Poll: Flames vs Oilers

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Calgary Flames vs (2) Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Calgary Flames vs (2) Edmonton Oilers

Lmao. Its Calgary Edmonton baby, you're out of your depth.

Plus, it's a legitimately terrible nickname for a player who's playstyle is more representative of an otter. Maybe a baby deer. Chipmunk. That general realm.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Calgary Flames vs (2) Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Not surprising that you would want to see anger, violence, suspensions, injuries, etc. I also live in Alberta and personally I'm looking forward more to the speed and skill of guys like McDavid and Gaudreau going head to head, but to each their own.
    I want teeth on the ice, noses sideways, bloodshot eyes, legs bent in shapes they shouldn't be. That's what I hope for sure.

But for you, if that's too violent in the most anticipated playoff series in decades, then maybe the NHL All star game is right up your alley. they got cute stuff like accuracy shooting, fastest skater etc. really nice speed and skill of guys like McDavid and Gaudreau going head to head.

but to each their own

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    I want teeth on the ice, noses sideways, bloodshot eyes, legs bent in shapes they shouldn't be. That's what I hope for sure.

But for you, if that's too violent in the most anticipated playoff series in decades, then maybe the NHL All star game is right up your alley. they got cute stuff like accuracy shooting, fastest skater etc. really nice speed and skill of guys like McDavid and Gaudreau going head to head.

but to each their own
    And don't you DARE make fun of any nicknames. Might offend someone.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Lmao. Its Calgary Edmonton baby, you're out of your depth.

Plus, it's a legitimately terrible nickname for a player who's playstyle is more representative of an otter. Maybe a baby deer. Chipmunk. That general realm.
    I know I’ve used this quote here before, probably for you. But here it is again as it fits your post perfectly…

“It’s better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open ones mouth and remove all doubt” *
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Given your reputation, I'll refrain from taking any advice from you. You might benefit taking your own advice tho.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

OR

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Veteran

but to each their own
    Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    And don't you DARE make fun of any nicknames. Might offend someone.
    Can we thank baby Jesus for the battle of Alberta and you two playing nice, even if it's just this once?

Goalie fight would be awesome. But would probably benefit Edmonton more than Calgary. Hilariously I probably trust Koskinen more than Vladar, although maybe they bring in Wolf and he continues his magical season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Can we thank baby Jesus for the battle of Alberta and you two playing nice, even if it's just this once?
    For now

Dobber Sports Star

im expecting many big and/or dirty hits and fights. should be fun if youre into that sorta thing.

whoever survives may be too beat up to defeat colorado/stlouis in the next round
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I don't even remember the actual stipulation of the bet, but Biz and Ryan Whitney have a major rivalry going with these two teams. The bet was Biz's Calgary would go further than Whit's Oilers and they have been on each other all year.

Now it comes to the culmination. I love it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I voted with my heart, Edmonton in 7.

I was cheering for Dallas to knock off a superior Flames team, but is it better to play a deep, tough to play against Calgary or a smoking hot super star goaltender on a decent Dallas team? At least we get to see another round in the Battle of Alberta...and more of those wicked 50/50 draws! Go Oilers!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Icon

Oilers in 5. McDavid has gone supernova and won't be stopped.

Dobber Sports Star

but to each their own
    You're right, I don't want to see anybody have their bones broken. I guess that makes me a soft snowflake in your demented view of the world. You're clearly so much tougher than me. Hey maybe you'll luck out and someone will take a skate blade to the jugular? That should really get you hard.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    You're right, I don't want to see anybody have their bones broken. I guess that makes me a soft snowflake in your demented view of the world. You're clearly so much tougher than me. Hey maybe you'll luck out and someone will take a skate blade to the jugular? That should really get you hard.
    no one said anything about people bleeding out on the ice after being decapitated by a skate blade. You're ******ed I'd say.

But to want a soft battle of alberta yes, you're a soft snowflake in my demented view of the world.

This series needs to be as advertised. Nasty and dirty, and hopefully it boils over with some massive fan brawls on the QE2 around Red Deer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    I was being nice...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Count on these 2 miserable incels to derail what should've been a fun thread...

The least the rest of you can do is spare me their idiocy by refraining from quoting them