View Poll Results: Which "scoring streak" skaters will have a higher scoring pace in 2022-23 than in 2021-22?

Voters
32. This poll is closed
  • Rasmus Andersson (50 point scoring pace; four seasons)

2 6.25%
  • Tyler Bertuzzi (75 point scoring pace; five seasons)

4 12.50%
  • Pavel Buchnevich (85 point scoring pace; five seasons)

2 6.25%
  • Andrew Copp (60 point scoring pace; six seasons)

6 18.75%
  • Noah Dobson (52 point scoring pace; only been in the league for three seasons)

19 59.38%
  • Anthony Duclair (64 point scoring pace; five seasons)

1 3.13%
  • Aaron Ekblad (77 point scoring pace; three seasons)

8 25.00%
  • Joel Eriksson Ek (53 point scoring pace; four seasons)

5 15.63%
  • Adam Fox (78 point scoring pace; only been in the league for three seasons)

5 15.63%
  • Jack Hughes (94 point scoring pace; only been in the league for three seasons)

16 50.00%
  • Adrian Kempe (57 point scoring pace; three seasons)

9 28.13%
  • Jordan Kyrou (83 point scoring pace; three seasons)

7 21.88%
  • Cale Makar (92 point scoring pace; only been in the league for three seasons)

11 34.38%
  • Andrew Mangiapane (55 point scoring pace; four seasons)

8 25.00%
  • Auston Matthews (119 point scoring pace; five seasons)

2 6.25%
  • Josh Norris (68 point scoring pace; only been in the league for three seasons)

23 71.88%
  • Jason Robertson (88 point scoring pace; only been in the league for three seasons)

9 28.13%
  • Chandler Stephenson (66 point scoring pace; three seasons)

3 9.38%
  • Nick Suzuki (61 point scoring pace; only been in the league for three seasons)

23 71.88%
  • Devon Toews (71 point scoring pace; three seasons)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Sustainable Scoring Streaks?

The Magnificent One

Default ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Sustainable Scoring Streaks?

A while back there were some trivia questions posted here in the forums and I happened to know, from researching my columns, that two particular players were the only NHLers who'd played six or more seasons and seen both their points per game and SOG increase every season. I made a mental note at that time to try and shape a poll around the idea of scoring streaks......and now the time has come to do so!

I've selected 20 players who meet one of two criteria - (1) they've been in the league four or more seasons and seen their scoring pace (i.e., their 82 game pace, not necessarily their actual point total) increase for at least the last three seasons, or (2) they've been in the league for only three seasons but have seen their scoring pace improve in each one thus far. I'd have preferred to go with only players from group #1, but there simply weren't enough of them.

VOTING
    You should vote for any players you believe will score at a higher rate in 2022-23 than they did in 2021-22, thus continuing their "streak." What that means is you could conceivably vote for all, some, or none of the players. It's entirely up to you. I've listed each player alphabetically with their 2021-22 scoring rate, plus either the number of consecutive seasons they've seen their scoring rate increase or whether they're one of the players who's only been in the league three seasons and seen increases in each one.

As usual, it would be great if you posted in this thread who you voted for and why, to provide added perspective.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Magnificent One

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Sustainable Scoring Streaks?

My votes went to:

Bertuzzi - I'm not going to bet against him since he's never failed to improve since he entered the league and he still has room for organic gains
    Dobson - he was scorching in the second half, and that was with Trotz still coach
    Hughes - what we saw from him before his injury shows he's a 100+ point guy for the foreseeable future
    Makar - he's superhuman
    Norris - Ottawa is going to be very, very good this season, and Norris will be a big part of it
    Robertson - he did this under Rick Bowness, who was stingy with ice time; for a new coach, he should explode
    Suzuki - He was a point per gamer under St. Louis, and there's no reason to think that can't continue
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Dobson, Hughes, Kempe, Makar, and Norris for me. The others either have team issues, or have maxed out their upside.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

I only voted for Copp and Norris. I think Copp walks into the 2C role in NY and the Rangers let Strome walk. He's got more to give. Norris is only going to get better as the team around him gets better.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Hughes, Kempe, Norris and Suzuki got my votes.

Could see all 4 outproduce moving forward.

In hindsight, after reading others' thoughts, I likely should have voted for Makar too. Would probably have thrown Dobson some love too if I remembered the coaching change.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Monster

I only took Suzuki. I think scoring drops around the league next season and young breakouts will be the main place of points growth off last year.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Dobson, Hughes, Kempe, Makar, and Norris for me. The others either have team issues, or have maxed out their upside.
    Also added Suzuki when I actually remembered to put in the votes - your writeup on him had me convinced Roos. Curious what everyone else has to say after reading the article on Wednesday.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

I feel like the guys with the lower scoring paces are more likely to exceed them next season. So Dobson, Kempe, Mangiapane, and Suzuki for me.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Icon

So Dobson Norris and Suzuki for me. I’m quite biased.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    So Dobson Norris and Suzuki for me. I’m quite biased.
    Nothing wrong with voting with your heart, especially when they're logical picks and it looks like most agree with you.