Thread: Evan Bouchard

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Evan Bouchard

I picked up Bouchard a couple of seasons ago with the expectation that he would be a mainstay on my keeper roster for years to come. His development hasn't exactly gone as I'd hoped, especially since Tippet was fired and Woodcroft reduced Bouchard's role (not without justification). A lot was made during the Colorado series about how the Avs weren't respecting Barrie's shot and that the Oilers needed to use Bouchard on as the PP1 quarterback and we did see some of that, on top of which, there's talk that the Oilers will need to trade Barrie this offseason to try and free up cap space if they want to resign Kane and/or improve their goaltending situation. All of this suggests that Bouchard should be able to take a big jump in 2022-23.

But after reading the latest ramblings article from Dobber, I'm wondering if it isn't actually time to look at selling Bouchard. There's no guarantee that the Oilers find someone willing to meet their price for the one-dimensional Barrie and with Kulak and Russell both UFAs, it seems all-but guaranteed that Philip Broberg will make the team and potentially challenge Bouchard for PP time.

How do we view Bouchard's value moving forward? Is Broberg going to be a serious threat to Bouchard's PP role? Am I stupid to even be thinking about trading him away?
    12-Team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (Salary cap for keepers only)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1 UTIL, 2G (6 BN, 6 IR+, 1 NA)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - S. Aho, M. Beniers, S. Crosby, B. Jenner, L. Stankoven
    LW - C. Caufield, J. Hughes, T. Moore, J. Slafkovsky, O. Tippett
    RW - D. Batherson, C. Keller, A. Lafreniere, S. Reinhart
    D - E. Bouchard, B. Dillon, M. Roy, M. Seider, C. York
    G - J. Binnington, J. Saros, J. Swayman

IR+: T. Demko, T. Hertl, K. Johnson, G. Landeskog, J. Trouba
    NA: B. Othmann

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Evan Bouchard

He had 43 points in his first full season with only 7 of those coming on the powerplay. He was 28 in the NHL in dmen scoring last season with only 1 guy ahead of him having less powerplay points. His value is only going to go up from here as the Oilers need cap space so Barrie should be moved. There is no chance that Broberg takes any PP time away from Bouchard.

You are indeed crazy to be selling on Bouchard right now.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing Puck View Post
    I picked up Bouchard a couple of seasons ago with the expectation that he would be a mainstay on my keeper roster for years to come. His development hasn't exactly gone as I'd hoped, especially since Tippet was fired and Woodcroft reduced Bouchard's role (not without justification). A lot was made during the Colorado series about how the Avs weren't respecting Barrie's shot and that the Oilers needed to use Bouchard on as the PP1 quarterback and we did see some of that, on top of which, there's talk that the Oilers will need to trade Barrie this offseason to try and free up cap space if they want to resign Kane and/or improve their goaltending situation. All of this suggests that Bouchard should be able to take a big jump in 2022-23.

But after reading the latest ramblings article from Dobber, I'm wondering if it isn't actually time to look at selling Bouchard. There's no guarantee that the Oilers find someone willing to meet their price for the one-dimensional Barrie and with Kulak and Russell both UFAs, it seems all-but guaranteed that Philip Broberg will make the team and potentially challenge Bouchard for PP time.

How do we view Bouchard's value moving forward? Is Broberg going to be a serious threat to Bouchard's PP role? Am I stupid to even be thinking about trading him away?
    Do not move Bouchard! Young D usually take longer to hit their stride than forwards. I believe he’ll be a 60+ point guy in the near future.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    He had 43 points in his first full season with only 7 of those coming on the powerplay. He was 28 in the NHL in dmen scoring last season with only 1 guy ahead of him having less powerplay points. His value is only going to go up from here as the Oilers need cap space so Barrie should be moved. There is no chance that Broberg takes any PP time away from Bouchard.

You are indeed crazy to be selling on Bouchard right now.
    This is right on target!
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Unless you get an offer you can't refuse, keep Bouchard.

I wouldn't be surprised if Barrie is traded during the offseason to clear cap space. If that happens, Bouchard is going to get those sweet PP1 minutes with McDrai, and then sky is the limit. Now is the absolute worst time to trade him IMO.

Broberg is indeed a d-man with great offensive abilities, especially a great skater, but he wasn't really impressive in his short stint with the Oilers this season. I'd also be surprised if the Oilers gave him the Ferrari's keys right away, since he hasn't proved anything yet. Good luck!
    11 teams keeper league. Points only.
    We start 12 F + 6 D + 2 G.
    Protect 11 skaters or 10 skaters + 1 goalie each season.
    Goalies : 2 pts for a W, 3 pts for a SO + 1 pt for an OTL.

Roster for 2023-24.
    F : Bedard, Stützle, Bratt, Boldy, Benn, Byfield, Perfetti, Kuznetsov, Kempe, Stephenson, Seguin, Danault
    D : Q. Hughes, Seider, Hutson, Harley, Durzi, DeAngelo
    G : Sorokin, Kochetkov
    Bench : Larkin, Stone, Hayton, Sergachev, Korpisalo

Dobber Sports All-Star

Bouchard is going to take over the PP1 and when he does it’s to the moon with his stats. I can see him easily hitting 60 points consistently for the next 5-7 years at the very least. No threat whatsoever from Broberg or anybody else for that matter. Keep Bouchard.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Initiate

Broberg is honestly not that good
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Stay put with Bouchard as all he is going to do is improve.

Dobber Sports Ace

Stay patient with him.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I’ll be another that echos what Chuck said. Bouchard has developed wonderfully and Broberg is a slim to none chance on changing that trajectory.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Unless you get a great offer, hold onto Bouchard.

Dobber Sports Novice

Not all D-Men come into the league like a Cale Makar , Moritz Seider, or Quinn Hughes. They seem to take a little longer to develop. I would easily stick with Bouchard and you will see the benefits of 50 to 60 point seasons in the near future.