Thread: Drop 4 in my Dynasty league. Long Term

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Drop 4 in my Dynasty league. Long Term

Team in signature. I think I have a good team for a 10 Team dynasty league, but have not won in a few years, mostly due to bad luck in H2H playoffs.

Are there any areas you think I should improve on? Or just be patient? I want to win a cup in the next 2-3 years.

i just have Space for 24 Players so I have to clean my Squad and have to drop 4 Guys.

Should I use 3 or 4 Goalies? So then 2 Skaters and 2 Goalies on the bench.

There are some interesting free agents in my League for next year too. I Could drop one of my players and pick up:
    Verhaege, K.Johnson, B.Boeser, Romanov, Fehervary, Durzi, Marchment, Holtz, D.Strome, Mangiapane, N.Roy, A.Tuch, Askarov, Wallsted and some new Youngstars are still available and can be drafted next season.

do you think my team is Competitive for my banger League and leave it as it is?

Should I try to Trade for a special Guy? For example 2-3 Elite Players like Kaprizov from my Team to try to get Matthews who is Maybee better for a Banger
    League:

————————————————————————————————————————————— ——-
    H2H - Keep all max 24
    Managers: 10
    Rosters: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 3IR, 1IR+, 2NA
    Scoring Categories: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, BLK, HIT
    Goaltenders:GS, W, GA, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

Possible Keeper Drop 4 out of 28
    C: E.Pettersson, Q.Byfield, Lundell, P.Dubois, M.Zibanejad, M.Rossi
    LW: A.Lafreniere, Zegras, B.Tkachuk, J.Hughes, S.Bennett, A.Newhook
    RW: T.Jeannot, M.Tkachuk, K.Kaprizov, M.Boldy, C.Perfetti
    D: D.Hamilton, B.Byram, D.Nurse, M.Heiskanen, Z.Werenski, A.Fox, J.Chychrun
    G: Demko, Vasilevski, J.Oettinger, U.Luukkonen
    Last edited by vivatherangers; June 1, 2022 at 1:29 AM.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Drop 4 in my Dynasty league. Long Term

This is a good looking young team. Byfield, Rossi, Laf, Zegras, Newhook, Boldy, Hughes and Perfetti should all take a step forward next year. Your Defence is solid as well, although likely a little lite in the banger stats. Goaltending is also looking good but an obvious drop for me is Luukkonen. Then it gets tough. What is needed here is a much better picture of what scoring cats your current team was most deficient in. You definitely need to pursue a trade that will address your deficiencies and you should have some attractive pieces to offer to get that done. I'm adding Byram to the trade/drop bucket. With Makar, Toews and Girard signed for several more years Byram is just not in a good position to take a significant step forward anytime soon. That said, he is one hell of a prospect, he's just in a tough position to get the opportunity he needs and he won't move the needle with peripherals much either. No matter how you look at it, dropping two forwards is going to be painful. However, I'm adding two of Rossi, Boldy, Newhook and Perfetti to the trade bucket. Your objective in a trade should be to add an established elite NHL forward or defensemen that best addresses the deficiencies you have identified. IMO, you need to add a "veteran in their prime" elite presence to compliment your youth. Hope this helps.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Drop 4 in my Dynasty league. Long Term

Thank you very much for your response. Blocks and FW are my most deficient categories. Then Goals. So which 4 should i drop when i do not find a trade partner? Luukkonen for shure…and then? Byram? Get Romanov?