Thread: Varsho or Kirk

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Varsho or Kirk

12 team keep 10.

I drafted Varsho knowing he would play OF as well and was reaping the rewards early. Then I picked up Kirk because he was on fire and some teams had some pretty awful catchers.

But now Varsho has been struggling and Kirk is still rolling. I don't really want to keep 2 catchers....and no one was biting at my Kirk offers.

Would you try to move Varsho instead?

Last 30 days.

Varsho: 86 AB, 12 R, 2 HR, 8 RBI, 1 SB, .209 avg, .603 OPS

Kirk: 80 AB, 24R, 6 HR, 17 RBI, lol SB, .364, 1.120 OPS

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Varsho or Kirk

Varsho's calling card is his SB. If he's not running, then he doesn't differentiate himself from others. Also, I think that the thought was that Varsho was going to get more playing time than the standard catcher by getting DH and OF. But the ABs, as you list them, show no such extra playing time advantage. Kirk and Varsho will regress negatively and positively.

If no one wants Kirk at cost, then Varsho is your only option. Perhaps try to sell that regression is coming back the other way.

It's been my experience in one catcher leagues that people won't make deals for a catcher unless it is a game changing catcher. You're probably looking at waiving Varsho and taking his and Kirk's temperature again when Kirk starts coming back down to earth.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Varsho's calling card is his SB. If he's not running, then he doesn't differentiate himself from others. Also, I think that the thought was that Varsho was going to get more playing time than the standard catcher by getting DH and OF. But the ABs, as you list them, show no such extra playing time advantage. Kirk and Varsho will regress negatively and positively.

If no one wants Kirk at cost, then Varsho is your only option. Perhaps try to sell that regression is coming back the other way.

It's been my experience in one catcher leagues that people won't make deals for a catcher unless it is a game changing catcher. You're probably looking at waiving Varsho and taking his and Kirk's temperature again when Kirk starts coming back down to earth.
    Ugh. I was afraid you'd say that.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Dealt Kirk for Lance Lynn. I'm happy with that return.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I'm happy with that return.
    Typing these words caused tonight's outing.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Haha frig man
    What a disaster