Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Another mass shooting...

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Another mass shooting...

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Has anyone ever driven over the speed limit? How easy is it to break that law.

Drinking and driving? I bet it happens a million times a day in the states.

Cocaine is it illegal to purchase? How many people illegally obtain drugs on a daily basis in the states?

Sure stricter gun laws will make it more difficult... but the mafia or those types of 'businesses' are still gonna find a way to get the illegal guns into people's hands that want them.
    You're thinking about it the wrong way. How much more of those things would occur if they WEREN'T illegal???? OF COURSE people still break the law and drive drunk, but if drunk driving was legal, WAYYYYYYYYYYYY more people would do it and drink driving deaths would be through the goddamn roof! Tightening gun restrictions wont eliminate gun deaths, but it will sure as hell reduce them.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Has anyone ever driven over the speed limit? How easy is it to break that law.

Drinking and driving? I bet it happens a million times a day in the states.

Cocaine is it illegal to purchase? How many people illegally obtain drugs on a daily basis in the states?

Sure stricter gun laws will make it more difficult... but the mafia or those types of 'businesses' are still gonna find a way to get the illegal guns into people's hands that want them.
    Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

The bolded part of your response is the only thing that makes any sense.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    You're thinking about it the wrong way. How much more of those things would occur if they WEREN'T illegal???? OF COURSE people still break the law and drive drunk, but if drunk driving was legal, WAYYYYYYYYYYYY more people would do it and drink driving deaths would be through the goddamn roof! Tightening gun restrictions wont eliminate gun deaths, but it will sure as hell reduce them.
    Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post

Context my friends... context.

My comment was to 'If you ban guns bad people will still get them' and how it doesn't make sense to some people...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post

No need for the bolded part. stop with the inflammatory talk doesnt do anyone any good

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Is organized crime taking over other countries with much stricter gun laws?

- - - Updated - - -

This thread just proves that the USA is ****ed. Utterly ****ed.
    I just answered my own question.

Mexico has extremely restrictive gun laws and yet has tons of gun crime. Wonder where they are getting their guns from ....

Dobber Sports Star

Mexico has extremely restrictive gun laws and yet has tons of gun crime. Wonder where they are getting their guns from ....
    They should build a wall to stop the guns from coming in

Dobber Sports Star

Context my friends... context.

My comment was to 'If you ban guns bad people will still get them' and how it doesn't make sense to some people...
    This logic is baffling to me. OF COURSE bad guys would still be able to get guns. But if you ban them altogether, it won't be as easy as walking into Walmart to do it. You say don't ban guns because the bad guys will still get them. Apply this same gorilla logic to every law. Why ban murder? Bad people still kill. Why ban rape? Bad people still rape. Don't you see how absurd that logic is?

You ban things that people shouldn't be doing to protect the masses. People will still do it, but you have penalties and incentive to NOT do those things. That is what makes civilized society safer. To quote you; how does this not make sense to some people?

Rylant

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    This logic is baffling to me. OF COURSE bad guys would still be able to get guns. But if you ban them altogether, it won't be as easy as walking into Walmart to do it. You say don't ban guns because the bad guys will still get them. Apply this same gorilla logic to every law. Why ban murder? Bad people still kill. Why ban rape? Bad people still rape. Don't you see how absurd that logic is?

You ban things that people shouldn't be doing to protect the masses. People will still do it, but you have penalties and incentive to NOT do those things. That is what makes civilized society safer. To quote you; how does this not make sense to some people?

Rylant
    I think you are adding additional content to my point which if I recall from University 1 Logic alters the goal posts per se.

Individual says - If you ban guns bad people will still get them makes no sense.

So all I am trying to do is explain that the banning guns will not eliminate the possibility to obtain guns.

I said that stricter gun laws will will make it harder to obtain guns... but not impossible

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Star

I think you are adding additional content to my point which if I recall from University 1 Logic alters the goal posts per se.

Individual says - If you ban guns bad people will still get them makes no sense.

So all I am trying to do is explain that the banning guns will not eliminate the possibility to obtain guns.

I said that stricter gun laws will will make it harder to obtain guns... but not impossible

Right. That's the point. You aren't going to eliminate gun deaths altogether, but lets not make it easy for them. Yes, absolutely. Ban all guns. I know it sucks for the law abiding gun owner, but it makes people safer. Jim Jeffries said it best when he said, ya, the bad apples screw it up for the rest of us. I take drugs like a champion, but Karen here drowned her 2 children while high and so now I can't do cocaine anymore. That's the way it works!

Could somebody please explain how lawn darts and Kinder Surprise Eggs are deemed too dangerous and therefore illegal in the States, but just about anybody can buy an AR-15?

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

Was there someone in here who couldn't comprehend that if guns were banned some criminals would still get their hands on them? I have never ever heard anyone have trouble with that concept...

Interesting for sure.

Because government permits are difficult to obtain, there is a thriving market in smuggled handguns from the United States.
    The Mexican Constitution guarantees the right of Mexicans to possess arms. Even so, gun control laws in Mexico are very strict, and police discretion in enforcement makes possession of firearms of greater than .22 very difficult
    Source is some article written by David Kopel who I have never heard of.

​​

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Was there someone in here who couldn't comprehend that if guns were banned some criminals would still get their hands on them? I have never ever heard anyone have trouble with that concept...
    Exactly... that was my thinking as well.. Maybe they were being disingenuous or sarcastic and I didn't catch it... but either way that is what I was addressing.

​​

Dobber Sports Sage

This is the most recent stat I could find...

"From 1966 to 2019, 77 percent of mass shooters obtained the weapons they used in their crimes through legal purchases"

Also Isreal, but only 1/4 as bad as USA
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Republicans on Abortion:

Nothing is more important than the life of a child and therefore we shall make all abortion illegal so people can no longer get abortions.

Republicans on Gun Control:

It's not a a gun problem it's a mental health problem and laws don't stop people from getting guns anyways.

Republicans on increasing health care funding, specifically mental health funding:

LMAO no.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Democrats on Gun Control:

Ban all guns, they're killing our children!

Democrats on Abortion:

My body my choice & I choose to kill my child!