Thread: Campbell vs Kuemper

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Campbell vs Kuemper

Both are UFAs so hard to predict which will go to a better team.

If you had to pick 1 without knowing where they end up who would it be?
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Campbell vs Kuemper

Kuemper quite easily but I think the two are pretty close overall.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Monster

Kuemper is probably the better goalie but honestly if you can wait I would. If, say, Campbell lands in Colorado and Kuemper lands in Detroit...

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Wizard

pure talent, i actually prefer Campbell. However i think there is much higher chance that Kuemper stays than Campbell, thats why if i had to choose today it would be Kuemper. Team matters tons and as Pmorrow said, you are best off to wait, problem is they be more expensive once you know they landed on good team.

i just had this conversation yesterday in one of my leagues where someone tried to trade me Kuemper for Marner. I looked it up and last year Kuemper was 25th if i remember and Grubeaur was 2nd best goalie in the league in taht particular set up. This past year, Kuemper was 5th and Grubs was 24th. Yes goalies need to be good for teams to be good, but good team overall helps goalies. IF you put Vasil on Arizona, he maybe better than anybody else who would play there but he be lucky to rank as top 15 goalie overall.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Kuemper is probably the better goalie but honestly if you can wait I would. If, say, Campbell lands in Colorado and Kuemper lands in Detroit...
    I dont think Detroit is investing in a goalie but who knows. I think they are happy with Nedeljkovic going forward but Stevie Y could surprise.

As far as the OP goes, I think both will end up on decent teams. Neither guy has shown they can stay healthy so there's a big health risk with each guy. If I were going to invest in one, it would probably be Kuemper.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont think Detroit is investing in a goalie but who knows. I think they are happy with Nedeljkovic going forward but Stevie Y could surprise.

As far as the OP goes, I think both will end up on decent teams. Neither guy has shown they can stay healthy so there's a big health risk with each guy. If I were going to invest in one, it would probably be Kuemper.
    Detroit was probably not the best example. I doubt Kuemper lands on a bad team tbh. Chances are good Kuemper has more playoff team options than Campbell, but until we see the landing spots who knows. Also depends if those teams have good backups that eat into starts.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Grand Master

In your format team situation is almost more important than the goalie. You have wins, which are mostly a team stat, and shutouts which are mostly a goalie stat - and rare.

If I had to pick now, I think Campbell is more likely to stay on the Leafs than Kuemper on the Avalanche, and Campbell will have less competition in whomever is there than Francouz. So I'd take Campbell. However, I'd prefer not to make that call right now.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Neither one of these guys is going to turn the team they go to in the right direction with stellar goaltending from start to finish. It will very likely be the other way around if it happens at all. So, it all depends on where these guys land as many others have said. If I have to pick one it's Kuemper, he has demonstrated that he can thrive in a favorable environment. I think if his asking price is at all reasonable the Av's would welcome Kuemper back. I can't really say the same for Campbell, he let a good situation in Toronto seemingly slip though his fingers, if the Leafs have lost confidence in him as their starter and let him walk, which seems to be the way the wind is blowing, he is leaving a good environment for the unknown. I have more confidence in a good situation for Kuemper than I do with Campbell. We'll see, all conjecture at this point.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Neither one of these guys is going to turn the team they go to in the right direction with stellar goaltending from start to finish. It will very likely be the other way around if it happens at all. So, it all depends on where these guys land as many others have said. If I have to pick one it's Kuemper, he has demonstrated that he can thrive in a favorable environment. I think if his asking price is at all reasonable the Av's would welcome Kuemper back. I can't really say the same for Campbell, he let a good situation in Toronto seemingly slip though his fingers, if the Leafs have lost confidence in him as their starter and let him walk, which seems to be the way the wind is blowing, he is leaving a good environment for the unknown. I have more confidence in a good situation for Kuemper than I do with Campbell. We'll see, all conjecture at this point.
    While I agree about Kuemper, I don't really think Campbell let an opportunity slip through his fingers. He came to Toronto as a 1B at best and is probably leaving as a 4.5 M goalie, 1A starter. I don't blame him for Toronto losing in the playoffs the last two seasons. If he doesn't resign with Toronto it's because the price is too high.

And while I didn't mention it in my original post since the OP said to choose without knowing where the goalies would end up, these two are close enough where the team makes all the difference in which one you'd choose. If Keumper resigns with Colorado and Campbell signs in NJ then it's Kuemper by a mile.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

I’d pick Campbell given and choice with unknown destinations.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Stud

Kuemper isn't staying in Colorado unless he takes 5 million or less. Sakic may not even offer him that much. he resigned Francouz for 2 years for a reason. The Avs are winning despite kuemper, not because of him. Sakic sees a goalie putting up below average numbers and knows his team can win with an average goalie.

As a 32 year old who just had a career year, I can't see him taking anything less than a hefty raise on his last chance to have a good contract after years as a backup.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G