Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nazar REP

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Nazar REP

Each evaluator gets to have their own opinion, too. The author of the prospect guide section for the NHL Draft puts Nazar's comparable as Marner, which is very high praise. It may be that the 3 year projection springs from the comparable, and not the other way around. If your starting points are that

Shane Wright = Bergeron
    Logan Cooley = Zegras
    Slafkovsky = Kakko
    Nazar = Marner
    Kemell = A. Kempe

Then of course you're going to give Nazar the higher 3 year projection, Marner is clearly a greater scorer (as of today) than the others. Perhaps Nazar, at his 99% of probable outcomes, becomes another Mitch Marner. And perhaps the comps are just for playing style/size, etc and not necessarily a one-for-one extrapolation. Like anything, take what is being given and then give it another round of critical thinking and comparison to other sources. This gets you started.

Compare it too to other writers in the Prospects Report. The Top 50 Skaters: Prospects 2022 puts Slafkovsky at #6 among skaters who haven't made the NHL yet (With Dobber himself putting him at #1!!!!). If Kakko really was the comparable to Slafkovsky, people would be nuts to touch him.

Look too at the Top 50 Skaters: Consensus Breakdown where each writer ranked their not-in-the-NHL skaters. The author of the Nazar=Marner comp puts Nazar at #1, the best player in the world who has yet to play an NHL game!! Compare that to the other 9 writers' thoughts on Nazar. The author LOVES Nazar. Maybe he's right? But look to other sources, even within the Report, before writing in stone that the Report says "Player X is going to produce Y."

Another perspective! This one from Dobber HOFer Cam Robinson and the boys at Elite Prospects.
    FVUXn8UVUAA3nJf.jpg
    https://twitter.com/Hockey_Robinson/...60901823893504

They also love Nazar and give him the "highest ceiling" among all draftees.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Nazar is also a January (14th) birthday... and those guys have a track history of doing quite well in U-##/International Play.
    The January birthday stuff disappears a bit as soon as guys get out of U-## play.

Again - for me, the big issue is whether he will be used as a center or wing in the NHL.
    I just don't see him putting up 70pts any time in his first 5 years if he is used as an NHL-Center.

If somebody could 100% assure that he's going to be a wing only... I'm interested.
    Somebody can only call him "Marner"-ish, if he's going to be a winger.

Even Brayden Point, fine.
    But Point is 26 years old and he's only surpassed point-per-game once (age 22/23 with the magical 92pts in 79gp on 21% shooting and 35ppp).

Point is a fine, fine player... who ended up in a great situation (TB).
    Meanwhile, maybe Wright becomes "Sam Reinhart" - a good player that got stuck in a bad situation (BUF) for his first 6 years.
    Put him in a good situation (FLA) and he does 82pts in 78gp.

The difference here is that whoever goes to MON and NJ is going to have some elite talent... and shouldn't end up life Reinhart.
    And we don't know where Nazar ends up... but I don't really love any of the teams drafting 6-15 (6.CBJ, 7.OTT, 8.DET, 9.BUF, 10.ANA, 11.SJ, 12.CBJ, 13.NYI, 14.WPG, 15.VAN, 16.BUF).

So again... which of those teams does Nazar end up on and outperform Wright-MON/NJ or Slaf-MON/NJ or Cooley-if MON/NJ.
    Just... go through the whole scenario.

It's one thing for anybody to ga-ga over a singular player.
    It's another to realistically start thinking about where that player will be drafted and how he'll be used.

So... when people go nutty over Nazar... I'd like to hear whether he's going to be a C or W and who he might play with.
    Start putting some jerseys on him and tell me then what situations you like him more than Wright-MON/NJ or Slaf-MON/NJ.

That's something I have time to listen to.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I suggest doing research and watching videos on all guys you consider …basing your selection on Doberman guide paragraph is bad idea…

I have 9 forwards and 11 players ahead of nazar
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Novice

I am going to just put it to you bluntly and say No to Nazar at the #1 position. You just might be able to snag him in the 2nd round if all the chips fall to you correctly so wait and see if that happens. Nazar in the 2nd round would be a fantastic selection.

As for the 1st pick overall you have to go with either Wright or Slafkovsky. I would lean towards Wright.

If things work out and you end up with both Wright and Nazar as your first two selections you are looking like a genius. Not so much if you pick Nazar as the #1 pick overall.

Dobber Sports Ace

I’m no longer considering him, no worries.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk