Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Advice: Unreceived NHL Game Used Puck

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Unhappy Advice: Unreceived NHL Game Used Puck

With Claude Giroux's days of being a Flyer dwindling, I wanted to buy something unique to commemorate his days as a Flyer.
    So on March 18th (a few days after Giroux's 1000th & last game with PHI), I put in a bid of $56 and won the following item on NHL.com's auctions:
    Item name: Philadelphia Flyers Game-Used Puck vs. Montreal Canadiens on March 13, 2022

This being Giroux's 999th game with PHI.
    Also the last game he scored (/pointed) in, since he was scoreless in game #1000 vs. Nashville.

The terms of the auction suggest it could take 4-6 weeks to receive item.
    So I waited, patiently... and after 6 full weeks I emailed the seller: Fanatics, who replied:

Hello again ___,

We really appreciate your continued patience and are truly sorry for the delay you’ve experienced with this order. Unfortunately, we still have not received the pucks from this game from the teams Equipment manager. With covid restrictions in place, we’re at the mercy of each Teams equipment manager’s schedule to ship all pucks in a timely manner. Unfortunately, we do not have any control over their availability and scheduling. We understand that this not ideal and is why shipping was not charged for these pucks as we cannot guarantee and exact shipping date. If you no longer wish to wait for this puck to be fulfilled, please let us know and we will be more than happy to cancel and issue a full refund. Please let us know how you’d like to proceed. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Kindest regards,
    NHL Auctions | Fan Services
    15701 S.W. 29 Street
    Miramar, FL 33027
    auctions.nhl.com

Feeling disappointed and committed to experiencing the auction-win of a game-used puck... and to test this system, I bid on - and won - the game-used puck from ARI @ DAL from April 27, 2022, Pavelski's 81st point in DAL's 81st game. (Pavelski is one of my fave players and 81pts for a season is his career high). On May 18th (about 3 weeks later), I received notification that item shipped and today, May 20th... I received the puck.

What do I do about the Giroux 999th game puck?
    I know how this goes... the seller (Fantrax) is going to give some round-around about how they haven't received it from the Philadelphia Equipment Manager.
    They processed my payment way back when (without charging the shipping).

This is pretty bad service... and a huge disappointment - especially since I didn't bid or collect any other items from Giroux's end with PHI because I had this puck coming.

What would you guys do in this position???
    Sad Pengwin.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Advice: Unreceived NHL Game Used Puck

I would just request the refund and move on.

There will be other opportunities to collect other items.

The Great One

I’d wait it out. $56 ain’t no big thing. I doubt they are lying to you.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I’d wait it out. $56 ain’t no big thing. I doubt they are lying to you.
    This.

I've waited upwards of 3 months twice for sports memorabilia over the past 2 years (covid), so I'd just hang tight. When you get to double the expected delivery time, that's when you start to consider the full refund.

Edit:
    This is how I approached a couple of my situations when it came to lengthy deliveries.
    1) How valuable is this item going to be to ME; If it's something you can't duplicate such as "milestone xx puck, football, etc" I'd wait it out in hopes it eventually comes in.
    2) What's the value difference between what I actually paid for item vs what it would cost to re-buy something similar. If you lucked out and got an item cheap during an auction and re-sell value is double what you paid, it's worth the wait. If you paid around what similar items are selling for, then take the refund and buy the similar item through a different supplier.

Dobber Sports Deity

I would try and find out what their return/refund policy (if any) is and make your determination at that point. You might not have a choice but to wait.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I would just request the refund and move on.

There will be other opportunities to collect other items.

In this lifetime... for a Flyers fan... IDK...

Dobber Sports Sage

While it may suck that it's taking so long I would wait it out... I see no reason to think that you are being scammed.
    I'd keep in contact and ask "When does the Flyers Team Equipment Manager foresee being able to send the puck?" - go from there.

I think you will much prefer to have the puck and patience will be rewarded.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    This.

I've waited upwards of 3 months twice for sports memorabilia over the past 2 years (covid), so I'd just hang tight. When you get to double the expected delivery time, that's when you start to consider the full refund.

Edit:
    This is how I approached a couple of my situations when it came to lengthy deliveries.
    1) How valuable is this item going to be to ME; If it's something you can't duplicate such as "milestone xx puck, football, etc" I'd wait it out in hopes it eventually comes in.
    2) What's the value difference between what I actually paid for item vs what it would cost to re-buy something similar. If you lucked out and got an item cheap during an auction and re-sell value is double what you paid, it's worth the wait. If you paid around what similar items are selling for, then take the refund and buy the similar item through a different supplier.
    Agree with this.
    Given that they have offered a refund it seems like they are not screwing you around and are genuinely having shipping/supply control issues. Delays suck but that is a pretty solid seller response as opposed to no response or "you'll get it when you get it"
    I would assume $56 is not a key amount of money and since you would really be "using" the puck I would just wait it out while continuing to follow-up and hassle the seller.
    In 10 years the fact that you waited an extra few months to get the item while not be remembered.
    Of course if you are now over the purchase you can take your refund and spend it on something else.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Star

Definiteiy wait it out, clearly there is a sentimental value to this item for you. That is priceless in my books.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    In this lifetime... for a Flyers fan... IDK...
    Well if it's this specific item that you have to have, and you have no other way to obtain it, and you have reason to believe that they will make good on it eventually, then yes, wait for it.

Lots of ifs there, but if they are all true then wait.

If you can substitute a different item - then get a refund.
    If you don't believe they can actually fulfill the order - then get a refund.
    If there was a way to get the exact same item elsewhere (in this case no) - then get a refund.

Dobber Sports Superstar

This kind of stuff is going on everywhere, things are so broken it ain't funny, and after 3 years, they still blame their screw ups on Covid! Anyway, as tweetdrvr says, it's not a whole lot of money, you want the puck and you've already waited a while, so I'd just wait some more.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sophomore

You just spent $60 on an NHL unusedpuck.

Get your money back before you realize how dumb that was.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Thanks all, appreciate the replies. I'll wait it out.
    (and welcome back bigev!)

Dobber Sports Icon

2 things here.

Agree with waiting

2. BigEv. There’s a name not heard round here for a touch!!!
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Ninja

The item clearly has sentimental value to you. $60 is a small amount (for most ppl).

Lots of things are delayed right now. Supply chain issues everywhere. Staff turnover. Etc.

I'd give it 6 months before throwing in the towel.