Thread: Should I add 1 more Avalanche or Oiler forward

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Should I add 1 more Avalanche or Oiler forward

OOPS, my bad. This is NOT for the pool rules in sig.
    It's a non draft pool and we get 14 moves after a player has been eliminated. Points are Skaters G-1, A-1 and Goalie W-2 plus 1 for shut out.
    Currently I have 6 Avs and 3 Oil. Avs are Mac, Landy, Rantanen, Kadri, Makar (we have to have at least 1 Dman) and Avs Goalies. Oil are McD, Leon and Kane.
    Who would you want, another Av (Nichuskin 7-10, Lehtonen 5-10) or Oiler (Hyman 12-12, RNH 11-12).
    I guess this pretty much depends on who you think is winning this round and going to the Stanley game. I like the Avs so Nichuskin looks like a good long term pick and hopefully won't cause me to use a move if they were eliminated.
    Hope you can help. Appreciate hearing your thoughts on this. I'm currently in first but that can change in a hearbeat. Thanks guys. Will rep who I can. Have to do my transaction before 8pm CST.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Should I add 1 more Avalanche or Oiler forward

Flip a coin on Nuke or Lehkonen. Both have a had time on the top line during the playoffs with MacKinnon & Landeskog, with Lehkonen being up there most recently.

The other being on the 2nd line with Rantanen & Kadri is nothing to overlook either, but at the end of the day things change from shift to shift so you're probably 1-2 points one way or the other depending on who you go with.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Should I add 1 more Avalanche or Oiler forward

Given that you are in first it makes sense to make the safer pick in an attempt to protect your lead. Avs are the favourite so pick one of them.
    Also, you are heavily invested in the Avs already so seems like an all-in bet on them is the smart (and only?) play. I like Nichuskin slightly over Lehtonen.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR