Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which Two to keep?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Which Two to keep?

Hey everyone, league information and team should all be in my signature. With the team currently constructed, I am now deciding to keep two of Cole Perfetti, Oliver Wahlstrom, Vasily Podkolzin, or MacKenzie Blackwood. Who would be your two picks for my last two keeper slots? I'm leaning Perfetti for sure for one of them, but struggling for the second spot heavily. I'm tempted to keep Blackwood since my only two goalies are Oettinger and Quick, however, I like Wahlstrom and Podkolzin a lot so it could be the wrong move. Thanks for your responses in advance, I will give rep as always when I can!
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Which Two to keep?

I would keep Podkolzin and Perfetti. None of those teams scream "this player could catch fire next season" so I would be going with the best name value. Even if Winnipeg is a tire fire, there are plenty of people who believe Perfetti is a solid own for the future. So, even if you don't get immediate stat value you still have trade value. I think Podkolzin actually has the most potential value for next season. Vancouver isn't super deep on scoring threats. All he has to do is take some small steps and he could easily be on a scoring line and poaching some pp minutes. The other 2 I consider lost causes. NJ is still battling out of the mire Lou left them in and the Islanders are heading into it. The only way Wahlstrom gets a great opportunity is if they blow up the roster and try to do a full retool/rebuild. But Lou doesn't do that so count on him continuing to bring in blue collar grinders and washed up vets and swimming in mediocrity the way NJ did after the 2012 cup final. Any NJ fan right now will tell you, they can't play defense. Besides the fact that I don't think Blackwood is a real #1, you're betting on a long shot of him netting you any real value either in the stats or the trade market for the near future. Keep Perfetti and Podkolzin and then try and turn them into a upgrade. That would be my thinking.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Grand Master

First off, not Blackwood. He's injured, on a mediocre team, and has posted mediocre or worse numbers the last 2 years.

Perfetti is a good choice as the first guy. Winnipeg underachieved this year, and I think he's got a full time top 6 role next year without question.

Between Wahlstrom & Podkolzin, it will depend somewhat on the coaches. I have more faith in Vancouver having an offensive style than the Islanders due to the Islander GM's love for grinders, and Boudreau being in Vancouver.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I’m with others, Podkolzin and Perfetti
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

No to Blackwood. Yes to Perfetti.

Then pick your poison from the other 2. I kind of lean Wahlstrom. I think he will benefit from a coaching change and has a higher offensive ceiling - more likely to become a legitimate first line player. Podkolzin is solid, and potentially safer, but I kind of see him turning out as a reliable second line winger. But hard to say. You could make a reasonable argument either way.
    12 Teams, 23 Players (max 3 goalies), H2H, Keep 15 (max 2 goalies)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 2F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 8 Bench, 2 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK, W, SV, SV%, SHO

Keepers:
    C - Matthews, Eichel, Hughes (LW), Pettersson
    LW - Kaprizov, Svechnikov (RW), Guentzel, Fiala, Keller (RW)
    RW - Marner, Meier (LW), Laine(C/LW), Jarvis (C)
    D - Dahlin​, Sergachev, Theodore, Klingberg, Werenski, Peeke, Cernak
    G - Shesterkin, Sorokin, Merzlikins
    IR - Pacioretty, Ristolainen

2023 Draft Picks: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

**2021/22 League Champion**

Dobber Sports Superstar

Agreed, Blackwood is a no, Perfetti is a yes. Then it gets tough. There are so many unknown factors with Pods and Wahlstrom that will come into play next year and beyond that its a best guess IMO. Personally, I like Wahlstrom but Podkolzin could just as easily be the best choice.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports All-Star

Perfetti and Podkolzin.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Ace

Perfetti has to be one. Podkolzin and Wahlstrom are close. They should both have plenty of opportunities next season. Toss up.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Star

Perfetti is the easy yes, and then I'll say Podkolzin.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Another vote for Perfetti and Podkolzin
    SalaryKeeper ROTO-Add/Drops/Trades require IRL $
    12 Teams - 32 Player Roster -20 Active - Min 5D to Max 7D - Min 11F to Max 13F
    16 Keepers (G=2 Keeper spots)
    83.5M Weekly AAV - Bench does not count towards salary cap

F/D: G, A, PPA, PPG, +/-, Hits, BLKS, Shifts (0.5), TOI (0.5), PEN
    G: GAA, Saves, SPCT, TOI, Wins, SO, OTL (0.5)

Roster
    F: MacKinnon, JT Miller, Kaprizov,
    E.Kane, Caufield, Eichel, Batherson, Malkin, Dach
    Kempe, Greig, Tolvanen, Zary, P.Kane, Foegele, Dowd

D: Theodore, Chychrun, Drysdale, McAvoy, Matheson, Okhotiuk, M. Roy, Fehervary, Perbix, Martinez, M. Anderson

G: Thompson, Vanecek, UPL, Lyon, Binnington

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    First off, not Blackwood. He's injured, on a mediocre team, and has posted mediocre or worse numbers the last 2 years.

Perfetti is a good choice as the first guy. Winnipeg underachieved this year, and I think he's got a full time top 6 role next year without question.

Between Wahlstrom & Podkolzin, it will depend somewhat on the coaches. I have more faith in Vancouver having an offensive style than the Islanders due to the Islander GM's love for grinders, and Boudreau being in Vancouver.
    Sounds good, it's a tough decision for sure between Wahlstrom and Podkolzin, based on all the other responses as well! I will definitely keep Perfetti as my original plan, and decide between Podkolzin or Wahlstrom when I need to. Thank you, it won't let me give you rep unfortunately

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    I’m with others, Podkolzin and Perfetti
    Perfetti for sure, and right now I am leaning Podkolzin but I still will definitely go back and forth before declarations are due. Thank you!
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf54 View Post
    No to Blackwood. Yes to Perfetti.

Then pick your poison from the other 2. I kind of lean Wahlstrom. I think he will benefit from a coaching change and has a higher offensive ceiling - more likely to become a legitimate first line player. Podkolzin is solid, and potentially safer, but I kind of see him turning out as a reliable second line winger. But hard to say. You could make a reasonable argument either way.
    For sure, I see definite arguments for either player getting the nod over the other. I definitely will keep Perfetti, as everyone seems to agree that he is a keeper for sure! Thank you
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Agreed, Blackwood is a no, Perfetti is a yes. Then it gets tough. There are so many unknown factors with Pods and Wahlstrom that will come into play next year and beyond that its a best guess IMO. Personally, I like Wahlstrom but Podkolzin could just as easily be the best choice.
    For sure, I will certainly keep Perfetti now, and I've felt that it was a tossup between those two either way for next season! Leaning Podkolzin if I had to choose today but I do not, so just wanted more opinions! Thank you
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by bbfl1987 View Post
    Perfetti has to be one. Podkolzin and Wahlstrom are close. They should both have plenty of opportunities next season. Toss up.
    Makes sense, I personally lean Podkolzin right now if I had to choose but declarations are a long ways away so I do not! I do see it mainly as a toss up as well, mainly why I wanted to ask and see if it favoured one or the other but it certainly does not haha! Thank you for your opinion!
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah Perfetti and then Podz/Wahlstrom. I think Wahlstrom will take longer to be a keeper, so go with Podz for next season for sure. In two or three years you might want Wahlstrom over Podkolzin but there are too many unknowns (coaching changes in both organizations)
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)