Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Koskinen signing overseas?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Koskinen signing overseas?

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    The shaky 40 year old with a 0.931 save percentage....
    Still gives me no stable level of confidence in games. Has he played well? Yes and he deserves to be the starter there (obviously by default). Don’t know how the Flames lost that game (150 ft goal Smith let in from Jasper). I’m lying, there’s a guy named McDavid that’s putting the team on his back.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    Still gives me no stable level of confidence in games. Has he played well? Yes and he deserves to be the starter there (obviously by default). Don’t know how the Flames lost that game (150 ft goal Smith let in from Jasper). I’m lying, there’s a guy named McDavid that’s putting the team on his back.
    He has certainly had some moments, but his save% is basically the same as Vas these playoffs. Tim Thomas' looked ugly in net as well and did just fine out there at the end of the day. McDavid is definitely putting on a show but he's getting support from several others this year, which is the difference between this year and past years.

At the end of the day though I just don't think Koskinen sees a future in Edmonton with Stuart Skinner on his way and possibly another season of Mike Smith. If I was his agent I'd throw out rumours of leaving as well and see if it generates any solid offers from other teams, and if not then heading back to play closer to home for decent money is probably a decent consolation prize.

Dobber Sports Genius

Overall as an Oiler fan I hope they can get past the Flames and we can really see an even more dominant McDavid. Yes he is getting some great support but the biggest support he needs is steady play from his goalie. Can Mike do it? I sure hope he does.

I heard on the radio today that it might have been a blessing in disguise that Markstrom didn’t sign in Edmonton. It allowed them room to get Kane. Plus I think they also said that he chose the Flames at the 11th hour when it looked like he was going to be an Oiler. I’m sure that motivates a lot of Oilers when they face Markstrom, who tends to struggle against them.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    At the end of the day though I just don't think Koskinen sees a future in Edmonton with Stuart Skinner on his way and possibly another season of Mike Smith. If I was his agent I'd throw out rumours of leaving as well and see if it generates any solid offers from other teams, and if not then heading back to play closer to home for decent money is probably a decent consolation prize.
    Agreed with this. Koskinen is a scape goat, due to his underwhelming play and mainly his massive contract. The Oilers are going to move one from him this offseason. That being said I do think his play has been solid enough to land him a 1B or true backup role somewhere in the League if he wanted to hunt for said role. a 1 year $1m deal should be on the table from somewhere during free agency in July. That is what makes this leak surprising to me, the timing of it.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Guru

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Icon

interesting now.

with Koski gone and Smith undecided, surely they cant be thinking of going with Skinner as a potential #1?
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    interesting now.

with Koski gone and Smith undecided, surely they cant be thinking of going with Skinner as a potential #1?
    No, they're buying. Question becomes who.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    interesting now.

Ive heard/read that theyre looking at Husso and Campbell

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Ive heard/read that theyre looking at Husso and Campbell
    Those are the popular names out there. Kuemper is a name that Holland has chased before and he's a UFA. I could also see Holland considering someone like Holtby on a short term deal to save a few bucks too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

It's the first time in a while that there's a few top teams that will be looking for goaltending (Edmonton, Leafs, Colorado) with few options out there.

Then there's teams looking for 1Bs (Vegas, Minny, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Dallas, Calgary, Edmonton, Leafs)

So there's like 7ish teams going after like 5 goalies. Should be fun how Edmonton attacks this. They can 'overspend' to secure the FA goalie or trade for the top guy. Or they can be creative and find a good bargain goalie.

I think Holland goes after the top FA, but doesn't get it. Offers a trade for a top goalie, but doesn't give the extra piece needed to get it done. Then goes to the scrap bin and signs like....Holtby/Jones and DeSmith
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll