Poll: Avs or Blues

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Colorado Avalanche vs (3) St.Louis Blues

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Colorado Avalanche vs (3) St.Louis Blues

Avs in 7. Blues are a tough out.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Western Conference Second Round: (1) Colorado Avalanche vs (3) St.Louis Blues

I'm taking the Avs in 6. Blues will give them a rough go, but ultimately Mack will pull it off
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Veteran

Avs in 6.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Avalanche in 7 games.

This is going to be the year we look back at and say....

Remember how many series went to 7 games!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

I always underestimate the Blues and they prove me wrong, so I'll have to go with Avs in 6

Dobber Sports Ace

Blues in 7

Dobber Sports Veteran

No disrespect to Colorado, but there's something about this Blues team that screams really, really tough playoff out to me and that they're even more dangerous in the underdog role. I'll take the Blues in 7.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'll believe the Avs can lose this year when they do. Avs in 5.

The Great One

Minny was a complete no show in the last few games. We’re still talking about Binnington and Husso here. Neither has suddenly turned into something special. Avs in 5.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Icon

Blues in 6. No idea why but the Avs have a history of losing in the second round so I will assume they do it again this year.

Dobber Sports Star

It is an interesting point. If somebody is really crouched over and you hit him in the face with your stick, is it high sticking? What if he is lying on the ice and you hit him in the face with your stick? Is there a height restriction for high sticking?

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    It is an interesting point. If somebody is really crouched over and you hit him in the face with your stick, is it high sticking? What if he is lying on the ice and you hit him in the face with your stick? Is there a height restriction for high sticking?

Rylant
    I'm really curious to see what people have to say about that tomorrow as well. I wouldn't think that would be considered a high-stick but I'm no expert when it comes to the rulebook.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm pretty sure, but not positive, it's over the height of the crossbar or shoulders.

Can always call something else like slashing.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Veteran

The rules analyst on TNT said even though the stick was under his shoulders, you still have an obligation to be in control of your stick.

The Great One

Well one can pretty quickly find the rule book on this amazing thing called “the internet”…

https://cms.nhl.bamgrid.com/images/a...-file/file.pdf

Rule 60 – High-sticking
    60.1 High-sticking – For “high-sticking the puck”, refer to Rule 80.
    A “high stick” is one which is carried above the height of the opponent’s shoulders. Players must be in control and responsible for their stick. However, a player is permitted accidental contact on an opponent if the act is committed as a normal windup or follow through of a shooting motion, or accidental contact on the opposing center who is bent over during the course of a face-off. A wild swing at a bouncing puck would not be considered a normal windup or follow through and any contact to an opponent above the height of the shoulders shall be penalized accordingly.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch