Poll: Avs vs TB

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Final: Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Stanley Cup Final: Colorado Avalanche vs Tampa Bay Lightning

Can't come in after they're up 2-0 in the series and make that statement and call it bold lol

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Can't come in after they're up 2-0 in the series and make that statement and call it bold lol
    Being an Avs fan, I picked them to sweep every series and hell it almost happened because I believe that my team is superior to the other teams in the league. Now is that realistic, not at all. But that is what I did because I am a huge fan of the Avs. Still believe they could easily do it, but also believe that Tampa Bay is a strong team and is certainly not giving up and will fight to end.

Dobber Sports Monster

I want to see how the Avs play in enemy territory. The Bolts will be much better in Tampa. But if the Avs squeak out a win in either of game then it's over. I've seen this rope-a-dope from Tampa too many times to say they're done. They might be, but if there's a team that I won't count out it's these guys.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I want to see how the Avs play in enemy territory. The Bolts will be much better in Tampa. But if the Avs squeak out a win in either of game then it's over. I've seen this rope-a-dope from Tampa too many times to say they're done. They might be, but if there's a team that I won't count out it's these guys.
    I think the key here is the speed of the Avs. It doesn't matter what ice surface the teams are playing on. If one team cannot keep up with the other team and if the other team is always right on top of them when they have the puck because of speed they can't do much about that.

Teams can somewhat compensate for physical play, but if one team has more speed than the other it is hard to compensate for that no matter what city they are playing in.

Grant it I do think the crown being loud for Tampa will help a little and I don't believe it will be a blowout like game 2 , but from the looks of it the Lightning are over matched.

Dobber Sports Novice

The difference I have noticed within this game tonight compared to the previous two contests is the shots on goal are pretty even. The Lightning have also had more of a presence in their offensive zone giving them quality chances on the net. This also has taken some of the speed away from the Avs game and they are not exploding all over the place in their offensive zone.

Dobber Sports All-Star

The Bolts need to just keep driving to the net and shoot as much times as they can. Any sustained pressure on Kuemper could pay off big.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by All Hail Cale View Post
    The difference I have noticed within this game tonight compared to the previous two contests is the shots on goal are pretty even. The Lightning have also had more of a presence in their offensive zone giving them quality chances on the net. This also has taken some of the speed away from the Avs game and they are not exploding all over the place in their offensive zone.
    The difference I have noted is the Avs are getting their ass kicked.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    The difference I have noted is the Avs are getting their ass kicked.
    That is a good observation.

In Game 4 the Avs are going to have to get back to putting on the pressure on every puck when Tampa is on offense. They have the speed to get right up on them like they did in Games 1 and 2, they just have to do it.

Tampa were much more effective because they had more time to get quality shots off and get shots on the net. You can see that with the shots being way more even in this game and Tampa has way more shots on the net then they did in Game 2.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Unconverted touchdown, lol!?

Dobber Sports Veteran

The difference in this game was Tampa's ability to have clean breakouts out of their own zone. Avs' D weren't pinching as much because the Bolts were successful in getting to the hashes and not cheating up near the blueline where Avs defenders could easily step up and hold the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Unconverted touchdown, lol!?
    Unsuccessful extra point!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    The difference in this game was Tampa's ability to have clean breakouts out of their own zone. Avs' D weren't pinching as much because the Bolts were successful in getting to the hashes and not cheating up near the blueline where Avs defenders could easily step up and hold the zone.

Unsuccessful extra point!
    They went for 2...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Immortal

Woohoo we have a series!!

Dobber Sports Titan

If Don Cherry was still on the air he'd be saying "that's why you don't run the score up" in regards to Game 2. I hated Cherry's takes near the end, but that's one that will always be true. It's a scary thought when you run the score up on a vet, talented team like Tampa. And it's not like Colorado was trying to run the score up, it just happened.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Woohoo we have a series!!
    Yes now it will be very interesting to see how both teams play in game 4. Avs can't let them off the hook again like NYR and TOR did. It's gotta be Mortal Kombat syle..Finish them!!
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    If Don Cherry was still on the air he'd be saying "that's why you don't run the score up" in regards to Game 2. I hated Cherry's takes near the end, but that's one that will always be true. It's a scary thought when you run the score up on a vet, talented team like Tampa. And it's not like Colorado was trying to run the score up, it just happened.
    This is antiquated, old school dinosaur thinking. I don't even agree with the logic that it necessarily incites the other team... it can cut both ways. Sometimes when you destroy a team you steal their soul for the rest of the series. Also good confidence building for your 2nd and 3rd liners who don't get as much ice time.

Most importantly no lead is safe - we've seen some crazy runs this post season (especially in the EDM series) - why let your foot off the gas and open that window.

Anyway, we knew TB would respond. I don't think anyone figured they'd roll over and get swept in the finals. We got ourselves a series.

This is the first Finals I've actually watched and been engaged in for a long long time. Usually I stop watching after the first round (when the Leafs are eliminated).