Thread: All Fantasy Commissioners Unite - We all Take Heat

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default All Fantasy Commissioners Unite - We all Take Heat

To all my fellow fantasy commissioners, of any sport, just know that you could be one of the greatest athletes of all time but that would not protect you from complaints from league members....

This story is hilarious to me, all these baseball players are making millions of dollars a year but one insists on dragging his commissioner, generational player Mike Trout, for the decisions made as commissioner.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/t...-joc-pederson/

"Trout's the worst commissioner in fantasy sports. Because he allowed a lot of s--t to go on and he could've solved it all. Nobody wanted to be commissioner, I didn't want to be the f---ing commissioner. I've got other s--t to do. He didn't want to do it; we put it on him. It was kind of our fault too, because we made him commissioner."
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: All Fantasy Commissioners Unite - We all Take Heat

This is why no one wants to be commissioner.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I've found that money changes people, and money leagues are worse than free leagues. Notably, it's really hard to get mad about payouts in free leagues, or worse, freeze/steal money.

Having had to step in as a commish when the two people in charge couldn't get along in a work league where most people were accounting staff and there was financial impropriety in the league from the league treasurer, it's just so much worse in money leagues. I can only imagine how bad it would be in a league with millionaires.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Tommy Pham sounds like a big loser.

Dobber Sports Veteran

The past couple seasons have been rough with all the pandemic stuff too.

Cheers to all the commishes out there!

Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm with a group of 8 guys who all participate in the same leagues for MLB, NFL and NHL fantasy (with others in to fill out the league). But it's the same 2 guys complaining this yr about rules that were put in during the COVID yrs but forgotten to be adjusted for this yr, but never brought it up pre-season when asked by the commish "are the rules alright as set?".

Commish is a roll where if you're doing it well, no one mentions you. When there's a small error, you're racked against the coals. It's a tough job and I hate it doing it lol. All the love to the commish's out there.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Star

I've been a commish for a loooong time, and it's not so bad, provided that you have the following rules in the constitution (for keeper leagues):

1. Don't f*ck around. Seriously, follow the damn rules, and if you want clarification, just ask. If you're playing at the boundaries of the rules don't be catholic about it, ask first.
    2. Any rule changes will take place the season after the vote. So if we make a rule change this offseason, it won't change until the year after the coming season.
    3. The "spirit" of the rules are laid out in detail. The commish will manage to the spirit, not the letter. In the case of ambiguity, see rule 1.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I'm with a group of 8 guys who all participate in the same leagues for MLB, NFL and NHL fantasy (with others in to fill out the league). But it's the same 2 guys complaining this yr about rules that were put in during the COVID yrs but forgotten to be adjusted for this yr, but never brought it up pre-season when asked by the commish "are the rules alright as set?".

Commish is a roll where if you're doing it well, no one mentions you. When there's a small error, you're racked against the coals. It's a tough job and I hate it doing it lol. All the love to the commish's out there.
    Alot like a NHL goalie hahahaha

Im commish in a good chunk of my leagues and I run a tight ship with clear rules and consequences. its not for everyone, to say the least. You have to be willing to exert your authority when you are in the right even if only for something minor. You also have to be reasonably impartial for disputes especially against friends. im sure we've all had situations where a friend is like 'bro, i cant believe you went against me!' when he clearly is in the wrong. if that manager is unable to separate the friendship dynamic with the commissioner dynamic there will be headaches involving that manager sooner rather than later
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.