Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: Another mass shooting...

The Great One

Default Re: Another mass shooting...

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Another person who doesn't have the literacy to actually read the constitution.
    I would be curious to hear your literate take on what the constitution actually says on this.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I would be curious to hear your literate take on what the constitution actually says on this.
    It is not the right for any citizen to bear any arms.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Noted. I am done with Dobberhockey. Should have done it a long time ago, but today I finally learned my lesson.
    Just stop reading these threads (or avoid the section altogether as Axe suggets). You're just asking for it...

If there's someone you can't stand... block them. If there's a thread you know will be a train wreck then don't read it.

This is all self inflicted pain you can proactively avoid.

Dobber Sports Star

No question. The Second Amendment is largely misinterpreted, partly because it's ambiguous.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Many of the pro gun crowd focus of "The right to bear arms" and occasionally they throw in a "shall not be infringed". Of course, the response to that is "Oh, so 5 year olds and people in prison should be able to own guns then? Afterall, they are "people" and their "right to bear arms shall not be infringed", right?" When they balk at that, a reminder that it seems that they are ok with infringing on the right of people in jail and 5 year olds to bear arms. So, under the circumstances which you feel it's ok to infringe on somebody's right to bear arms, it's ok? But not if I suggest infringing on other's right to bear arms? Just when it fits your criteria? Ok got it...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    No question. The Second Amendment is largely misinterpreted, partly because it's ambiguous.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Many of the pro gun crowd focus of "The right to bear arms" and occasionally they throw in a "shall not be infringed". Of course, the response to that is "Oh, so 5 year olds and people in prison should be able to own guns then? Afterall, they are "people" and their "right to bear arms shall not be infringed", right?" When they balk at that, a reminder that it seems that they are ok with infringing on the right of people in jail and 5 year olds to bear arms. So, under the circumstances which you feel it's ok to infringe on somebody's right to bear arms, it's ok? But not if I suggest infringing on other's right to bear arms? Just when it fits your criteria? Ok got it...

Rylant
    I don't read the constitution or study it. Do all other amendments of the Constitution apply to those under age of majority or those in prison?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I don't read the constitution or study it. Do all other amendments of the Constitution apply to those under age of majority or those in prison?
    This is according to Maniatas Law "Nowhere in the first 10 amendments to the Constitution is the word “citizen.” Often it is written “The right of the people…” The Bill of Rights protects everyone, including undocumented immigrants, to exercise free speech, religion, assembly, and to be free from unlawful government interference."

And this according to Penn State Law "When it comes to key constitutional provisions like due process and equal treatment under the law, the U.S. Constitution applies to all persons – which includes both documented and undocumented immigrants – and not just U.S. citizens"

Rylant

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Is your inference here that, for example, the first amendment (freedom of speech) does not apply to those under the age of 18?

Dobber Sports Star

Is your inference here that, for example, the first amendment (freedom of speech) does not apply to those under the age of 18?
    For sure, that's a good point. Or the right to peacefully assemble, or the right to remain silent. The list goes on.

This brings up the point, is the right to bear arms able to be infringed or not? You can't have it both ways...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

It was a question.

My thought was more along the lines of

- Is a Muslim that is in prison allowed to freely celebrate Eid Al-Fitr?

-or people in prison are they allowed to peacefully assemble?

I am asking if there are other constitutional rights that are taken away when in prison or if under a certain age?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

You do not lose any rights (or are not supposed to) in prison. Obviously, the prison system is as corrupt as the rest of the country, so violations occur pretty regularly.

Would point out that just because you do not have the ~ability~ to assemble peacefully doesn’t mean you lose the right to. Prisoners are allowed to protest within the confines of their detainment.

The Great One

Can you elaborate a bit on what exactly the constitution says and why you think this is the case. Your response is not helpful.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch