Thread: Kadri

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Kadri

In Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals, Andrew Cogliano returned from a hand injury. Nazem Kadri however has yet to return from his thumb injury he sustained earlier in the playoffs and received surgery on it. He has not had any problem with skating, but the problem that remains is gripping the stick and shooting the puck.

With the Avalanche winning these games over the Lightning and they currently find themselves 2 games away from winning the Stanley Cup, I don't see them in any hurry to get Kadri back on this ice. As for Kadri, I know he definitely would want to be a part of the team that wins this series and the Stanley Cup. I am not completely sure of the NHL rules on players names going onto the Stanley Cup and if they have to participate in the actual final to have their name on the Cup or their name can still appear on the Cup if they participated in any of the playoff series leading up to the Final as Kadri has done. If someone knows that answer please let me know.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Kadri

I believe you have to play 1 game in the Cup finals and half the regular season, so yea if that’s the case and I’m Kadri I dress in 1 game. I think he will play in at least 1 game, maybe game 4 or 5 especially if Avs are poised to win the Cup.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Stud

Actually I believe that it’s one game in the Cup finals, OR half the regular season games, not both.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Actually I believe that it’s one game in the Cup finals, OR half the regular season games, not both.
    Wasn’t 100% sure about it so thx for the clarification. Either way I still think Kadri wants to play in at least 1 game. Hopefully he gets a shot to do it.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    Wasn’t 100% sure about it so thx for the clarification. Either way I still think Kadri wants to play in at least 1 game. Hopefully he gets a shot to do it.
    I think you are correct and I think if the Avs lose one or both games in Tampa he will play in either game 5 or 6.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by All Hail Cale View Post
    I think you are correct and I think if the Avs lose one or both games in Tampa he will play in either game 5 or 6.
    Just wondering why you think this?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Just wondering why you think this?
    Let me ask you this. If you were a player who has played an entire season and most of the playoffs and your team is on the brink of winning the ultimate prize don't you think he will do absolutely everything possible to get in the game to be a part of that? These guys are the most physical players in any sport other than maybe MMA. He definitely wants to be a part of this and he will tell the doctors probably anything to do so, especially if he sees his team starting to lose games.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Wanting to play to help your squad and playing and hurting your squad has a fine line. I'm sure he's not selfish enough to play just to say he did knowing he could potentially hurt the team.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by All Hail Cale View Post
    Let me ask you this. If you were a player who has played an entire season and most of the playoffs and your team is on the brink of winning the ultimate prize don't you think he will do absolutely everything possible to get in the game to be a part of that? These guys are the most physical players in any sport other than maybe MMA. He definitely wants to be a part of this and he will tell the doctors probably anything to do so, especially if he sees his team starting to lose games.
    I would listen to the team physician and do what I’m told. As professional players do.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Whether he wants to play and whether he's capable of playing are two different things. Everyone wants to play and if he could, he'd already be out there. There's a reason he's not playing.

As for his name on the Cup, as of 2015, the requirements to get your name on the cup if your team wins are that a player must play 41 games or one game in the Stanley Cup finals. If Colorado wins, he will get his name on the Cup no matter if he plays in the finals or not.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I also wonder how much the team will give a bit on allowing him to play a 4th line role if they got up 3-0 in the series. Being up 2-1, knowing Tampa, I think that nice move is completely off the table now even if they go up 3-1.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Genius

Wow, didn’t expect Kadri to play in such an important game, thought maybe if the Avs went up 3-1 but this is surprising. But if you can play and not hurt the team then it must be exciting for him to play in the finals.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Star

This feels like Stamkos' 3 minutes in the 2019-2020 final. Get in there to see if it can be done and perhaps provide an emotional lift.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    This feels like Stamkos' 3 minutes in the 2019-2020 final. Get in there to see if it can be done and perhaps provide an emotional lift.
    Emotional lift indeed. Not only did he come back, play in a crucial game but he scores the winner. Wow.

- Roy Kent