Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: #1, You are on the clock….

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: #1, You are on the clock….

MTL will take Wright. This "will they won't they" happens every year. No team has the gull to go and not draft Wright #1. I rather be wrong on Wright who's been the projected #1 for like 3yrs than take the chance on someone else.

And you should take Wright too. If he bombs his first yr, his name value would hold more value than the other guys if they bomb as well.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Lets be honest, at this point, they are all crapshoots but I feel the floor for Wright is higher and safer than most others in this draft, and the ceiling that everyone hopes comes to fruition with these other prospects is the gamble.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    MTL will take Wright. This "will they won't they" happens every year. No team has the gull to go and not draft Wright #1. I rather be wrong on Wright who's been the projected #1 for like 3yrs than take the chance on someone else.

And you should take Wright too. If he bombs his first yr, his name value would hold more value than the other guys if they bomb as well.
    The exception being Nolan Patrick... he was seen as the presumptive #1 for a long time, and only started to move down to #2 on some lists closer to the draft. And even then, looking back at old projection lists, he's tops on more than Hischier. It definitely worked for NJ to go against the grain with that one!

That said, I think Wright will be Montreal's pick, and he's my pick this year (in the one league I have top overall).
    I think there's a good chance the best player doesn't go first, but it could be Nemec, Slaf, Cooley, Yurov, or a few others....
    I don't think Wright ends up being a disaster, so he's the one to take.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    The exception being Nolan Patrick... he was seen as the presumptive #1 for a long time, and only started to move down to #2 on some lists closer to the draft. And even then, looking back at old projection lists, he's tops on more than Hischier. It definitely worked for NJ to go against the grain with that one!

That said, I think Wright will be Montreal's pick, and he's my pick this year (in the one league I have top overall).
    I think there's a good chance the best player doesn't go first, but it could be Nemec, Slaf, Cooley, Yurov, or a few others....
    I don't think Wright ends up being a disaster, so he's the one to take.
    Ya it's a different draft pedigree when the #1/2 picks are tops a 2nd liner projection vs Wright.

But every draft where the #1 pick was projected #1 for more than 2yrs, 2 months before the draft rumours come out that the guy going #2 might go #1. Every. Year lol. Lafreniere/Byfield, Dahlin/everyone else, Matthews/Laine, McDavid/Eichel, Ekblad/Reinhart, Hall/Seguin (I think)

It happens all the time and it's media driven.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Reminds me of Matthews and Laine. And taking the C was the correct choice.