Thread: Jason Kenney resigns as AB premier

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Jason Kenney resigns as AB premier

Fairly big news out of Alberta.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Jason Kenney resigns as AB premier

This is Alberta.

The will elect some other doofus in his place and think that this time it's different.

Every single premier in Alberta since 2004, other than Notley, has not been able to finish up their full term.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I thought Kenney's run would be better. He had some moments, but overall was a disappointment to me. Hope they get someone who can move the province forward.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Star

Did not see this coming. While I pretty firmly believe he was not a good premier, I wish him the best. I just don't think he got Albertans. Interesting to see where this goes from here.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's shitty ideology to blame. That's why it will never change in Alberta. I don't find any of this interesting at all. Watching someone punch themselves in the face over and over goes from entertaining to sad pretty quickly.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I have been calling this for month's. the UCP will throw Kenney under the bus just in time to elect a new leader before the next election.
    Brian Jean or Danielle Smith will emerge as leader and put all the failures on Kenney personally, and promise better governance under their respective leadership.
    It might work, we will have to see.

Their is an old joke in politics/Corporate governance (and it works surprising well in sports) etc. that the upon taking over a new leader gets 2 letters. and told "when you get in trouble the first time open the first letter, and when you get in trouble the second time open the second letter"
    The first letter says "blame everything on your predecessor" and always works.
    the second letter says "sit down and write 2 letters".

Kenney ran the "blame Notley" train as long as possible and it eventually ran out of steam.
    The new UCP leader will blame everything on Kenney for as long as that will work.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Their is an old joke in politics/Corporate governance (and it works surprising well in sports) etc. that the upon taking over a new leader gets 2 letters. and told "when you get in trouble the first time open the first letter, and when you get in trouble the second time open the second letter"
    The first letter says "blame everything on your successor" and always works.
    Love this. Depressingly accurate though.

Dobber Sports Deity

I have been calling this for month's. the UCP will throw Kenney under the bus just in time to elect a new leader before the next election.
    Brian Jean or Danielle Smith will emerge as leader and put all the failures on Kenney personally, and promise better governance under their respective leadership.
    It might work, we will have to see.

Kenney ran the "blame Notley" train as long as possible and it eventually ran out of steam.
    The new UCP leader will blame everything on Kenney for as long as that will work.
    That's awesome and undoubtedly true.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's pretty wild to me that Brian Jean and Danielle Smith are two of the "best" options to replace Kenney. There's scraping the bottom of the barrel, and then there's these two.

Dobber Sports Master

I think Alberta politicians get a 1A envelope which reads: "Blame the Feds (unless they are conservative)" as well...

(I won't speculate how many envelopes the Quebec politicians get, lol)
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril