Thread: Thoughts on Tarasov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Thoughts on Tarasov

i have the 4th over all pick in the draft just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on how good Tarasov might be. i am in a dynasty keep everyone league with minors i could really use a prospect goalie but not sure if it would be the right move.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Thoughts on Tarasov

I really like Tarasov, but not for a 4th overall pick. I’d need to learn more about your your draft, but I think it’s safe to assume in any format he’s not a 4th overall pick right now.

Dobber Sports Superstar

We really need more information here about your league. Tarasov is likely as good a goalie prospect as any, but what he turns out to be is anyone's guess. Off hand, unless this league is exceptionally deep and prospects are few and far between, drafting Tarasov with a 4th overall is not something I would be inclined to do. We all know, or should, that projecting young goalies is virtually impossible whereas projecting skaters is typically significantly far less volatile than it is with goalies. Taking a goalie prospect with a 4th overall is high risk, again, depending on what your other draft options might be.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sage

I've owned Tarasov for several seasons now and am concerned about his hip/groin injury. IIRC, there was discussion about how it is not an easy injury for goalies to quickly come back from. Hope they're wrong. Like others have said, highly doubt is your 4th best option.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Star

Without knowing the particulars, Id be reluctant to pick just about any goalie with the 4th overall pick of whatever it is. Tarasov is a good prospect, but he's not an Askarov type and you'll get better value with a skater there.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Doesn’t matter what your league info is, Tarasov is not a 4th overall pick. I like him and own him but wouldn’t draft him at that high a pick, no matter what.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Thank you guys sorry for the slow response this is a 12 team league and i also have the 2nd pick in the second pick in the second round would this spot if he is still there be the better idea ? the guy that will be drafted in the first round will be for the most part with me the guys in this years draft.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by redwing401959 View Post
    Thank you guys sorry for the slow response this is a 12 team league and i also have the 2nd pick in the second pick in the second round would this spot if he is still there be the better idea ? the guy that will be drafted in the first round will be for the most part with me the guys in this years draft.
    14 sounds much more reasonable. Who are some other non-draft eligible goalies that will be available? You might even be able to trade down a few spots and still get him.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd be hard-pressed to take a goalie prospect at 4th overall in a rookie draft. For example, Cossa/Wallstedt went 6th & 7th in my very deep multi-cat cap dynasty last year. I took Wallstedt, as I wasn't expecting him to be there. Beniers went immediately after, and he's the guy I was expecting to take at 7. That may have been a mistake, but I'm comfortable enough with that pick.

I do like Tarasov as being worth a pick at 14th. Once you get to that point, you're looking at a number of players who are less certain, and Tarasov looks like a NHL goalie.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The only other non-drafted goalie would be Logan Thompson