Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawsuit Against Hockey Canada and Canadian Hockey League

The Great One

Default Re: Lawsuit Against Hockey Canada and Canadian Hockey League

What is this link supposed to be for?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    What is this link supposed to be for?
    For those speculating who the players were that were involved. Wasn't Makar

I really hope Mete wasn't involved.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I have less than zero reason or incentive to answer a single question posed by this useless parody account. Extremely revealing (and completely unsurprising) that the useless parody account doesn’t even recognize the mutual exclusivity of the the questions and the original post though.

Broken sport.
    Broken People - Maybe someone should look up the definition mutual exclusivity and really dig deep and think about it.

Why is it broken people and not a broken sport?

Who doesn't love watching Game 7 of playoff hockey?
    Who doesn't love playing a game of pick-up hockey on a Sunday afternoon?
    Who doesn't love playing a game up mini-sticks hockey with the kids?
    Who doesn't love their weekly rec hockey game on Thursday night??

Anyways as for the topic at hand... it does sound like the NHL is conducting its own investigation

https://thehockeynews.com/news/nhl-o...key-canada-chl

In a statement, Hockey Canada said the accused did not speak to the police or Hockey Canada's independent investigator, and the players were not named.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Broken People - Maybe someone should look up the definition mutual exclusivity and really dig deep and think about it.

Why is it broken people and not a broken sport?

Who doesn't love watching Game 7 of playoff hockey?
    Who doesn't love playing a game of pick-up hockey on a Sunday afternoon?
    Who doesn't love playing a game up mini-sticks hockey with the kids?
    Who doesn't love their weekly rec hockey game on Thursday night??

Anyways as for the topic at hand... it does sound like the NHL is conducting its own investigation

https://thehockeynews.com/news/nhl-o...key-canada-chl
    I would imagine people like this woman, and Kyle Beach, and the hundreds of other people who have been abused and reported it to the property authorities only to see it covered it up and swept away, who have been failed by the sport at all levels, do not enjoy those things. Broken sport. And that's before we even start considering all the BIPOC and LGBQT+ people who have been driven away by the toxicity general hockey culture elicits. Just look at what St. Louis fans were saying to Kadri. People want to pretend like that shit is the exception, but it's simply not. That is common all through the sport, at every single level.

I would imagine people like this woman, and Kyle Beach, and the hundreds of other people who have been abused and reported it to the property authorities only to see it covered it up and swept away, who have been failed by the sport at all levels, do not enjoy those things. Broken sport. And that's before we even start considering all the BIPOC and LGBQT+ people who have been driven away by the toxicity general hockey culture elicits. Just look at what St. Louis fans were saying to Kadri. People want to pretend like that shit is the exception, but it's simply not. That is common all through the sport, at every single level.

Kyle Beach - I am glad you brought him up. He is the perfect example of why it is broken people... even broken organizations, but NOT the sport that is broken.

After everything he has been through all the tough times, he is still playing the sport.
    He has found a place to continue to play the sport... if it was the sport that was broken, would he not have left the sport.

With your standing, would it not be golf that is the broken sport, because this woman was assaulted during a golf tournament?

As for your Kadri example - thats the world not the sport..... that type of crap happens everywhere... and the common ground is that there are lots of broken people in the world.

If we take a look at this example....

A couple kids are playing Mario Kart on Wii... and one kid has a temper tantrum and throws his remote at the TV....

Should the parent blame the Mario Kart game or the kid? Its clearly the kid...
    Therefore its the people that are broken, not the sport.

Lets look at another example...

What some Blues fans were doing to Kadri vs what the Oilers and their fans have done for Ben Stelter or did for Joey Moss.

I can only imagine the tough times this lady has went through and I and glad that she stood up for herself and sought out action after being initially shut out...

But I have met a lot of great people through hockey and seen lots of great organizations do great things through the sport of hockey....

so to blanket the sport of hockey as broken when it is clearly some organizations and some people that participate in hockey that are broken is overdramatic and hasty at best.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Kyle Beach - I am glad you brought him up. He is the perfect example of why it is broken people... even broken organizations, but NOT the sport that is broken.

After everything he has been through all the tough times, he is still playing the sport.
    He has found a place to continue to play the sport... if it was the sport that was broken, would he not have left the sport.

With your standing, would it not be golf that is the broken sport, because this woman was assaulted during a golf tournament?

As for your Kadri example - thats the world not the sport..... that type of crap happens everywhere... and the common ground is that there are lots of broken people in the world.

If we take a look at this example....

A couple kids are playing Mario Kart on Wii... and one kid has a temper tantrum and throws his remote at the TV....

Should the parent blame the Mario Kart game or the kid? Its clearly the kid...
    Therefore its the people that are broken, not the sport.

Lets look at another example...

What some Blues fans were doing to Kadri vs what the Oilers and their fans have done for Ben Stelter or did for Joey Moss.

I can only imagine the tough times this lady has went through and I and glad that she stood up for herself and sought out action after being initially shut out...

But I have met a lot of great people through hockey and seen lots of great organizations do great things through the sport of hockey....

so to blanket the sport of hockey as broken when it is clearly some organizations and some people that participate in hockey that are broken is overdramatic and hasty at best.
    The more you specifically post the more I am convinced the sport is broken.

