Poll: Canes vs Rangers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Second Round: (1) Carolina Hurricanes vs (2) New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Eastern Conference Second Round: (1) Carolina Hurricanes vs (2) New York Rangers

I absolutely want to believe but Carolina is just the perfect team IMO. Tony will try to mess with people I am sure but Trouba will f*cking kill him. Pens were a fully healthy team basically as far as names on backs as well as being the hottest team in the game for a very long stretch at one point so it's not all that surprising they looked like the better team more often than not plus the IMMENSE experience that core has in the playoffs. Panarin despite being a ppg player has to be better so hopefully the series clinching goal ignites him. At the very least they made it to the round I wanted to see them in to gain the necessary experience but this will be a tall tall order. Post trade deadline they competed with the Canes in games only to crumble at the end which they quickly snowball into a win. Someone said something about Rangers standing around last series and that's absolutely valid. Big thing is though they are too god damn cute with the passing, they pass up so many opportunities to fire it is infuriating. Carolina is not gonna give up much so IMO the name of the game will be to simplify and just get the puck to the net as much as possible and create chaos. Rangers in 6.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Eastern Conference Second Round: (1) Carolina Hurricanes vs (2) New York Rangers

Hurry Canes in six contests.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Icon

Canes in 5. They dominate all the games but Shesterkin steals one.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Canes in 5

Rags really shocked me that last series...

Dobber Sports Genius

2-0 for the surge. Just need to take 1 of the next 2 in New York and this is over. I think the Canes could be the team to beat out east.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    2-0 for the surge. Just need to take 1 of the next 2 in New York and this is over. I think the Canes could be the team to beat out east.
    I really thought Raanta would be more of a (negative) factor. The Canes depth is really impressive. I am also a fan of Brind'Amour, so I'm happy to see his team do well.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Sage

Can the Canes continue the trend? Or will the Rangers buck it and move on?

Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Pro

The Canes have to lose at home at some point and the pressure of a game 7 might do it. Either way, there's no way they can do this against the Bolts in the ECF if they go through.

New York might actually have the best shot as they'll have much less pressure and almost as strong goaltending.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    The Canes have to lose at home at some point and the pressure of a game 7 might do it. Either way, there's no way they can do this against the Bolts in the ECF if they go through.

New York might actually have the best shot as they'll have much less pressure and almost as strong goaltending.
    I don't think pressure is much of an issue for TBL.

Thing is Rangers haven't been exactly great on the road either...
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Immortal

I think Rangers take it tonight.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I'm sure this will be said very early on in the broadcast but...

The team that scores first is 142-47 (.751) in the 189 all-time Game 7s in the Stanley Cup Playoffs and 4-1 in 2022, per the NHL.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

With a win tonight, the Canes become the first team to win seven consecutive game 7s, dating back to the 06 Cup run, besting the Buffalo Sabres in 7 games during the ECF en route to the franchise's first Stanley Cup, with Brind'Amour as captain.

We know Dundon is cheap, but to insist on 7 games each series is a little over the top, no?

Dobber Sports Genius

Half my playoff team is Canes players and I'm worried. I feel they needed to get it done in game 6. I think the Rangers have guys that can step up and score big goals but the biggest factor will be Shesterkin putting up a wall.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Rangers in 7.
    I still stand by this. I feel a shutout coming.

Dobber Sports Titan

Carolina -1.5.

I'm rooting for NYR, but I'm feeling a 2g win by Carolina.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll