Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2nd & 14th overall vs 5th and 9th

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: 2nd & 14th overall vs 5th and 9th

Brady Tkachuk should be here
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    In a redraft after the top eight guys are gone, look at the top two guys on your list for pick nine. I can almost guarantee you that one of them will still be there at 14. Up at the top, the drop off from 2 to 5 is bigger. Yes you should still be getting one of Kuch, Hubs, or Makar at five, but anytime you can get a top three player you do it. The drop off lessens the farther into the draft you get.

McDavid
    Matthews
    Draisaitl
    MacKinnon
    Kucherov
    Huberdeau
    Marchand
    Rantanen
    Makar
    M. Tkachuk
    Kaprizov
    Barkov
    Ovie
    Marner
    Gaudreau

Here's a reasonable top-15.
    What you're looking at is Matthews/Drai and Marner/Gaudreau for Kuch/Hubs and Makar/Tkachuk. It's reasonable but I'll take the 2/14 slot every time. There's also a slight chance that #1 overall goes one of Matthews/Makar/Vas/Shesty and you end up with McDavid.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Brady Tkachuk should be here
    Yeah he definitely should be. Just goes to show there's a lot more depth than there is quantity at the top.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I think the value between 2 and 5 is more substantial than the value between 9 and 14 which isn't much difference at all. So I'd go with 2 and 14.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If you get the chance to get the #2 overall pick you go out and get it. Having the opportunity to get a player like Matthews, Mackinnon, Draisaitl, or even Makar you don't pass that up. Even when you get down to pick #14 you are going to receive a quality player at that pick as well. Go with the #2 & #14 pick.