Thread: Bellinger

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Bellinger

Is it over?? Strikeout rate has increased from 19.7 to 29.8 to now 32.5% since his MVP season.

I am still hanging on in a 12 team league where I have been in 1st most of the year but I keep on passing up on these decent waiver options like Lane Thomas, Jake Burger and MJ Melendez. Even someone like Adam Duvall has been on a recent run.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Bellinger

Wave bye.

Shoulder issues, tweaking a swing too much, his frame...guys toast I think.

Why I say his frame, he's a really thin guy, and I think the injuries will just keep happening and he could go the way of Bryant soon too.

His last 200games he has like a 0.198avg. Don't waste your time hoping anymore.

He has done pretty well walking in his last 20 games (like 10 walks), but he's not hitting enough power for me to even out that avg during that time (0.215avg, 0.354slg). He's hitting far down the lineup (7th) and needs to jump into the top 5 to make it worth while really and he won't beat out Mookie, Freeman, or Turner. So he's got to do better than Muncy, Smith, and Turner. I dunno if he can jump into those roles anytime soon.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Wave bye.

Shoulder issues, tweaking a swing too much, his frame...guys toast I think.

Why I say his frame, he's a really thin guy, and I think the injuries will just keep happening and he could go the way of Bryant soon too.

His last 200games he has like a 0.198avg. Don't waste your time hoping anymore.

He has done pretty well walking in his last 20 games (like 10 walks), but he's not hitting enough power for me to even out that avg during that time (0.215avg, 0.354slg)
    I posted this actually forgetting I owned him in the Dobber league. That's how irrelevant he's been.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I posted this actually forgetting I owned him in the Dobber league. That's how irrelevant he's been.
    Dropped in 2 leagues.

Right after drafting him, EB and I discussed an Ozuna for Bellinger trade.....I guess Ozuna hasn't been amazing but he's still been better than Cody.

Dobber Sports Titan

Its crazy how that 2019 yrs MVPs have fallen off a cliff (Bellinger/Yelich), and Bellinger is still just 26 so wtf happened (shoulder injuries and I think he over tweaked his swing)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Dropped in 2 leagues.

Right after drafting him, EB and I discussed an Ozuna for Bellinger trade.....I guess Ozuna hasn't been amazing but he's still been better than Cody.
    Yeah, on the season they're actually not far off, but Ozuna's production has been all or nothing, so at least when he cools off I know when to bench him.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)