Thread: Frederik Andersen Trade

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Frederik Andersen Trade

Hello again folks,

Sorry to be spamming the boards the last few days, a lot going on in my league this off-season: We're having an expansion draft AND initiating a new re-sign system, where you can only resign four players. It's created a lot of available players and active GMs.

I have another trade option, this team for a goalie which is a position that has plagued me since I took over the team. It's the team in my signature. I'm on the fence: I'm desperate for defenceman so losing a solid, cheap prospect who's breaking in feels dumb. BUT my goaltending is a disaster (and they tend to be so expensive in this league.) I have Ingram in the minors, and that's probably my best bet at a goalie.

Arvidsson
    Pavel Francouz
    Lassi Thomson
    2023 2nd

for

Frederik Andersen
    John Leonard

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
    Last edited by EnglishJet; May 12, 2022 at 9:58 PM. Reason: Can't spell
    32 Team Keeper League
    Dynasty, unlimited prospects.
    $62 million salary cap (negotiate our own salaries)
    Current roster:
    Centers: Hintz, Eichel, Zegras, M. Barron, Schiefele.
    Wingers: T. Thompson, Teravainen, Slafovsky, Duchene/J. Benn
    Defencemen: Q Hughes, , Hamilton, Fowler, Borowiecki, Liljegren
    Goalies: F. Andersen, Conor Ingram, M. Murray
    Farm: Egor Sokolov, Jett Woo,
    Skater points: Goals, Assists, +/-, PiMs, GWG, Points
    Goalie points: Ws, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Frederik Andersen Trade

That latter part should be Freddie Andersen with Leonard, right? It is spelled like Rasmus Andersson and is a bit confusing. What is the salary on Andersen and Francouz?

I'd probably want to wait a bit to see where the Avalanche goalie situation ends up.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Yes, its Frederik Andersen—thanks for catching that! Both Francouz and Andersen's contracts are expired, so they'd be taking a resign slot. We negotiate our own salaries in this league, but I'd get Andersen gets around $5,000,000 and Francouz gets anywhere between $2,000,000 and $3,000,000

Do you think Francouz ends up the starter in Avalanche?
    32 Team Keeper League
    Dynasty, unlimited prospects.
    $62 million salary cap (negotiate our own salaries)
    Current roster:
    Centers: Hintz, Eichel, Zegras, M. Barron, Schiefele.
    Wingers: T. Thompson, Teravainen, Slafovsky, Duchene/J. Benn
    Defencemen: Q Hughes, , Hamilton, Fowler, Borowiecki, Liljegren
    Goalies: F. Andersen, Conor Ingram, M. Murray
    Farm: Egor Sokolov, Jett Woo,
    Skater points: Goals, Assists, +/-, PiMs, GWG, Points
    Goalie points: Ws, GAA, SV%, SHO

Francouz could end up the starter, yes. I'd think that if you are negotiating your own contracts via some mechanism, Andersen would be much higher paid, of course. When does that happen, and how does it work? Is it everyone bids on the player or something?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Ohh, Francouz becoming the starter would be amazing. What makes you think he has a chance?

And our resigns are quite laborious: we have to find other comparable players in the league, previous stats and current projections to create a salary that is then submitted to the board of commissioners for approval. Two attempts to resign a player. Andersen will probably make double Francouz.

The only other option I have is he’ll accept the following:

Arvidsson
    Maxence Guenette
    My 2023 1st

As a team that’s been rebuilding the last few years moving my first rounder next year scares me, especially consider my roster holes. Im about to add Cam Fowler for a 2nd and a long shot prospect, but it’s still not the guaranteed playoff yet, although it’s heading that way.

Edit: He messaged again saying he’d be willing to do the following also:

Arviddson
    Lassi Thomson
    2023 2nd

For

Andersen

I'd take that last deal with the 2nd rounder.

Francouz has a chance to be the starter because he's been very good in the NHL, and is under contract for next year. I'd basically submit a salary for Francouz that is his NHL salary pro-rated down by the ratio of $58M/$81.5M, rounded down to the nearest 100K. You should be able to get him for less than his NHL contract, since you have a cap of 58 instead of 81.5.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Despite my "goalie phobia" this is an absolutely bargain basement price to pay for Freddy. I'm prepared to take either deal but I'd take the second offer in a heart beat. Arvidsson who is totally replaceable and a long shot Defensemen and a long shot 2nd round pick are a steal. Even if Freddy shits the bed next year it's not like the assets you have sent the other way are going to cause you to lose sleep at night. On the other side of the coin he wins the Vezina. Hit accept fast IMO.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf