Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Lawsuit Against Hockey Canada and Canadian Hockey League

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Lawsuit Against Hockey Canada and Canadian Hockey League

So.. the previous lawsuit was settled last year. The woman got several millions and agreed to drop the case..? and the players in question were happy to have the ordeal over with, not being outed as rapists..?
    Public outcry and Hockey Canada is now about to reveal who the players are and potentially ban some of them from the league altogether..? The players are informed of this and file lawsuits against the league/Hockey Canada given the earlier settlement and agreement..?

It seems this could drag on into the season. If there are counter lawsuits and they were of little importance, the players should've been revealed and suspended already, wouldn't they?

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by loppantorkel View Post
    So.. the previous lawsuit was settled last year. The woman got several millions and agreed to drop the case..? and the players in question were happy to have the ordeal over with, not being outed as rapists..?
    Public outcry and Hockey Canada is now about to reveal who the players are and potentially ban some of them from the league altogether..? The players are informed of this and file lawsuits against the league/Hockey Canada given the earlier settlement and agreement..?

It seems this could drag on into the season. If there are counter lawsuits and they were of little importance, the players should've been revealed and suspended already, wouldn't they?
    I forget which weekend it was but it seemed like things were going to be revealed late july / early aug .

heres a quote from the montreal gazette article (an opinion piece)

Lawyers threatening to get involved if league hands out punishments to former junior players targeted in sexual assault investigation.

article itself

https://montrealgazette.com/opinion/...-under-the-rug

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I forget which weekend it was but it seemed like things were going to be revealed late july / early aug .

heres a quote from the montreal gazette article (an opinion piece)

Lawyers threatening to get involved if league hands out punishments to former junior players targeted in sexual assault investigation.

article itself

https://montrealgazette.com/opinion/...-under-the-rug
    Thanks. I wonder how the lawyers of the NHL were surprised by this outcome. I'm guessing things will move on without any penalties aside from those already dealt, until the lawyers are done. Maybe all current contracts are played out, but no new will be signed...?

Dobber Sports Initiate

*Crickets*

Does anyone expect any suspensions this season?

Dobber Sports Titan

No Hockey Canada is too busy figuring out rules around teens showering arrangements.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by loppantorkel View Post
    *Crickets*

Does anyone expect any suspensions this season?
    I think I remember seeing speculation that the league was negotiating with the players named in the report, presumably offering lesser suspensions in exchange for not appealing.

I also think it's possible that they are waiting for the London Police to finish their investigation. Obviously the burden of proof for criminal charges is a lot higher than what's needed to suspend someone from their job, but if they hand out lengthy suspensions and then the police determine that no wrongdoing occurred, then that's not necessarily a good look for the league. I doubt this has been a factor, but the apparent revelation that one of the women accusing Trevor Bauer of sexual assault was lying might make them even more reluctant to do anything until there is "conclusive" evidence from the police.
    12-Team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (Salary cap for keepers only)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1 UTIL, 2G (6 BN, 6 IR+, 1 NA)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - S. Aho, M. Beniers, N. Bjugstad, S. Crosby, B. Jenner, L. Stankoven
    LW - C. Caufield, N. Foligno, J. Hughes, J. Slafkovsky, O. Tippett
    RW - D. Batherson, C. Keller, A. Lafreniere, S. Reinhart
    D - E. Bouchard, B. Pachal, M. Roy, M. Seider
    G - J. Binnington, J. Saros, J. Swayman

IR+: T. Demko, T. Hertl, K. Johnson, G. Landeskog, J. Middleton, J. Trouba
    NA: B. Othmann

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    No Hockey Canada is too busy figuring out rules around teens showering arrangements.
    Yeah I saw that yesterday… so my kid has to either wear his base layer to and from the rink or wait in line for 20 other kids to get changed in the single grimy toilet stall in our dressing room. Making issues where they don’t really exist. If you’re uncomfortable with someone being in their underwear (or being in your own) in a dressing room, get dressed somewhere else. Or better yet, work on your own mental/emotional responses to give yourself and your children the faculties to function in situations that may be outside your comfort zone. You aren’t seeing anything in a dressing room you wouldn’t see at a public beach.

Ugh… sorry… rant over
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Yeah I saw that yesterday… so my kid has to either wear his base layer to and from the rink or wait in line for 20 other kids to get changed in the single grimy toilet stall in our dressing room. Making issues where they don’t really exist. If you’re uncomfortable with someone being in their underwear (or being in your own) in a dressing room, get dressed somewhere else. Or better yet, work on your own mental/emotional responses to give yourself and your children the faculties to function in situations that may be outside your comfort zone. You aren’t seeing anything in a dressing room you wouldn’t see at a public beach.

Ugh… sorry… rant over
    I don't quite get the reasoning. My guess is if an assigned-at-birth female is on a boys team and doesn't go by she/her, would be wearing a sports bra or female-oriented clothing and then be centered out in the locker room? So they make everyone wear the same coverage of baselayers. Having a 2nd locker room would have the player feel "different" or not included. Then the reverse would be an assigned-at-birth male on a female team potentially showing a body part that other parents don't want their kids to see.

I don't quite understand how this was the solution to the problem. I'm pretty liberal, and support a lot of the changes made, but I can't say I understand this one. Seems to me another thing where a handful of parents can't deal with their own kids being sad and forcing a group to conform to them.

But ya, just another thing Hockey Canada is addressing over bigger problems.

Dobber Sports Titan

From Rick Westhead just now

Breaking: Five members of the 2018 world junior hockey team have been told to surrender to London, ONT police to face charges of sexual assault, The Globe and Mail reports, citing unnamed sources. The Globe reports the players, who have not been charged yet, have been given a set period of time to present themselves at London police headquarters.

Dobber Sports Sage

Update to this provided in this thread:
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...g-for-2018-WJC
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24