    I've read SJ wants to roll with Reimer this year. Also read Montreal is not keen on moving Allen (with the uncertainty to Price). Driedger is out long term, so I don't see that happening. Ottawa would have traded Forsberg last year if he wasn't their guy. I think Colorado will target a bigger fish...

Dobber Sports Star

in general it is not wise to assume what a player wants and/or prioritizes. there are certainly indicators and even probable outcomes but until they sign on the dotted line we dont really know for sure.

the only certainty we have is that sakic seems to not want to pay more than 5-6m AAV somewhere for a non-elite goalie. i say kuemper at least thinks about taking taking 1-1.5m AAV less to stay on the team he just won a cup with. the tax implications are also a factor making the take home pay closer than the 1-1.5m compared to say toronto.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Genius

Maybe they could scoop Blackwood in NJ….
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).