Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bruins Fire Cassidy

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Bruins Fire Cassidy

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Adding to the rumour mill.

A buddy who follows the B's closely said the rumour for the reason Krejci retired was because of Cassidy, and that Bergeron was considering doing the same. Maybe if your stars are considering retirement because of the coach, the easiest thing to do is move on from the coach...
    The flip side to that rumor is that if Pastnak, who is certainly a star, and more of one than Krejci was, is unhappy he's been fired, that's a bigger issue. There's probably some dynamic here we don't see, but it's very, very doubtful the Bruins nab an upgrade at coach. They can probably get a different guy who is as good, like Trotz, but there aren't many upgrades there. Could the new guy do better? SUre, but that doesn't mean they are a markedly better coach.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

Bruins will end up promoting their Providence Head Coach. Guys been there 11yrs, and the team said they are unlikely to look in the coaching carrousel to get a new coach.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Icon

Pastas agent had this to say:

"I spoke with Don and David this morning and we don't know where this report emanated from," Barry said. "We both have a solid relationship with Don and the plan hasn't changed one bit. We will sit down in July and begin extension negotiations."
    Although I wouldn’t expect any different no matter what the true feelings are.

Dobber Sports Icon

I doubt any player would be talking to reporters the day after his coach gets fired to say, I am so happy he's gone. It's a bad look for anyone. Who knows what the players or Sweeney is actually thinking. Cassidy was told at his exit meeting that his job is safe and then he was fired a few weeks later. It would be interesting to know if he had his exit meeting before or after the players. If it was before, then we can probably assume that the players wanted a new coach.

Dobber Sports Rookie

This is a head scratcher to me. Even if the team is going to go into retool or rebuild mode trying to replace a coach of the caliber of Cassidy is going to be extremely difficult. I see the Bruins hiring a few coaches in the next several years after this.