Poll: Flames vs Oilers

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Calgary Flames vs (2) Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Calgary Flames vs (2) Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Count on these 2 miserable incels to derail what should've been a fun thread...

The least the rest of you can do is spare me their idiocy by refraining from quoting them
    Shouldn't you be posting "AUSTON ****ING MATTHEWS" somewhere?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Calgary Flames vs (2) Edmonton Oilers

I voted Flames in 4. Probably way too bold and it's unlikely to happen that way, but I do think if both teams play their best that the Flames will come out on top.

Dobber Sports Monster

Why do so many threads on this once great site continue to become shit shows? I just clicked on 3 different threads and all 3 had immature tones to it. Why? What is the point? Its so frustrating. Serves zero purpose and proves nothing but a continual depreciation of this site. Anyway....

I think the Flames take this in 6, potentially 5, but more likely in 6. Just to strong from top to bottom and over a max 7 game series the Flames will wear out the Oilers.

Dobber Sports Initiate

The least the rest of you can do is spare me their idiocy by refraining from quoting them
    not sure what you're smoking. But you're implying that you are referring to me. And that's just wrong. I've been on topic the entire thread, and my desire of the battle and the outcome of flames in 6.

You still salty that your leafs lost? What's the deal ?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hopefully enough of us will have them on ignore that eventually it will just be the two of them yelling at each other.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    not sure what you're smoking. But you're implying that you are referring to me. And that's just wrong. I've been on topic the entire thread, and my desire of the battle and the outcome of flames in 6.

You still salty that your leafs lost? What's the deal ?
    I'm referring to Rat22 and forumtroll. Every thread these 2 losers touch goes to shit. Users like them are the reason this community has gone downhill over the years. It's too bad Dobber and the old mods aren't around anymore to prevent cancers like them from spreading.

Dobber Sports Deity

Hard to believe this is the first time in 31 years the Battle of Alberta has happened in the playoffs. I'm imagining a lot of you probably weren't even born the last time it happened, let alone remember any of the previous playoff matchups between these two. The previous five times it happened in the playoffs:

Oilers won in 1983, 1984, 1988 & 1991.
    Flames won in 1986.

I watched them all (I'm old don't forget) and these were fantastic matchups, even in 1986 when Steve Smith (on his birthday no less) banked that I'll fated goal off Grant Fuhr to send the Oilers packing for the only time Calgary beat Edmonton in the playoffs.

It's a different time, different game and way different teams. I expect this to be an exciting series. I'm cheering for Edmonton obviously but Calgary will be a tough out for Edmonton. I'm just hoping for good hockey and may the better team win.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Hard to believe this is the first time in 31 years the Battle of Alberta has happened in the playoffs.
    That really is nuts to think about.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm referring to Rat22 and forumtroll. Every thread these 2 losers touch goes to shit. Users like them are the reason this community has gone downhill over the years. It's too bad Dobber and the old mods aren't around anymore to prevent cancers like them from spreading.
    I mean, we’re certainly not providing insights like “Austin (sp) ****ing Matthews” and “Barry Trotz can’t successfully coach an offensive team”, however we both have been in these forums as long as you lmao. Literal months apart.

All this over a nickname too, very sensitive.

Dobber Sports Titan

I gotta love the fact Brady Tkachuk is in the stands cheering for his brother. That's fun to see.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Brady seems like a fun dude

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Hard to believe this is the first time in 31 years the Battle of Alberta has happened in the playoffs. I'm imagining a lot of you probably weren't even born the last time it happened, let alone remember any of the previous playoff matchups between these two. The previous five times it happened in the playoffs:

Oilers won in 1983, 1984, 1988 & 1991.
    Flames won in 1986.

I watched them all (I'm old don't forget) and these were fantastic matchups, even in 1986 when Steve Smith (on his birthday no less) banked that I'll fated goal off Grant Fuhr to send the Oilers packing for the only time Calgary beat Edmonton in the playoffs.

It's a different time, different game and way different teams. I expect this to be an exciting series. I'm cheering for Edmonton obviously but Calgary will be a tough out for Edmonton. I'm just hoping for good hockey and may the better team win.
    In the 1980s my grandfather, who lived in Calgary, and I would call each other after each playoff game. We would say only 'Ha ha!' and then hang up if our team won.

Tried talking to him this week about the Flames and Oilers and his Alzheimer's is so advanced now that he can't remember anything about hockey any longer. Sad, but good memories from the past.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    In the 1980s my grandfather, who lived in Calgary, and I would call each other after each playoff game. We would say only 'Ha ha!' and then hang up if our team won.

Tried talking to him this week about the Flames and Oilers and his Alzheimer's is so advanced now that he can't remember anything about hockey any longer. Sad, but good memories from the past.
    Great memory to hold on to, no matter his state today. Sorry to hear about his illness.

I have some family who are Flames fans and we chirp each other (in jest of course) after every time they play.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post

That is an awesome story! I am glad that this series is bringing up the good memories of your grandfather!

Alzheimer's is such a difficult thing.... you almost have changed my mind to cheer for Calgary in hopes that your grandfather can call you up with one more 'Ha Ha'

Hang on to those memories bud! Hoping you and him can get together to watch a game or something like that!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Initiate

Okay my apologies then. I thought you directed at me.