Thread: Cozens

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Cozens

What kind of upside are we looking at with cozens in buffalo? I haven’t watched him play much outside of highlights and reading about him.
    10 Team Dynasty

Forward scoring in sig pic (D premium - G +1, A +1)

Min eligibility - 164 GP skt, 82 GP g

Start 4C, 4LW/RW, 6D, 2G

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Ek, Nelson
    , D Strome, Hayton, Novak
    RW Kempe, Verhaege, Batherson, Buchnevich, Tippett, Barbashev, Seguin

LW B Tkachuck, Forsberg, DeBrusk, Rakell, Jeannot, McCann
    D Seider, Ekblad, Doughty, Nurse, Dobson, Weegar, Pionk, Sergachev, Roy, Forsling
    G Oettinger, Sorokin, Lindgren, Daccord
    MIN Zetterlund, But, Cuylle, Nikishin, Mukhamadullin, Morrow, Bonk, Simashev, B
    Clarke, Nadeau, Afanasyev

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Cozens

He ended the season as Buffalo's third line C, behind Thompson and Mittelstadt and finished with a underwhelming 38 points. I think the Sabres are on the cusp of being a good hockey team, but I don't know where Cozens fits in.
    Perhaps he gets moved to the wing giving him a shot at top 6 minutes and a chance to flirt with 50 points next season and a 65-70 point ceiling thereafter.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Cozens now has two seasons under his belt, roughly 120 games and is now almost a .5 PPG player and is IMO trending very well in the right direction. There is indeed room for improvement, and I would anticipate that he continues on the learning curve and will improve his numbers next year and into the future. It is difficult to know where Cozens will fit into the Sabres' forward lines, but he is very much in the mix with Olofsson, Thompson, Quinn and Middlestadt as the Sabres young forward core. All of these guys have similar upside, in fact according to that "Dobber Guy" Cozens actually has a slightly higher upside than all of these guys and it is important to note that he is the "kid" here, still only 21 years old, the others have had a year or two head start on him (Olofsson, 5 years) in terms of development. I'm not sure Cozens is a PPG player nor an elite first line center, but he should readily round into a very solid top six forward, but, when I look at Buffalo's depth chart at center, there should be opportunity for Cozens to earn first line deployment in a few years. We'll see. I think 50 - 55 pts next year is a fair expectation and 65 - 75 pt potential beyond that.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I was offered Cozens, Kempe, and the second overall pick in this years rookie draft for my Elias Pettersson. My league rewards guys who hit and shoot a ton so Kempe is intriguing. Elias went nuts though to finish the year… worth taking? I was thinking if I do this, I’d grab Slafkovsky in hopes that he throws the body around for the extra points on top of his scoring upside. I may have draft fever and need to be talked down though.
    10 Team Dynasty

Forward scoring in sig pic (D premium - G +1, A +1)

Min eligibility - 164 GP skt, 82 GP g

Start 4C, 4LW/RW, 6D, 2G

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Ek, Nelson
    , D Strome, Hayton, Novak
    RW Kempe, Verhaege, Batherson, Buchnevich, Tippett, Barbashev, Seguin

LW B Tkachuck, Forsberg, DeBrusk, Rakell, Jeannot, McCann
    D Seider, Ekblad, Doughty, Nurse, Dobson, Weegar, Pionk, Sergachev, Roy, Forsling
    G Oettinger, Sorokin, Lindgren, Daccord
    MIN Zetterlund, But, Cuylle, Nikishin, Mukhamadullin, Morrow, Bonk, Simashev, B
    Clarke, Nadeau, Afanasyev

Dobber Sports Superstar

This is a borderline OK offer for EP but I'm not sure I'm taking it. If I have this right, your league scoring cats are extremely heavily weighted for goals and assists. All the other cats do provide some reward as you say, but that reward is significantly minimal compared to goals and assists. This being the case, if EP gets back on track and picks up where he left off this season, this trade is not going to help you, EP will have significant value. Personally, I think the Nucks will be a much better team next year and Pettersen will likely be pushing the PPG mark. A few other points, your team seems pretty strong and should contend so this suggests if it ain't broke, don't fix it. You also have a very strong farm, that second overall while nice, is not critical to your pipeline. So, I'm suggesting this offer is a not, have a beer and the draft fever will pass (:

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

Drops

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by flyers94 View Post
    I was offered Cozens, Kempe, and the second overall pick in this years rookie draft for my Elias Pettersson. My league rewards guys who hit and shoot a ton so Kempe is intriguing. Elias went nuts though to finish the year… worth taking? I was thinking if I do this, I’d grab Slafkovsky in hopes that he throws the body around for the extra points on top of his scoring upside. I may have draft fever and need to be talked down though.
    I would not take this. This year's draft isn't what other years are. Kempe is what is he is, but that isn't necessarily enough to warrant a potential 90 pt player. Cozens is in the prospect phase, but not necessarily one that is on a seemingly firm path to superstardom. This has the feeling of another owner's spare parts for your higher-level guy.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I did a similar deal involving Cozens at the trade deadline.

I gave away Cozens, Mercer, and what turned out to be 2nd overall in the upcoming draft for Eichel.

I would say keep EP in your case

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    I would not take this. This year's draft isn't what other years are. Kempe is what is he is, but that isn't necessarily enough to warrant a potential 90 pt player. Cozens is in the prospect phase, but not necessarily one that is on a seemingly firm path to superstardom. This has the feeling of another owner's spare parts for your higher-level guy.
    im not sure if i take this or not myself, but i think you are greatly undervaluing this years draft, specially at the very top...i think this is on par with Lafreniere/Byfield draft. Now many of those guys are not hitting at full speed yet but i think many of them will soon. I see this draft as very similar.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    im not sure if i take this or not myself, but i think you are greatly undervaluing this years draft, specially at the very top...i think this is on par with Lafreniere/Byfield draft. Now many of those guys are not hitting at full speed yet but i think many of them will soon. I see this draft as very similar.
    Ya, the draft is not as deep in talent as others but that second overall is netting a damn nice asset. Still, we are taking what amounts to a pts only league and EP 40. I'm still passing particularly with the farm the OP already has.

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Keepers

Drops