You're the textbook definition of the gatekeeping, excuse making, semantics playing bullshit that stops the sport from ever truly advancing and making meaningful change. Textbook definition of The Problem.

The reason hockey will never really change, and 20 years from now we'll still be getting these exact same stories, just like we were 20 years ago.

The Great One

The more you specifically post the more I am convinced the sport is broken.

You're the textbook definition of the gatekeeping, excuse making, semantics playing bullshit that stops the sport from ever truly advancing and making meaningful change. Textbook definition of The Problem.

The reason hockey will never really change, and 20 years from now we'll still be getting these exact same stories, just like we were 20 years ago.
    Is hockey the only sport that is broken? It feels like I could replace the word "hockey" in your posts with any other competitive/aggressive sport and your post would be equally as relevant. The problem is not unique to hockey. It's everywhere. But the research does suggest it's worse with men involved in competitive/aggressive sports.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Is hockey the only sport that is broken? It feels like I could replace the word "hockey" in your posts with any other competitive/aggressive sport and your post would be equally as relevant. The problem is not unique to hockey. It's everywhere. But the research does suggest it's worse with men involved in competitive/aggressive sports.
    Saying hockey is "broken" the way rataylor is, is such a broad generalization that it could be applied to anything and everything, and for that reason it's pretty much useless. Okay, the world is broken. Cool.

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont think it's a specifically a hockey problem. I think it's a universal problem but sports/athletes are so prominent that they tend to get the headlines. This issue goes far beyond hockey itself. Football, basketball, baseball, politicians, Royalty, celebrities. There's issues everywhere. Today it just happens to be in the hockey world.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Canadian military
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Titan

What has always been the thing that makes hockey different from other sports? "We not me". That in this case for me has made hockey a cesspool of exploitation in all levels leading into the NHL. The ability to use the line "for the team" to cover terrible acts is not a new thing for hockey.

Hazing - For the team bonding
    Mentally Abusive Coaching - Pushing a player for the team to win. If the player folds, they aren't there to help the team win.
    Contracts - You blame a player for taking his worth, but not the management for evaluating other talent. "If Matthews just takes less then they'll win" is a toxic thought because there's little evidence that the allocated money isn't going to go to overpay someone else. It's a bit of a toxic point that we blame millionaires over billionaires.
    Sexual Assault Cover Ups - If we cover this up our team can win.
    Drug Abuse - If you block the shots for the team we'll pump you with pills and throw you away once you get addicted.

It could be a contributing factor to all this. But hockey isn't the only organization that has issues with stuff like this, just look at Desaun Watson. Now, I think hockey is the first major sport where this stuff is coming out. This happens in every sport, but hockey is the first to "deal with the issue publicly". The Kyle Beach assault is the starter to this, and it'll snowball. We'll see a lot more in the near future.

Rumoured was CHL players on the team were the ones involved, below are all the CHL players on that team with notes:
    Gadjovich (F) - Owen Sound OHL - Has come out and said he wasn't part of it
    Katchouk (F) - Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)
    Raddysh (F) - Erie (OHL) - Social Media gone
    Steenbergen (F) - Swift Current (WHL) - Long term GF, doesn't eliminate him really
    McLeod (F) - Mississauga (OHL)
    Howden (F) - Moose Jaw (WHL) - Instagram now private
    Steel (F) - Regina (WHL) - Had a long term GF, doesn't eliminate him really though
    Formenton (F) - London (OHL) - They mentioned ages, and he doesn't fit the age group. But not a deal breaker
    Kyrou (F) - Sarnia (OHL)
    R.Thomas (F) - London (OHL) - Under age, but like Formenton
    Bean (D) - Calgary (WHL)
    Timmins (D) - Sault Ste. Marie (OHL) - Social Media gone
    Foote (D) - Kelowna (WHL) - Has limited Instagram comments
    Clague (D) - Brandon (WHL)

Then players who were at the event but not on the team:
    Nick Suzuki - Was not 19 yet, doesn't eliminate him though
    Ryan Martin
    Aidan Hughes
    Z. Gallant
    Isaac Ratcliffe
    Alex Turko
    J.Murray
    W.Lockhead
    Logan Couture

Management Group:
    Dominique Ducharme - Head Coach
    Tom Renney - CEO
    Scott Smith - President COO
    Scott Salmond - VP Hockey Ops
    Joel Bouchard - Management Group

Total guess, but the way kids talk, the guys on London and Sault Ste. knew who was involved and what happened.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Canadian military
    Sure, you can add that to the list as well. Don't forget the RCMP.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Saying hockey is "broken" the way rataylor is, is such a broad generalization that it could be applied to anything and everything, and for that reason it's pretty much useless. Okay, the world is broken. Cool.

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

Reason 711 that hockey is a broken sport:

Search who the USHL GMs just voted for as the player and dman of the year in their league.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Reason 711 that hockey is a broken sport:

Search who the USHL GMs just voted for as the player and dman of the year in their league.
    That's a name I totally forgot about wow,
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll