Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Roe v Wade to be overturned?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Roe v Wade to be overturned?

There is no constitutional right that has been declared/interpreted by the Supreme Court that isn't now subject to removal. The idea that all citizens are entitled to equal protection is up for overruling now. The dam has been broken.

To show the craven, bad faith nature of this, look no further than Thomas, where he specifically identifies the big constitutional right cases that he feels should be struck down. He intentionally fails to mention one, Loving v. Virginia, which established that laws banning interracial marriage are unconstitutional. He fails to mention that case because he has an interracial marriage. For some people, constitutional rights are only good if they specifically help them.

Dobber Sports Pro

What a depressing day. What a setback by the US. The Supreme Court, an institution that felt so solid in the eyes of many (at least, outside the US) is now crumbling. Its reputation is now laughable as some of those judges should have a very hard time looking in a mirror and taking themselves seriously. Ugh...

Dobber Sports Initiate

The tsunami of liberal tears today about "my body, my choice" are because they're big mad that they might not be able to kill babies on demand, are the same lunatics and radicals who wanted a forced nationwide covid vaccine mandate on all Americans to be able to get a job and provide for their family.

God bless our constitution.

Prepare for the burning of Democrat cities because crazy has to prove it.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    The tsunami of liberal tears today about "my body, my choice" are because they're big mad that they might not be able to kill babies on demand, are the same lunatics and radicals who wanted a forced nationwide covid vaccine mandate on all Americans to be able to get a job and provide for their family.

I fully support this decision even if I personally disagree with it, IF it was done legitimately. The fact is, the majority of Americans support right to abortion. The fact is that every single one of the members of the Supreme Court who voted to overturn Roe V Wade, said they wouldn't during the selection process. Now that they have life long tenure, there is nobody holding them to the stance which helped get them confirmed in the first place.

You can pound your chest and laugh at the Democrats who are appalled by this, but that doesn't change the fact that the way it happened was as slimy and as corrupt an act as we have ever seen in the Supreme Court.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

The Supreme Court must be working on bringing back slavery as we speak... stay tuned

Dobber Sports Star

I know. I can’t wait for newest SC judge, pedophile and racist Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson to excuse herself from all matters involving woman because as you know, she could not define a woman when asked. Difficult question to answer.
    You can't get me with whataboutism. I am willing to discuss anybody who I tend to agree with and their wrongdoings. What you will never see me do, is what you just did there; which is totally ignore and deflect the point made while saying "what about the shitty thing your guy did!".

Rylant

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    The Supreme Court must be working on bringing back slavery as we speak... stay tuned
    Democrats sure did try and fight Republicans when the Republicans ended it, so maybe? Never know.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. Taking away women's freedom to do what they want with their bodies is certainly a step towards removing individual freedoms.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy, how brain-washed you are . Stop watching Fox news.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Genius

Trump getting the last laugh yet again. He’s a big reason for this being overturned by bringing in the 2 white male republican judges. Who btw said they would not overturn Roe v Wade.

Not only that but he’s going to escape any blame from Jan. 6 riots plus he will get another opportunity to be the next POTUS. Unbelievable.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    Trump getting the last laugh yet again. He’s a big reason for this being overturned by bringing in the 2 white male republican judges. Who btw said they would not overturn Roe v Wade.

Not only that but he’s going to escape any blame from Jan. 6 riots plus he will get another opportunity to be the next POTUS. Unbelievable.
    He will not escape his crimes. He will get prosecuted after the Jan 6 commission finishes their investigation in July and turns over all the documents to the DOJ. Or so I hope.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I know. I can’t wait for newest SC judge, pedophile and racist Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson to excuse herself from all matters involving woman because as you know, she could not define a woman when asked. Difficult question to answer.
    Conservatives just despise black people. They can’t hide it anymore. It’s been festering since Obama. They’ll make shit up and slander anyone if they’re not both white and conservative. It’s the playbook.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    He will not escape his crimes. He will get prosecuted after the Jan 6 commission finishes their investigation in July and turns over all the documents to the DOJ. Or so I hope.
    Lol. No he wont

Dobber Sports Star

Let's not lose sight of what should be the main issue of Dobbs. Anything that did not exist in that particular manner in 1787, has been one way for a majority of human history, or has not been indisputably and unmistakably addressed by a Constitutional amendment (except for firearms), can be made illegal. Thomas' concurrence explicitly asks for challenges to everything (except interracial marriage). White and non-white drinking fountains can be reinstated, because they've only been illegal for 60 or so years, depending on where you live and the founding fathers never mentioned anything about requiring that different races or ethnic groups share drinking fountains in the Constitution. In the recent concealed carry case, Bruen, Thomas stated that something had been one way in the United States for "only" 180 years or so, and that 180 year period wasn't enough to have been a lasting tradition when compared to human history. Segregated schools are perfectly fine under the Dobbs' majority's reasoning. Forcing Jews to live in certain areas of a city is perfectly fine; the founding fathers never said that wasn't ok to do. Every accommodation for disabled people can be made illegal; they didn't require wheelchair ramps in 1787 and they didn't put closed-captioning on movies or TV shows in 1787. So if you can't wheel your wheelchair up the marble steps, get out and crawl. Anything anti-semitic is fine, as the US has a longer history of being predominately and overwhelmingly Christian than it does of being a mixture of different religions. Slavery should probably still be barred because the 13th Amendment's text seems clear. The fact that we need to check the text of the amendment to make sure slavery isn't back on the table speaks to where we stand. It's easy to say "oh, that would never happen" to any of these things being struck down or imposed. Yet here we are, the path has been made clear.

If you're one of the few people who actually bear an honest religious or moral opposition to abortion, that's fine, you have the right to celebrate this decision. But you're also celebrating and cheering for the loss of every civil liberty and non-firearms Constitutional right.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Conservatives just despise black people. They can’t hide it anymore. It’s been festering since Obama. They’ll make shit up and slander anyone if they’re not both white and conservative. It’s the playbook.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. No he wont
    I'm pretty sure this isn't as laughable a situation as you think it is.

Dobber Sports Star

Your entire 1st paragraph was pointing out the apparent hypocrisy of justices that said one thing during confirmation hearings only to change their mind 25 years later for some of them. I, in turn, pointed out a Justice that couldn’t even define what a woman is a month ago. But if it only matters what someone said 25 years ago instead of what a Liberal supporter said a month ago, I’m sure you also know what Biden said himself about abortion in his past.

But hey, I understand you need a reason to backtrack, good effort.
    We are talking about a judicial process to determine judges at the highest level in the United States. If these people can't be trusted to be honest through this process, then they are making a mockery of what the entire thing stands for. And if you truly believe that every one of these judges "changed their mind" rather than bold faced lie, then I would suggest you are either being disingenuous or you are stupider than I originally thought you were. Either way, you clearly aren't interested in having an honest debate about it. Best of luck to you moving forward.

Rylant

Edit. Also, 3 of the 5 judges were Trump appointed. So your suggesting that "some of them" had their confirmation 25 years ago, also comes across as intentionally misleading. Three of them were in the last 5 years, Alito was 2006. The "some of them" I guess you are referring to is Thomas.

Dobber Sports Titan

Child support should start at the same time when the forced-birth supporters say the fetus is a child.

---edit---
    changed the terminology to better reflect what they are.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll