Poll: Avs vs Oilers

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Conference Final: Colorado Avalanche vs Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Western Conference Final: Colorado Avalanche vs Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    It’s literally no different than dumping the puck in with a team mate in the zone.
    Why do you post here? Is it your intent to troll on every single one of your f**king posts? Mission accomplished, bud. Keep up the great work.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Veteran

He didn’t touch the puck in the zone before the player who was offside touched up. I’m not sure how else to explain this basic rule lol

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by joeb323 View Post
    It’s 100% completely different. Makar had possession of the puck and carried it into the zone. Horrible call by the refs
    The refs? If you think it's the refs that made the call then you really don't know how any of this works.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Why do you post here? Is it your intent to troll on every single one of your f**king posts? Mission accomplished, bud. Keep up the great work.

Rylant
    someone clearly had to explain basic hockey rules to you. How is any of what I said trolling? Lmao

Dobber Sports Padawan

I would buy the argument that Nichushkin being offside had no impact on the outcome of the play. That’s fair.

But there’s absolutely no way anyone will convince me watching that play that Makar was not in full possession and control of that puck entering the zone while Nichushkin was offside

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    No, he has to have control of the puck in the zone. Even if its your contention that he wasn't touching the puck allowing Nichuskin to tag up, I don't see how you rule he doesn't have control.

Rylant
    Can you show me the rule that says this? Because I can't find it. This was not a rush play, this was a DELAYED OFFSIDE. As far as I can tell, possession doesn't have a single thing to do with it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It doesn't matter anyways. Oilers are getting thoroughly outplayed right now.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Cannot believe that offside call.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Avs in 5

Oilers are gonna get smoked. Avs won't let McJesus do what he did to Calgary...
    I'm changing my vote and calling sweep.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Can you show me the rule that says this? Because I can't find it. This was not a rush play, this was a DELAYED OFFSIDE. As far as I can tell, possession doesn't have a single thing to do with it.
    Maybe I am wrong. This is what I found about offside in the NHL rulebook.

Rule 83 – Off-side
    83.1 Off-side - Players of the attacking team must not precede the puck into the attacking zone. The position of the player’s skates and not that of his stick shall be the determining factor in all instances in deciding an off-side. A player is off-side when both skates are completely over the leading edge of the blue line involved in the play.

A player is on-side when either of his skates are in contact with the blue line, or on his own side of the line, at the instant the puck completely crosses the leading edge of the blue line. On his own side of the line shall be defined by a “plane” of the blue line which shall extend from the leading edge of the blue line upwards. If a player’s skate has yet to break the “plane” prior to the puck completely crossing the leading edge, he is deemed to be on-side for the purpose of the off-side rule.

A player actually controlling the puck who shall cross the line ahead of the puck shall not be considered “off-side,” provided he had possession and control of the puck prior to his skates crossing the leading edge of the blue line. If a player legally carries, passes or plays the puck back into his own defending zone while a player of the opposing team is in such
    defending zone, the off-side shall be ignored and play permitted to continue.

So the only thing I see about "control" is a mention of if you go backwards with control its not offside. not much mention of "possession".

Rylant

Dobber Sports Padawan

The only thing I can find online says tag-up or delayed offside is when the attacking team SHOOTS/dumps the puck in. It does not mention a player carrying the puck into the zone. Therefore it’s a pretty clear offside call to me

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by joeb323 View Post
    The only thing I can find online says tag-up or delayed offside is when the attacking team SHOOTS/dumps the puck in. It does not mention a player carrying the puck into the zone. Therefore it’s a pretty clear offside call to me
    Not like you're a biased Oilers fan or anything...

Dobber Sports Padawan

Of course I’m biased, but I have yet to see anyone provide the actual definition of the rule. Makar is not dumping the puck in to re-obtain possession while Nichushkin tags up, he’s carrying it over the blue line with possession it while Nichushkin is in an offside position.

Are people legitimately arguing that there was 1/32nd of a second that the puck left his stick blade as he crossed over the plane of the blue line, means this is a totally reasonable onside call?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I looked around on line and it seems like the fact that Makar didn't touch the puck in the offensive zone until Nichushkin had left the zone is key. The other part is that Makar himself didn't enter the zone until Nichushkin had cleared the zone. Someone noted earlier it is like a touch up offside which I guess it is. I am just a dumb hockey fan but it seems like Woodcroft didn't know the rule either.

Dobber Sports Star

It is a really strange play though which you just don't see. I thought I knew the rules pretty well.

Are people going to intentionally start doing this now?

Rylant