Thread: Any way to make yourself invisible to a user

Dobber Sports Star

Default Any way to make yourself invisible to a user

Hey all. So I try to get along well and respect people on this site. There are a couple posters who just post to stir shit and be controversial. I know that I can block them which will allow me to not see their posts. Is there a way to make it so they can't see my posts? I just hate them alway quoting me and twisting my words and just trying to get a reaction. I imagine there is no way to do this? If that's the case, I probably just need to ignore them when they do their stupid shit and wait for them to get banned lol.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Any way to make yourself invisible to a user

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Hey all. So I try to get along well and respect people on this site. There are a couple posters who just post to stir shit and be controversial. I know that I can block them which will allow me to not see their posts. Is there a way to make it so they can't see my posts? I just hate them alway quoting me and twisting my words and just trying to get a reaction. I imagine there is no way to do this? If that's the case, I probably just need to ignore them when they do their stupid shit and wait for them to get banned lol.

Rylant
    No, but you can keep giving me negative reps!

Dobber Sports Sage

Rylant
    I wish there was. I suspect I'd want to hide the same posters you want to. Overall, I find it best not to engage with posters you don't care for. Another suggestion- don't participate in anything controversial. I used to argue with people, mostly on other sites, all the time until I came to several realizations. #1 I don't really enjoy arguing/debating about topics. Engaging in the threads often made me anxious and brought out the worst side of me. After several years of doing this I realized how I enjoyed forums more when I didn't argue with others. #2 Rarely do people ever win internet arguments. It's a huge waste of time. You just get upset, fixate on a thread, and end up with very little reward. #3 Most people are so entrenched in their position that you're not going to change their minds. I still read some of the threads on here where people go back and forth and I agree with you on most topics but you see I don't really get involved in the conversation. I might throw a comment out there every once in a while but often times I never even go back and read the replies. I'd much rather spend my free time reading about sports or fishing or some random fluff than arguing about gun control or abortion or Covid ect. ect. ect.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Rylant
    Block and don't engage is the only way.

Dobber Sports Genius

Hey all. So I try to get along well and respect people on this site. There are a couple posters who just post to stir shit and be controversial.

Rylant
    Hope you can read this. Those damn internet rebel trolls. Seem to pop up everywhere. But it is best to just ignore.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Sage

"Any way to make yourself invisible to a user?"

Change your username to John Cena.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Stud

Rylant
    Dont let them get to you.. dont engage with negative rep, that is playing right into their game.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Master

I mean if going back and forth on sensitive topics in the lounge sub-forum is getting to you then maybe stick to hockey topics .

Theres no middle ground these days so just avoid the confrontation in the first place

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I mean if going back and forth on sensitive topics in the lounge sub-forum is getting to you then maybe stick to hockey topics .

Theres no middle ground these days so just avoid the confrontation in the first place
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."