Thread: Best guide for 2021/22 season

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Best guide for 2021/22 season

Hello poolers,

Want to know which hockey pool list of projections was best for a one-year, straight points-only draft in the 2021-22 season?
    I did, so I went and ran 40+ different guides, draft kits, cheat sheets and projection lists through more than 31.9 million draft simulations to find out.

If you are interested and want to find out how your favourite one did, you can check out my YouTube videos to see the results of my five tests/measurements:

- I run several 9-owner battles where each guide drafts in every possible draft order, to whittle 36 guides down to a final set of 9. YouTube video

- I run several 8-owner battles where each guide drafts in every possible draft order, to whittle 36 guides down to a final set of 8. Original video / corrected video

- I run seven single run drafts that are to test for very long drafts, either by the number of players drafted per team or by having many owners participate. Results video

- I evaluate how close to perfection each of the guides gets to at different drafted player ranges.

- And, I put 32 into a box-style pool to see which one would win when everyone had to choose from the same set of options. Admittedly, this is the weakest of the tests

So, how did your favourite do?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Best guide for 2021/22 season

It’s the Dobber Hockey’s 2022 Fantasy Prospects Report; enough said!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I think you meant to say DobberHockey's Fantasy Guide instead of the Fantasy Prospects Report.

Watch the videos and see the results

Dobber Sports Giant

Yes; guide isn’t out yet so just plugging the prospect one for this year
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay